What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that are instant Paranoia/Make you Paranoid/Anxiety?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I don't know what it was, but it scared the shit out of me. I was 18 and i quit smoking for 30 years because of it. Almost had a psychotic episode.
Lol

Now I'm a one hitter quitter. Sometimes two. But i did find an amazing Honduran a couple years ago that gets me really high and not stoned. Love it.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have never once got paranoid from cannabis. I Have smoked some that was slightly trippy.
I would like to try a known paranoia inducing sativa just to see what happens.

meizzwang

surprisingly, Lebanese. Even though it was really weak after smoking many hits of rosin, it had a very strong paranoid inducing effect.

skunk#1 from 2007-of course, there's so many versions of it so not all are the same, but the one i tried had a very bland high coupled with intense paranoia.

MintyMick

I have an Afghani that makes me paranoid. It’s from KC Brains and it’s called Afghani Special.
And if any of you wants to hate on KC...it’s a free forum. But just remember they have been cultivating/ breeding for longer than some of you have been alive and I happen to like the beans I have purchased from them and have never had any germination or herm issues with their gear. I also tend to think for myself when people are talking trash.

Back on topic - there are two phenotypes you get with this Afghani Special:
One is short indica leaning and takes about 8-9 weeks to finish.
The other is tall and has more sativa like leaves and takes about 10-11 werks to finish.

The sativa pheno makes me super paranoid. Which I love. I try to smoke it late at night in my backyard and then just wait to hear weird shit. Usually just ambient noise like people arguing in the distance, or the sound of a distant train. A few times I have heard coyotes howling their roll call which always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. After I get freaked out enough of the heebie jeebies I usually just go inside and either sleep/read/write/and make or listen to music.

I eagerly anticipate the paranoia this strain produces for me. It’s like watching that first horror movie as a kid that scared the shit out of you that can never be rewatched with the same effect. And while I’m peeking out my curtains late at night high and paranoid as fuck I also know it’s this particular strain that’s making it that way. So in a way, just like the horror movies, I always know it will be less intense after it is done. Unless I am somehow 7 years old again watching the Exorcist on late night cable while my Dad is passed out on a couch. Because that shit lasted years, lol.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
its more about set and settings than anything else. if you know your neighbor is agent. or cooperating with cops, dont smoke it in his presence :D it would be interesting to see, statistically, how much paranoia attacks after smoking decreased in legal states :D

SoaringHi

The only time I got so paranoid that I almost did something rash was after harvesting about a pound of Neville's haze. Trimmed it all up in a marathon session and went to enjoy some scissor hash around 2 a.m. After a few hits I was peeking out windows and pacing the floor wondering how long it would take to chop up and flush a pound of colas down the toilet...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Try Zamaldelica or Panama Haze from ACE, if you have moderate or low tolerance.

Panama Haze induced paranoia and disphoria on a mate that has high tolerance, I was surprised/delighted :laughing:

Green Squall

I have an Afghani that makes me paranoid. It’s from KC Brains and it’s called Afghani Special.
And if any of you wants to hate on KC...it’s a free forum. But just remember they have been cultivating/ breeding for longer than some of you have been alive and I happen to like the beans I have purchased from them and have never had any germination or herm issues with their gear. I also tend to think for myself when people are talking trash.

Back on topic - there are two phenotypes you get with this Afghani Special:
One is short indica leaning and takes about 8-9 weeks to finish.
The other is tall and has more sativa like leaves and takes about 10-11 werks to finish.

The sativa pheno makes me super paranoid. Which I love. I try to smoke it late at night in my backyard and then just wait to hear weird shit. Usually just ambient noise like people arguing in the distance, or the sound of a distant train. A few times I have heard coyotes howling their roll call which always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. After I get freaked out enough of the heebie jeebies I usually just go inside and either sleep/read/write/and make or listen to music.

I eagerly anticipate the paranoia this strain produces for me. It’s like watching that first horror movie as a kid that scared the shit out of you that can never be rewatched with the same effect. And while I’m peeking out my curtains late at night high and paranoid as fuck I also know it’s this particular strain that’s making it that way. So in a way, just like the horror movies, I always know it will be less intense after it is done. Unless I am somehow 7 years old again watching the Exorcist on late night cable while my Dad is passed out on a couch. Because that shit lasted years, lol.

I grew that one a while back. Must have had the short, indica leaning pheno.

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
its more about set and settings than anything else. if you know your neighbor is agent. or cooperating with cops, dont smoke it in his presence :D it would be interesting to see, statistically, how much paranoia attacks after smoking decreased in legal states :D

In 1975 I was living in the country with a long ass country lane way. After smoking half a joint a buddy gave me, i was keeping the stereo (remember that? ) way way down low so no one passing on the dirt road, about 500 feet away, would hear it. I sat close to the window with the lights off, ready to bolt, should a car slow down and go up my lane way. Motherfucker. What a trip. Too bad we used to throw the seeds away :(

Shivers and body quakes anyone?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
C99 maybe
It does depend on the genetics you're running. :)

I recently harvested some E99(ECSD x C-99). The seeds were handed to me by one of the members here early last year. (Tyvm!). Amazing diesels and pineapple scents/flavors.

The last remaining plant I ended up harvesting a bit early. It was mostly frosted trichomes, but I did not see any amber yet at all. Instead of waiting another week or two, I sacrificed some weight, length of effect and potency. Wow is it raaaaaaacy or what??!! Gives me the shakes, but it's not physically visible. lol I feel like I'm vibrating. :)

I don't get paranoia, or anxiety from cannabis but I can see this particular cut making life difficult for others. :) Wow.

meizzwang

I truly believe there are strains and individual clones that induce paranoia, it's not just the person using them or the enivornment they're in when ingesting cannabis. However, to make things more complicated, I don't doubt some people can get paranoid from strains that I construe to be happy and uplifting.

Interestingly, some of these parnoid inducing strains can be crossed with some mellow, happy strains and that paranoia goes away in the F1 generation.

I read somewhere a high THC to low everything else is the reason for paranoia induction, but I've had the same effects with very low potency weed, so there seems to be more to the story. Here's the strains that have consistently caused paranoia:
1) skunk#1-really crappy clone from a dispensary circa 2007
2) bubblegum-feminized version from the real deal clone, directly from Amsterdam, early 2000's. Incredible flavor and smoke, strong as heck, horrible high LOL
3) Lebanese-probably not true for the strain as a whole, but one individual I tried was so weak, you could barely tell if you were stoned. The paranoia though was crystal clear!
4) Ace's panama-incredible flavor, aroma, strength, and resin production, but man, super paranoia! Definitely didn't like the effects.

greenspiritz

Greenhouse Seeds - Superbud :noway:

That really didn't agree with me, or my other friends. Very heavy narcotic paranoid high, very uncomfortable. Although, it's a heavy yielder, short flower, perfect for SOG but very prone to budrot.

I've never used Greenhouse since, my go to seedbanks are mainly Dinafem or Blimburn at the moment. :cool:

Expanding my horizons and trying many new things at the moment.

The total opposite to this would be Dinafem - Critical 2.0, very energetic and horny weed, almost aphrodisiac! I love it and so does the wife :dancer:

Certainly my favorite strain at the moment

NEED 4 SEED

Hey there! I'm looking for some strains that make you extremely paranoid/anxious/anxiety/trippy only after a 3-6 tokes. Lol

I have to distinguish between paranoia and anxiety to begin with. Paranoia I have experienced only in my young days when my personality wasn't solidified like today. This kind of paranoia always came when we smoked and had fear someone from the normal world could tell that we were high from our looks, red eyes etc.

Anxiety is a wholly different thing to me. It is when my body has too much of a compound in the smoke and overreacts. Heartbeat goes up and up, dizzyness, nausea. You feel something is wrong with your body and your mind is circling around this question and cannot find the answer cause you're not a doctor so you get into panic and worsen the situation like in a feedback loop. Feels like a coming heart attack (or what you think it feels like). I have an emergency routine if its too heavy, I'm using a heat mat on my chest/abdomen. The warmth gets me down very reliably.
But the question was which strains triggered anxiety and here is my list:

Super Silver Haze (GH)
Bubblegum (Serious Seeds)
NYCD (Soma Seeds)
Cookie Wreck (Cannaventure)
C99 (Mosca)
Chimera Cookies
Lemon Skunk (DNA)
Cheese (Dinafem)
Silver Pearl (Sensi Seeds)
Chocolope (DNA)
Jack Herer (Coffeeshop)
Blueberry (Coffeshop and Dutch Passion)
Sin Mint Cookies (Sin City Seeds)
Amnesia (Hypro)

Me and a friend we agree the worst thing was Cookie Wreck. All phenos incredibly mouthwatering, they had the looks, the smell, the taste but the effect was pure horror, instant racing heart. I have bought another pack nevertheless. :biglaugh:

Some poorly grown indoor Malawi I did 7 years ago. The plants were in a bad soil mix and weren't in taking nutrients properly. The result was very dry and ugly buds that tasted like wood. The effect was just physically unconforting and made me feel jittery and anxious. There wasnt any kinda stimulating or euphoric effects, just pure uncomfortable anxiousness. I'm almost certain this was because the plant never got close to the reaching it's full potential.
It was actually my first indoor grow and I had originally planned on growing the strain outdoors but had to move at the last minute.

Dr.NO

Everything does it to me these days. Somewhere around 2006/2007 it became a common occurrence. That caused me to quit for a while. I wish it weren't so because I love the plant. I still partake here and there but it's uncomfortable.

There was one time I smoked some flower back then that made me extremely comfortable and social. I didn't know the strain. Haven't had a totally comfortable experience since. Perhaps I'd be better off with some old school 70's strains. Who knows.

HillBillyAlien

Everything does it to me these days. Somewhere around 2006/2007 it became a common occurrence. That caused me to quit for a while. I wish it weren't so because I love the plant. I still partake here and there but it's uncomfortable.

There was one time I smoked some flower back then that made me extremely comfortable and social. I didn't know the strain. Haven't had a totally comfortable experience since. Perhaps I'd be better off with some old school 70's strains. Who knows.

I know the feeling :/

I used to love being high like all the time but once all this hype name stuff start popping up in 09/10 etc thats when it started to make me feel uncomfortable and get bad panic attacks etc.. Sour D was the first name stuff to come where i'm from (im on the east coast) and it was nice but after that whatever was next was just ughh lmao made me dislike the effects from that point on and i hardly ever smoke anymore but i sure love growing and being around it :party:

Since all these CBD strains have popped up the past few years i have enjoy smoking again since it hardly has any THC or low THC and it feels nice..

doams

any and every strain could when you are stressed not feeling safe imho.
but skunk is the one for me.

coz its strong and it smells unmistakable if it smells outside=heavy paranoia coz then they know..

:D