What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eating raw pot ?

unspoken

put peanut butter on crackers and put the weed on top then put it in the oven on like 250*f for 10 minutes and enjoy. Like wantaknow said they are called firecrackers. If you really want to just eat the bud then I would still put it in the oven first.

unspoken

depends on your tolerance and the strain I guess. Start slow and work your way up until you find a comfortable dose. I would probably eat 1/2 -1 gram at first and see how I feel in an hour.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eating it requires heat or acidulation to decarb

Would the hydrochloric acid in the stomach decarboxicate enougth to gain some effect ?

Have seen glass hard crysolithic hairs in bud under a scope that scratch alluminum , dont fancy eating them greens and haveing me bowels ripped up.

Still better than brussels sprouts though.

easy420dude

I have more questions than answers about decarboxilation. I have eaten raw hash and gotten off pretty well, but I always decarb my bud. I've found you can use fresh bud if you cut it up fairly fine and decarb it in the oven at 250 F for 15 - 20 minutes. I've seen ppl say up to an hour, but 15-20 seems to do it for me. If using fresh bud, use tinfoil but leave it open so the moisture evaps. Take the end result mix it with ice cream, yogurt, oat meal of anything really (some fat or oil no doubt helps) and enjoy. You can get way stoned doing this. Like unspoken said, it's best to build up to what's comfortable. Too much and you'll regret it...for a while anyway. My own rule of thumb is about enough to roll an average to nice-sized joint. One dose keeps me loaded all day.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Pay no attention to the stoner behind the green curtain....

I meant basification.

THCA is not psychoactive until it looses it's status as an acid and becomes THC.

As far as the food dehydrator working better for eating your "raw" pot was that it was actually decarboxylating as it sat in the heated air.

The fancy term just means that a COOH group is lost as CO2 and H2O...

It happens at room temperature just very slowly... giving it a kick in the ass just before you eat it (with some kind of fat or oil) is the way to go.

If hash got you really stoned by eating it then it sat around a time before it was pressed as it usually does in Morocco.

Painfull

I did a firecracker last night. I took Crackers and put peanut butter on two crackers with about a gram of MJ ground up in the middle and I put it in the oven at 225 degrees for 10 mins. I have eaten products with cannabutter in them and enjoyed it but not this way. I didn't get much of a high just made me feel kind of coach locked and I really didn't get much out of it. I would rather smoke it in a joint.

Pain

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have tried raw buds like this before. Its not very enjoyable to munch on like this. I tried it once then never again...Making it into something thats enjoyable to eat is a much better experience...

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
I always munch a nug or two during clipping...usually tastes like cantaloupe [re:cannalope;)]

Paradise' White Berry tasted like watermelon, and a nice sized Ice Cream nug of theirs gave me the dank farts. Everyone should eat a 1-2 gram raw fresh clipped nug and experience the dank farts. Classic.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the bioavailability of dried bud varies depending on the individual. In the past, I've gotten very high from powdered bud put into empty gelcaps. Grinding it into a fine powder increases the surface area and makes digestion easier. These were cured dried buds, so decarboxylation wasn't needed to get the effects.

Since then I've found that cooking the same bud powder into coconut oil increases the potency. It also decreases the duration of the effects. My capsules with bud and coconut oil wear off a couple hours earlier than the ones with plain bud powder.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
yes dank farts and shits are the best part of eating weed, i need to get a juicer but i have been blending leaves stems and buds lately and putting it in bolognaise, milk etc...lol..i figure it will do my colon and insides some goodness.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
painful,

to answer your first part of the thread... raw cannabinoids are in their carboxylic acid forms (THCa, CBDa, CBGa, CBCa etc. etc.) and do not bind to the Cb1 receptor but instead bind to other receptors and produce medicinal benefits of a non psychoactive nature (but still make great anti inflammatories and can help with pain) ... but when THCa is heated it loses the carbon molecule that makes it THCa and converts it into THC which binds to the Cb1 receptor mostly found in the brain and mostly responsible for the high as well as the typical medical benefits one gets from smoking... also when eaten a portion of the THC is metabolized by the liver from delta-9-tetrahydrocannbinnol into 11-hydroxy-tetrahydrocannabinol which is upwards of 5x more potent than delta 9 THC and works on the brain differently than regular delta 9

Just looking for the easiest way to get high/stoned without the hassle of making butter or edibles and some pain relief. Juicing the leaves is said to have the most CBD's not the buds with no psychoactive effects. Best for med. users.

Painfull

to make the best tasting/most potent edibles or capsules... you first need to make some full melt hash or some form of hash oil.

if you wish to make capsules, first you must, decarb your oil by gently heating it up to between 200 -250f and watch it carefully for the small uniformly sized bubbles... once those have slowed and all but stopped forming take it off the heat and add it to some warmed coconut oil at your desired ratio and fill the capsules to your desired dosage. chill for a few minutes then they can be stored at room temp if they will be consumed shortly

or you can make great tasting edibles without the hassle of straining hot butter or oil...

when baking edibles Don't Decarboxylate Your Hash First

simply warm your butter or vegetable oil (which ever your recipe calls for), just warm enough to gently melt the hash in, then add your desired amount of hash and mix them together. if necessary cool the butter til solid, or continue with the recipe as normal... bake and enjoy!