What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Run through BHO Bud into cannabutter?

MattHend

I have a bunch of top shelf bud that has been run through and was thinking of making some good ole samuel L jackson cannabutter with it to take on vacation. I figure this is better than the alternative of throwing it away, but am I wasting my time even trying?
Thanks in Advance!

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I have known friends to do this and get decent edibles. I am saving up some spent to run into cannabutter right now, gonna wait til its like a lb of spent though.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It works for me. The potency of the extracted buds can vary, but there's always something good left after the first extraction.

dv0h

We use ours for tinctures and I can say its great for hot glycerine tinctures. I'm sure it'd be good for cannabutter or anything else too. ^.^

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
I do this as well. I used to make bubble out of "ran material", these days I just do a dry ice extraction. Shit is no good for smoking, but excellent for cooking.