What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the best vaporizer now days??

Hubbleman

Veteran
Used to be volcano all the way.

Now you got "mighty" , "crafty" and "plenty".

Are these any good or should I stick with volcano as the best medical vaping?

Hubbleman

Veteran
Heres a review from amazon

I have used the plenty every day for 10 weeks, it is one of the best products I have ever purchased, it gets me as high as the pipe did, but without coughing and spitting and all the other disgusting side effects of smoking.
In short, this is the healthiest way I know to experience a cannabis high, it works very well, and the second and third tokes are amazingly satisfying, even more so than a bong. If Hotel is Trivago, then Vaping is Plenty

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the quarts bowl sitting on my bong but it's wasteful because I always take a bigger hit than my lungs can effectively hang onto. I rarely cough... only when I take way to big of a hit or when the bowl is too hot.

My brother recently picked up a SMOK MAG vape set and a YO CAN quad coil top to put pure oils into and it works pretty well. It's way less wasteful as I'm not exhaling big ol vape clouds but I'm still getting a good hit. Something of this nature may be good for you due to it's portability and ease of use. They're also fairly common and not a specialty item for pot smokers so not as hugely overpriced (though they still are overpriced, imo).

My only gripe with the SMOK device is that the hits are not as clean as bong hits. The bong filters some of the plant waxes which create a bit of harshness. (my oil is not dewaxed)

Drewsif

Get a Cloud Evo and an air pump. Then take your volcano to the pawn shop.

"have you vaped before? “
"yeah, a Volcanoe"
"oh, so that's why you don't vape"

sshz

420giveaway
Quite honestly, I've had my Volcano for nearly 15 years and it works as well today as the day I bought it. Other than not being portable, it IS the Cadillac of vapes.

Carraxe

Veteran
Stick to your volcano. I owe a Plenty and the flavor gets shitty after a couple drags, and its got a very big chamber, so you need to smoke for a while to make the most of it. Also the design has big failures, for example you can't easily see the light and the temperature indicator when you are using it. Not easy to use, nor intuitive. I put my Plenty is in its box after a couple of months of use.

I went back to the Volcano.

Cheers

LostTribe

Premium user
uhhhhh you old packers need to move on with the times.

co2 vape carts or box mod with an atmos kiln or similar.

Fo Real you guys are still rocking vapir1's and volcanos? Thats so analog in the digital era.

LT

G

I still have my Sublimator kicking around. Don't use it much as its a hassle to wait for the warm up as well as the 1 hour auto shut-off that invariably gets forgotten about and then you have to warm the whole thing back up again.
I too am looking for something more modern and don't want to fall back on a decent Da Buddha set-up, when the future is in the other direction...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
"other direction?"
There is only marketing and ... money!
Sell the samey same for more $$$.

Unlike lighting, that can boast mobetta light for less operating money and better spectrum... High is high no matta the intake device.. personally I like SSV.. volcano (used twice) sits.
Recently tried MMJ oil, 1cbd/9THC.. not bad.

G

GatorGumbo

I like my Firefly II for flavour. Nothing else I've tried comes close. Super easy to clean, temp and other configurations are done through Bluetooth, fire buttons are touch sensitive, and preheat cycle is wicked fast while being genuinely isolated from the vape substance. It can do concentrates with these little porous puck inserts, but it's not remarkably better than any other vape when used that way. It really shines with lightly broken up buds.

The downside of it is that the pull is pretty stiff and the battery only really goes for about three full bowls. It's also expensive.

Biggest use I get out of it is from sampling harvests and filling out smoke reports. When I want to get ripped I roll a salad joint or wish I had a Volcano but I'm glad I have the FF2 as a grower.

Check out fasttech for cheap e-cig based vapes. And for your own safety, take some time to learn about the risks of using lithium ion batteries before useing. Only use 18650 batteries from respected manufacturers- LG HG2 And Samsung 25R for example.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Check out fasttech for cheap e-cig based vapes. And for your own safety, take some time to learn about the risks of using lithium ion batteries before useing. Only use 18650 batteries from respected manufacturers- LG HG2 And Samsung 25R for example.
Coming from the e-cig world, Fasttech is no where on my list of desired/quality purveyors!

velorex

Coming from the e-cig world, Fasttech is no where on my list of desired/quality purveyors!

one good thing with fasttech, if it says authentic, it actually is the real thing. fakes are named as ..... styled. good prices too. but shit selection for vapes. dhgate has better selection, but makes it impossible to know if it's the real deal or not.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
one good thing with fasttech, if it says authentic, it actually is the real thing. fakes are named as ..... styled. good prices too. but shit selection for vapes. dhgate has better selection, but makes it impossible to know if it's the real deal or not.
Don't eat that Elmer!
Fasttech was the dumping ground for 2nds. It's been 5yrs since I quit the ecig business, but... they were what they were in the day. Just try returning something. It cost more than the object. Still want top use them?

velorex

never returned anything. that time something was broken, i got a refund. so, yes i'll go on using them if you don't mind. it's just cheap crap anyway. if i want something i need varranty for, i get it from an actual shop.

anon710

Nothing beats the volcano for me. Expensive but mine has lasted forever (10 years plus) and they are pretty efficient.