What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is SOG worth doing for just 2 plants?

Arian209

So I am only growing 2 plants right now, one is a auto blueberry and the other is Cinderella 99. Would it be worth it to do a SOG method, since it is only 2 plants?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This might be due to the fact that the meaning of SOG has "evolved" since its introduction, but I'm not sure why you would even want to do a SOG with only 2 plants? SOG used to mean 4 plants per square foot, from clones, flowered right away after rooting. Also, it implied removing any lower growth from each clone so that only the top cola was grown. I don't grow autos, but I always thought you would want to avoid any pruning on auto plants since you can't make up for it in extended veg time? I don't know.