What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

welcome to the general gardening forum

T

The Sensi Rebel

thinking about starting my own organic business with tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and maybe cabbage. starting small as a homemade stand, but any pointers? id love to grow to grow anything! any pointers on how to start-up for a seasonal stand?

caddis

Romaine patch.....

Attachments

• Cnv0265.jpg
    Cnv0265.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Cnv0266.jpg
    Cnv0266.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Cnv0267.jpg
    Cnv0267.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 98
Fellow plant lover here!
Just started my own thread to showcase my ever growing plant collection. Mostly tropical houseplants especially anything that grows in South Florida. I am up North and have to overwinter everything inside my house soooooo yeah, it's a little jungle-ly in here right now until it warms up some more outside...
Come on by and check my plant friends out!
:D

Right now i got lettuce, peas, carrots, bok choi, and zucs growing. Here is some of last seasons veggies.

Stonehedge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 96

kalipso

Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and eggplant

Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and eggplant

Hy guys, I started an outdoor garden with tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and eggplant.

I put in the ground some dehydrated manure and I'm only adjusting the water temperature and ph (20 °C and pH of 6/7).

I started with innests prepared to resist to pathogens.

The soil is extremely poor of nutrients, and I think that the manure will be out in something like a couple of months.

When and if the plants will show some signals of suffering, I will start with bio-nutrients.

The plants had a very good response (I helped them with some rhyzotonic) and I was able to start almost every plant (2 out of 5 eggplants suffered form cold and now are in a limbo between life and death....also my grandmother chose the best plants for her...what a silly granny, she doesen't khnow nothing abaout the dark arts and crafts of an indoor grower hahahaha)

Anyway,

Do you guys have some suggestions?

thaaaankz

Green Squall

This year I'll be growing two types of tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, 2 types sweet peppers, baby bok choy planted every few weeks and a small patch of potatoes. Keeping the garden small and simple this year.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After maybe 5 years of no tomatoes growing to maturity or almost none, this year I have around 30 that I think will make it. 4 Carbon tomato plants and one unknown. Already harvested 3 tomatoes of the Carbon, which are a Cherokee Purple cross and taste like a CK. Great taste. So happy to have garden tomatoes to eat after 5 or so years of nothing.

Have some Calendula seeds and have a few plants coming up. They were recommended to hide pot smell when growing. No idea. Have a Basil plant going. The lettuce is dying out. This all outdoors in socal. Have the pot plants indoors. Had one pot plant outdoors and it hermied so I pulled it.

The Flame grape plant is being attacked by western grapeleaf skeletonizer larvae. A yellow and black striped worm type bug that later turns into a moth. I use a bit of dish soap in water and spray the bugs with that. They die real quick from it. No poisons used in the garden.

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Already harvested 3 tomatoes of the Carbon, which are a Cherokee Purple cross and taste like a CK.

I grow cherokee purple- i like the taste - my tomatoes are all flowering. some have small fruits already... i'm about a month away from being overwhelmed with tomatoes - i have 15/20plants-

Have some Calendula seeds and have a few plants coming up. They were recommended to hide pot smell when growing. No idea.

i also have numerous calendula's growing... 1st time this year- what i have noticed is they have thin stalks n have to be prop'd up- i have started to prune them back severely, but it mite be too late - as to hide pot smell, mine, n i have 1/2 diff varieties, have no smell...zero...

chakras

After maybe 5 years of no tomatoes growing to maturity or almost none, this year I have around 30 that I think will make it. 4 Carbon tomato plants and one unknown. Already harvested 3 tomatoes of the Carbon, which are a Cherokee Purple cross and taste like a CK. Great taste. So happy to have garden tomatoes to eat after 5 or so years of nothing.

Have some Calendula seeds and have a few plants coming up. They were recommended to hide pot smell when growing. No idea. Have a Basil plant going. The lettuce is dying out. This all outdoors in socal. Have the pot plants indoors. Had one pot plant outdoors and it hermied so I pulled it.

The Flame grape plant is being attacked by western grapeleaf skeletonizer larvae. A yellow and black striped worm type bug that later turns into a moth. I use a bit of dish soap in water and spray the bugs with that. They die real quick from it. No poisons used in the garden.

That is great news. Pests can be a real PIA!

Latest posts

Latest posts