What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happen to all my cannabutter?

i put about 3 box of butter into a pot of water with about 2lb to 3lb of trim and fan leaves on low fire. I got about 1 box of butter after it was all done. where did it all go?

i have the water that is left over, can i do anything with that?

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
By box you mean a LB of butter? You lose some of it in the process... I am not really sure what happens but I have noticed it as well. It probably cooks off or something. No worries that one 'box' of butter will be plenty potent! If you put 2-3lb's of trim especially...

Should be able to make a decent amount of brownies.

Would love to hear an explanation of what happens to the butter though...

As far as the water... I would not touch it... I always pour it down the drain...

Pour boiling water over the trim. A good bit of the butter is stuck in the trim..

yea, that sounds good. ill try that.

should i boil the old black water that i got the butter from and add more butter to it or is it all gone.

when i make butter, should the trim be filled to the top and the water barely covers all of it?

benzo

i like to use helllla water.

it such having to use so many containers to separate the butter.

but i find the extra water pulls more chlorophyll out of the final product than if i used less water.

STUNKY

Mmmmm no probley not.. Next time when ur straining the trim boil some water and pour over the trim it works better if the trim isn't squished together so the water can contact all the trim.. Good luck..

STUNKY

Don't use the black water unless u don't have more water..which unless ur in a third world country I'm sure u do..the amount of water in with the trim doesn't really matter thc isn't water soluble its going to go into the butter . the water is just a median to help transfer the heat to the trim and thc to the butter.
Better luck next time the best teacher is experience..

Latest posts

Latest posts