Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Cannabis/Marijuana and how it effects our sleep.

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Alchimia Grow Shop
Cannabis/Marijuana and how it effects our sleep. Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2017, 08:06 AM #31
HaHaHashish

HaHaHashish will become famous soon enoughHaHaHashish will become famous soon enough
Here's a tip I read about recently about how to fall to sleep easily and it works for me. Lay down in bed on your back and take long, slow deep inhales and exhales with a pause between each inhale and exhale (basically, it's yoga breathing). I don't know how or why this works, but I fall to sleep really fast after doing this. I guess the long slow breathing releases pent up tension and makes it easier to fall off to sleep.
HaHaHashish is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:35 AM #32
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
Interesting,
I dread not having smoke because without it I'm sat up awake until 3 or 4am. This wouldn't be a problem but I'm up around 6am naturally everyday. This leads to me being drained and it don't stop until I smoke again.

I have tried to quit smoking and it's very true that because of needing sleep I have failed and lit a joint to join the land of nod once again.

It's the one thing that stops me from giving up. I started smoking Cannabis to help with some mental health issues around 10 years ago and it worked great but has left me dependant on it to sleep.

I class myself as a heavy smoker. Me and the Mrs can Finnish 3g in the evening. I have to smoke my self stupid to be able to lay my head and sleep, otherwise I lay awake for hours thinking about not being able to sleep.

It's pretty horrible

Old 10-13-2017, 09:08 AM #33
HaHaHashish

HaHaHashish will become famous soon enoughHaHaHashish will become famous soon enough
I class myself as a heavy smoker. Me and the Mrs can Finnish 3g in the evening. I have to smoke my self stupid to be able to lay my head and sleep, otherwise I lay awake for hours thinking about not being able to sleep.

It's pretty horrible

Well, do something about it then. Change varieties, cut down your smoking by half and you'll get higher, change how things are now cos they definitely aint working for you.

For example you could do 10 push ups, 20 star jumps, 15 squats, get up and shadow box for 60 seconds etc before each puff, Turn off the screen and go for a walk at a good pace for 20 or 30 minutes after dinner each night. Get active, do something!

Old 10-13-2017, 09:14 AM #34
HaHaHashish

I just did 10 push ups, 20 star jumps, 15 squats and shadow boxed for 60 seconds and I now have to catch my breath before I roll a jay lol

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:11 PM #35
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post

It's pretty horrible

Well, do something about it then. Change varieties, cut down your smoking by half and you'll get higher, change how things are now cos they definitely aint working for you.

For example you could do 10 push ups, 20 star jumps, 15 squats, get up and shadow box for 60 seconds etc before each puff, Turn off the screen and go for a walk at a good pace for 20 or 30 minutes after dinner each night. Get active, do something!
Yeah that's great but it don't switch off the mind. I'm a commercial floor fitter I get plenty of exercise and often come home completely shattered and aching. I ain't doing no fricking star jumps lol.

It's all in my head , I know this.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:53 PM #36
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Up until yesterday I didn't have any 'erb/hash for a couple of weeks and found that although I got enough sleep, sleep would not come unless I was absolutely exhausted.

Yesterday a kind friend gave me a little bud which I toked on, and immediately I wanted to sleep, I had to sleep, even though it was in the middle of the day...lol I must have slept for 18 hours in all, it was like being knocked-out.

My tolerance was at zero, and that spliff felled me totally.

The variety was Grand-daddy-Purps x Chemdog.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 PM #37
Bjorn to farm.

Bjorn to farm. will become famous soon enoughBjorn to farm. will become famous soon enough
I’ve smoked weed since I was a 13 year old kid, occasionally at first and ramping up as I started growing my own for economic and quality’s sake.
I’m into fitness as well and usually sleep real good. 10-5 and often an hour nap after lunch. I’m over 50.
Bjorn to farm. is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2017, 10:37 PM #38
oldchuck

oldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to beholdoldchuck is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjygav View Post

It's pretty horrible
Drink.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2017, 06:38 AM #39
HaHaHashish

Drink is great for knocking yourself out, but damn, the older I get the harsher the hangovers are, so much so I only drink enough each day to catch a light buzz, about 3 cans of 5% beer. Sex is the best sleep inducer I know of, I always sleep well after doing the wild thang, the only problem is that I don't do it often enough.

ganjgav - if the body is relaxed and you can't get to sleep then you need to relax and quieten your mind....deep. slow breathing is one way. Either that or change strains to a zonk out indica or use the same bud you are smoking and turn it into edibles and eat some as soon as you get home from work and don't smoke.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:01 PM #40
Zeez

Zeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really niceZeez is just really nice
It's possible to get over tired to the point where it keeps you from sleeping. Buds are great for taking the edge off and drifting away. A night in the sleep lab confirmed moderate sleep apnea. After getting over the initial awkwardness, CPAP turned out to be a game changer.
Zeez is offline Quote