What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kosher Royale

mexweed

Veteran
running some aficionados of cannabis colorado beans for the first time, their kosher royale...kosher kushXsuper purple grapefruit, described as very chemmy with hints of the classic citrus ringing through

4/4 on the seedlings, they were dropped into some tap water ph to ~6 with vitamin c powder, sunk within 24 hours and popped within 24 hours after that

placed into root riots that were soaked in 1/3 strength medusa's magic, once the tap roots poked through they were planted in starter pots with buffaloam loam grown soil and a tbsp of worm castings mixed in

one is stretchy a bit more vigorous, two are basically equal, and one was a bit slower

Y98LtPMr.jpg

MDQdaFgr.jpg

rXYDQJVr.jpg

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
the seedlings are going really slow, there was some heat stress early on, and I thought I had burned them with the worm castings, but now it's almost as if the soil is depleted or something, I guess it had been sitting for a while, last feeding I gave some dirt md and 1/3 strength medusa's magic they looked good after initial soaking waiting to see how they look after the dark period, I suppose it could just be dampening off or the soil could have picked up some weird bacteria or something because there was a litter box in the pantry closet where the soil was being stored

mexweed

Veteran
looks like they're all going to make it, they have been getting 1/3 strength medusa's magic, once with some dirt md, once with some loose tea, and most recently with some aerated worm castings

I added a couple clones with a fresh bag of soil, 2 commerce city kush and 2 krishna, I spotted some thrips on a couple of the leafs, which the only other time I've had thrips was on clones from the same place, they and the seedlings got sprayed with the monterey spinosad

HBb9Xk2.jpg

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
recently mixed 2 tsp bio live into top layer of soil and gave plain water, plan is to do aerated worm castings next watering then probably transplant the clones

mexweed

Veteran
well this has been a rough run, something happened during the seedling stage I think there wasn't enough nutrient availability or maybe a virus

the biggest and best looking kosher royale is probably a male, which is fine because I want to cross it to the tangerine jilly bean I'm going to run next

two are real scraggly and I might pull them, unless the slightly better looking one is female, and then there is a smaller one that is doing better than the scraggly two

I removed the two krishna kush because they didn't bounce back from topping and lollypopping

the two commerce city kush turned out to be the best performing of the bunch

P

pongster

well this has been a rough run, something happened during the seedling stage I think there wasn't enough nutrient availability or maybe a virus

the biggest and best looking kosher royale is probably a male, which is fine because I want to cross it to the tangerine jilly bean I'm going to run next

two are real scraggly and I might pull them, unless the slightly better looking one is female, and then there is a smaller one that is doing better than the scraggly two

I removed the two krishna kush because they didn't bounce back from topping and lollypopping

the two commerce city kush turned out to be the best performing of the bunch

hello bro, hope you are well,
sorry to not see more replies here, but here's my two cents:

what i see is that there was just too much for the seedlings. I won't argue with your sprouting method, but vitamin c is not really needed.
Also, i could see at the beginning, when they were small and still in the "root riot", they were somehow healthy (led light does not help), but when they broke into that soilmix, they just got burned;

afterwards more fertilizers, and more stuff, is just too much.

mother nature sends her seeds to the world with a safety package for the early days, cotyledons. the seedling only needs water, structure and light. nothing else. so, for future keep that in mind!

i don't think is virus or anything, just too much fertilizers and added stuff. the clones on the right show same symptoms, and if you could take pictures on sunlight it would be good for future references.

what i would do? buy cheap seeds from a reputable bank, start them with just water, see how it goes. you already have all the equipment and installations running, so why wait?

Thanks for your posts and hopefully you will have a succesfull run next time, which i hope will start today.
:tiphat:

mexweed

Veteran
something was up with the older soil either depleted or picked up something weird, they visibly reacted when I gave the fulvic/humic, when I gave the medusa, and when I added the bio live to the top layer of soil, they were capable of nutrient uptake but what was needed wasn't in the soil and it stunted the seedlings since I gave just plain water for close to the first month from sprout, the 'burning' was from heat stress

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Subbed :) Kosher is imo one of the most underrated strains... see her way to less in gardens

mexweed

Veteran
yeah I'll probably keep whichever ones show female even though they aren't going to yield much, I guess it's good the one that pulled through the best is a male since I want to use it, has a really good smell from the stems piney with a sweet citrus zest, I'll take a pic tonight when the lights come on

mexweed

Veteran
here's the one I kept already collected pollen, and the commerce city kushes going strong

PBanj8P.jpg

VWH4Epa.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts