What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal cannabis is safer because it is tested, right? Maybe not!

shaggyballs

Veteran
In Colorado, the pesticide industry of cannabis hides behind very evocative names of well-being and ethics: Mahatma, Organic Greens, Green Solution, Green Cross, Zuni Well-Being, Gaïa's Gardens, etc.
The Gobi Analytical lab that did the analysis, for the Denver Post, declared that, since April 2015, out of more than 1,000 cannabis samples tested (flower heads, concentrates, food products, etc.), only about 10% were free of pesticides - ie free from illegal and legal pesticides.

In June 2015, the Cannabis Safety Institute published the results of analyzes performed by the Oregon Growers Analytical Laboratory in Eugene, Oregon.
The results of these analyzes are simply catastrophic: almost half of Cannabis products - in all forms - sold in the 300 or so dispensaries in Oregon are pesticide.
Laboratory director Rodger Voelker says the situation could be even worse as Oregon Growers Analytical analyzed only for the presence of 69 pesticides - the most commonly used (according to cannabis producers and pesticide suppliers). cannabis industry).

From October to December 2014, Oregon Growers Analytical analyzed 389 samples of flower heads of cannabis and 154 samples of concentrates / cannabis extracts.

14% of the top cannabis plants and 46% of cannabis concentrates / extracts exceeded the levels allowed by the EPA, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Ministry of Environment in the US whose mission, should it be specified , is not to protect consumers but the interests of the Pharma-agro-chemical Mafia.

If we look at the level of positive testing according to the norms of the Oregon legislation - namely 0.1 ppm - the situation is explosive.
In fact, the average contamination for the majority of pesticides was between 1000 and 5000 ppm with 12% of the samples above
10 000 ppm and 2% of the samples above 100 000 ppm.
Samples exceeding these limits reached thresholds of 64 000 ppm for flowering tops (with imidacloprid) and about 400,000 ppm, and more, for cannabis extracts with Myclobutanil, PBO and Carbaryl.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Anyone know if adding terpenes to weed and than selling that weed is legal?
In other words is that currently being tested for?

thailer

long story short, i worked on a farm that is the one of the top producers for washington and i know they're spraying miticides. i can't prove it but they said they were gonna shut down for a 45 day re-entry period if we couldn't get rid of the russets but then a week later the IPM manager came in who is a family member on a sunday and did a spray himself and another a few days later but he labeled it as a sulfur spray but the plants obviously weren't sprayed with sulfur. i started asking questions when my arms were red and itching after working in the garden monday morning and again with the other mystery spray. next thing i know i am moved to rolling joints and slapping stickers from my growers position. their products are sold as a bunch of different brands and since they're in the top 2 you can imagine how many people are smoking this.

troutman

Seed Whore
The problem I see with legal weed is the people doing it are in it mostly for the $$$ and use chemicals
to control problems. A home grower won't try to grow as many plants on the same surface area and
care more about their medicine.

Drewsif

Move to Washington, no pesticide testing required there on Cannabis. #Eagle20

Doesn't Washington have a "no spray flower" clause with SB5052? There's no test for when bud was sprayed and lying is this industries obvious strength. They say no spray, you can eaaily smell it, who's gonna pay for that trial? Whoa gonna train a jury to distinguish armpit weed from crap sprayed with garlic onion water? Who's gonna fly in the experts to testify?

The legal pot industry is a wild west pseudo research industry. A live trial for America's news cigarette: How bullshit can the pot be and someone still buy it. Early investors are rotting their brains and setting the bar even lower. Its rotting out every part of their brains but their vision obviously, because Cannabis is judged by looks in these markets! "Smells like neem and acorns but damn it looks pretty, AAAA++++"

shaggyballs

Veteran
Marijuana Regulatory Agency Suspends Iron Laboratories' Medical Marijuana Facility License

Michigan regulators suspended the license of a medical cannabis testing facility after determining that the health and safety of patrons or employees were jeopardized.

The Marijuana Regulatory Agency released a complaint alleging bulletin detailing the suspension of Iron Laboratories.

The complaint alleges several violations regarding the company’s facility in Walled Lake, where Michigan-based Iron Laboratories tests for pesticides, microbials and THC content.
The agency said it discovered inaccurate results and/or unreliable testing and reporting practices by the lab.

Though no adverse product reactions have been reported in relation to the lab, regulators advised patients and caregivers to use caution when using products tested by Iron Laboratories.

The agency, however, isn’t recalling any cannabis products at this time.

So they know the cannabis has poison on/in it.
But folks in Michigan will still be buying poison weed.

This is why it is sooo important to be allowed to grow your own.

shaggyballs

Veteran
So they did recall some of the poison.

But that changed on Friday, when the Marijuana Regulatory Agency announced that it is recalling four medical marijuana products as a result of the investigation into Iron Laboratories. The agency provided the production batch numbers for each product, as well as the pharmacies and dispensaries across the state where they have been sold. The recalled products have been sold in a little more than a dozen cities throughout Michigan.