What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

42g of MALES?..Can I Make Butter??!

Blaz3

Hey guys...so Im interested in making butter,then baking into some cookies....

I have 42g [1.5ounces] of MALE stems,and leaves..bascially the entire plants on 6 males....

while fresh,they were sticky,smelled strongly of fruits..I have heard that even male butter WILL have an effect...so any of you guys have experience with making butter out of males?...

If so,how much butter to 1.5ounces?.....how much water...any guys can give me an exact recipe for my 1.5ounce of leaves?..thank you soo much in advance..

this will be my first time making edibles..and I havnt smoked any bud in months....

Blaz3

Why do you say wont be worth the time Hammer?...potency?..amount of end product..like I said its my first time with edibles,so I jsut want to try...even if its just enough to make 5 cookies Im ok with that....so will it atleast have SOME potency?...

And I meant whats a ratio of leaves:butter?

Blaz3

the potency wont be enough.

Do you have experience with making butter from males?....will it be enough if i use a small amount of butter ?....what if I eat the butter straighth up?..on some toast?I ehar that our stomache finds it hard to digest..you have to further bake the butter with something?

yerboyblue

I personally wouldn't even spend the time making the butter if it were female stems and leaves, just not enough resin on all that to make for much of a experience, if at all. If you have some trim or shake leftover, that's another story!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont use males for anything but breeding. I do have a few lbs of buds ready to make butter with just lazy :)

sso

Veteran
i dont think that would be enough for butter, but it really does depend upon the males,. some males give you a mild buzz others give you a headache.

try smoking a few leaves. see what happens.

you could also make waterhash (just water and ice in a bucket and then allow the thc to settle after you have vigorously stirred the cannabis along with the ice in the bucket. then just drain off the water and dry the hash.)

might get a few smokes out of it.

analogue

one ounce of cannabis

one lb of butter

some water

simmer an hour or more. crockpot is good.

strain

cool over night in the fridge, pop out the frisbee.

probably not worth your time with males, but you need to learn how to do this anyway.

clovethee

I have used males for making a small amount of oil.
I decarb on a baking sheet for 20 mins at 220.
then crumble and cut into a pot with small amount of oil, and heat on low for 3 or more hours then strain it.
I can't give you exact amounts for batch potency etc etc etc takes a lot more than a female(10x) but it does work. i try to use the least amount of oil that seems feasible for the material. It might not be necessary to decarb first, but I have always done it this way.

St3ve

Yes it will work. You don't need trichs on the leaves or anything, I've made butter before from nothing but fans I picked off at week 2 of flowering. Works great, any of it.

I would also recommend decarbing it though since you really to want to get the very most out of that. I agree with clovethee's method of decarbing too, spot on IMO.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Males can definitely be worth it if you don't have a high tolerance. Every part of the plant contains THC, even with males.

My favorite recipe is for hot chocolate. Take a few grams (dose depends on tolerance and potency) of male leaves and simmer them in whole milk for 20 minutes. Strain and add either chocolate syrup or cocoa powder and sugar. It only takes me about 2 grams of leaves from a quality sativa male to get decently high. 4 or 5 grams can get me too high to leave the house.

Latest posts

Latest posts