What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amethyst

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amethyst is a cross of Blackberry Kush x Sour Strawberry. Bred by The Farm out of Boulder, Colorado. I picked the seeds up at their dispensary. I’m growing her all organic in smart pots with Happy frog Soil, fox farm organic nutrient line, azos, mykos, and earth juice hi-brix

(Note. This is not th amethyst from Zion botanicals which is sage and sour x gdp)

Mother Nature smiled on me again this grow. I popped 3 seeds to try her out and got three females. The seeds were not feminized. (Side note: I love growing from seed the most. I might only grow from seed from now on for my personal stash.) One pheno smells very sweet and fruity, like strawberry gummies. The bud structure really takes after the sour strawberry side of her. The second pheno is super floral and kushy smelling. It is almost straight Afghani, which makes sense to me because I think the Kush half of BlackBerry Kush is Afghani. It reminds me a bit of bubba kush. This one is the frostiest of the three and has the strongest terps. It’s the winner so far. The third pheno is finishing the fastest but has a weak terpene profile. It’s frosty and will yield well, but the other two phenos are much better.

This strain, like Blackberry Kush, has been easy to grow. All three of these girls don’t eat heavily. The sour strawberry leaning pheno eats the most nutrients out of the three. They also really don’t like getting too dry. They get fussy if I let them get as dry as most of the other strains I’ve grown.

I’m really enjoying growing these girls. These pictures are at about 8 weeks. Close to finished. I’m going to flush another week or so.

Kushy pheno.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Strawberry pheno

More to come as they get closer to finish. I will also do a smoke report when they’re all ready to smoke.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, here is a couple shots right before harvest.

Heavily Kush leaning pheno

Sour strawberry leaning pheno.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think my favorite pheno is the sour strawberry leaning pheno. BOG bred the sour strawberry and I like every strain he’s ever made. BOG is a true master, and one of my favorite breeders of all time. If you’ve never grown BOG genetics, you really should get some seeds from him.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve only met him once. Very briefly at a cannabis cup. I bought an eight of some bog bubble from him at his booth. He is a nice guy, and his bud was fantastic.