What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Keith Flint (Prodigy)

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
The Prodigy star Keith Flint has been found dead at his home, aged 49.

The iconic singer, from Dunmow, Essex, was discovered at around 8am this morning after police and paramedics were called to the property.

Officers remain outside the rural cottage this morning but his death is not being treated as suspicious.

Famed for his devil-horns haircut and intense stage performances - the iconic 90s musician was performing just last month in New Zealand on a world tour set to run until May.

The Essex boy was the face of the rave band and took centre stage on their best-known hit Firestarter, the single which launched him as an icon.

His Prodigy bandmates described him as a "true pioneer, innovator and legend”.

In a statement, they said: "It is with deepest shock and sadness that we can confirm the death of our brother and best friend Keith Flint.

"A true pioneer, innovator and legend. He will be forever missed.

"We thank you for respecting the privacy of all concerned at this time."

Very sad. Rest in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV78vobCyIo

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh dear - I remember taking ecstasy back in the 90's - and dancing like a loon to this guys music - looks like he took his own life - sad really sad - RIP

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
RIP to the most unique front man of all time

KeithFlintRIP_b4b62e6b8feb204f329c1700ab8c6c4a.jpg

mack 10

Veteran
Me too Gyp, me too.

Rip to the rave mosh pit master.
one of the best sets ever
was Prodigy @Reading festival..
when the tune dropped,
oh my god!!

everyone get those whistles out for
one last blast.

Sad news. 49years is nothing.

R.I.P

I love Firestarter, and Vodoo People.
Time to start listen to them again in memory of Keith
And light up the Bong

jayd

absolute shocked. depression the silent killer. i saw prodigy live at knebworth oasis concert in 96. prodigy and keith had so much energy and really got the crowd fired up. sadly missed

burmese

we thank you Keith for the most energy and trippy music with constant best quality through
25-30 years.

F

Frylock

I knew a guy that used to do a LOT of LSD in the 90's.... he said he was laying on the floor next to some candles and accidentally knocked one (some?) over but was so out of it he didn't know if he was dreaming or not until the flames engulfed a wall and eventually the whole house.
He freaked out and just ran away without waiting for emergency services to come.... and went back to see if any of his possesions survived a week or so later.... the only CD that survived was Prodigy- Firestarter. :biglaugh:

RIP Keith