I posted some of these photos over in Robrites' awesome "Oregon grow" thread already, which most folks who read this are also a part of--sorry for some duplication. Torrential rains hit early Thursday morning; we put in an 18 hour day harvesting Wednesday to get all of our finished CBG clones in from the 3 farms where they spent their days. It took about 12k sq. ft. of warehouse space to hang whole plant / tops, but will be worth the effort in the end.
With that, we can almost
wrap up the 2017 harvest season. We still have thousands of plants in the field that we couldn't get to, so there will be one more gross harvest of all the moldy material (yup, there's a very good market for that stuff too), which will get piled up in "mold mountain" sometime next week and slow dried until the new year. At $50 a pound and 500k pound demand, it's still worth salvaging! What a weird world we live in....so cool that extraction technology has figured out how to make use of what used to be compost.
Our trim team is still working around the clock to fulfill international flower orders on our R&D crop, pallets of trim / leftover material are headed out to oil extractors, and the farm team is getting ready for a large increase in scale next year. I got to spend the day in our temporarily cleared out greenhouses, getting the parents to our 2018 crop settled into their new pots and PCR screened for the presence / absence of particular genes of interest. Two days after bringing in all our CBG clone mothers for harvest, a small percentage of her grandchildren are stretching their legs and beginning to flower under 24 hours of light...these are the special ladies we've been looking for--high oil content, pure autoflowering CBG plants. We've progressed so much in 3 years and know that year #4 will continue that trend in a positive way. So thankful to contribute a bit to the legacy of this plant.