What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing high CBD strains.

R

Rab.C

great looking plant. i like the sound of CBD Critical Cure.think i will run it CHEERS

GoatCheese

Veteran
great looking plant. i like the sound of CBD Critical Cure.think i will run it CHEERS
If you find the right pheno it's f-ing brilliant. There seems to be some pheno variation in this line too, so buy atleast 10 seeds if you can. Some plants seem to be more indica some abit more "tall and lanky". You can find it for about 30-35 euros per 5 pack in European shops, so the seeds aren't super expensive.

But you can get lucky and find a nice plant from a single 5 pack as i did. And i still have the other 4 seeds in the fridge waiting their turn!:biggrin:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've grown tigerbeat- supposed to be 17% CBD and 17% THC. I don't really like the taste. Some grows it's okay, probably haven't dialed in yet.
I have bought high Cbd low THC buds in headshops and online. Some taste great! Others so-so, a few gross. Just like high THC strains.
It's ALL just cannabis. No difference except cannabinoid content.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
not sure about smell while growing, but a friend that has tried the hemp cigarettes on the market now tells me that the taste & aroma as you smoke them is identical to good weed.

update - i've been smoking some high cbd stuff fr a few weeks now. it smells similar in the jar, but the taste is nowhere near as strong; neither is aroma after smoking in the house which pleases my wife :biggrin: . BUT... the arthritis pain in my shoulders/hips/knees plus neuropathic pain in my feet has subsided greatly, and i'm sleeping much better lately. :woohoo: going to start mixing it with some good weed & get benefits of each for a change...:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Is there any posibility to get 30% THC buds?
I'm sure there is, but it will have almost zero THC or other terpenes. Same for 30% THC strains, they have ridiculously low CBD and other terpenes. It would be good for CBD extraction, but not very useful to smoke by itself. ;)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Med Tree Seeds Suzy Q Bx2 18 days

Suzy Q is a 59:1 ~ 15% CBD : .25 THC clone - this seed line is roughly 42:1.

Med Tree does have a line that has produced 22+% CBD with below .3 thc. Richness F2 I think it was.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Douglas.Curtis

The cut of Canna-Tsu I have/had (waiting on a re-veg) is supposedly 20%+ CBD and about 8-9% THC, and I believe it. Compared to the other strains I've grown all these years, it has very low odor and flavor. A faint orange citrus which develops some cherry flavor during the cure.

At some point here I'll be testing 3 males for CBD content. My new digi scale arrived, to replace the one I spilled a little sodium hydroxide into. lol

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've talked about early leaf testing in veg and if I remember correctly, it's not as definitive and you'd want it to be. I guess the ratios stay some what intact, but it's zero indication of potential peak potency. So a seedling that tests with higher amounts while young doesn't necessarily mean it will be the most potent once mature.

I still need to run your CBD tests Douglas, as a basic parameter of some sort at the very least. I've not grown enough CBD to know which is a keeper and which isn't.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Med Tree - Suzy Q Bx2 @ 6wks. Massive flowers for only being under a 315w.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Douglas.Curtis

Gorgeous :)

I missed the last post you put up in here, thanks for bringing it up. Going to bring it up in the CBD thread now, since I suddenly have a lot of questions. :) lol

Now that's a cola! Well done sir. I just purchased some high alpine genetics mandarin pie seeds. Supposed to be a 40:1 line under .3% thc. I'll have mine lab tested for verification. If it's legit I'll post lab test results here. Fyi the seeds were found on Neptune, but you can also buy direct from the breeder as well.

Breadwizard

I've got a high cbd clone going from Dark Heart Nursery called "guava jelly cbd" which is supposed to be a worked Afghan landrace bred in Kauai with a CBD:THC ratio of 2:1. It's still in early flowering, but the smell in veg just reeks of guava if you brush up against it in the grow room, hoping it translates to flower.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2:1 THC:CBD, as I understand it, is the ideal. They have synergistic properties and CBD is not nearly as efficient without THC present. Again, my understanding of "most beneficial intake".

In my own mind, finding a great CBD dominant male is an excellent pursuit so I can infuse all my favorites with it. It creates a different criteria for selection. In all fairness, Med Tree Seeds, worked MORE TOWARDS that 2:1 type plant. The .3% THC content was only a consideration after laws were put in place. Even now, I don't think it would be fair to consider them a company which is focused on low THC content. I think what they produce is more accurately viewed as adaptive, legitimate, MEDICAL cannabis. That means a prominent presence of both THC and CBD.

I don't want my own pursuit of a < .3% THC to confuse or cloud others opinion. I chose Med Tree because I trust the breeder, not because it was necessarily the easiest path.

dank.Frank

Akss

Picked up a 3 pack of harlequin fems. Who know i might get lucky lol if anyones run anything from them let me know how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_170818418.jpg
    IMG_20190404_170818418.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20190404_171333270_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190404_171333270_HDR.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 44

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I'm sure there is, but it will have almost zero THC or other terpenes. Same for 30% THC strains, they have ridiculously low CBD and other terpenes. It would be good for CBD extraction, but not very useful to smoke by itself. ;)

GG4 is 30% THC and no CBD.

calisun

Picked up a 3 pack of harlequin fems. Who know i might get lucky lol if anyones run anything from them let me know how it turned out.

I have the harlequin clone. It tested out at 13.93 cbd and 6.58% thc.
Strong plant with good structure and nice flowers.
It's a good one to have.
It's hard to say if your seeds came from the same harlequin as my clone. They will probable be close one way or the other. Good luck

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even if from the same clone, to suggest they will be close or similar is NOT an accurate statement.

Feminized seeds have just as much variation in them as standard seeds. The only difference is the variation seen is only coming from one source, the female. It gives you insight into how stable or refined a given female is.

To the best of my knowledge, the Harlequin is still just an F1 line, not something that has been refined or worked for successive generations to bottleneck certain traits.

I wouldn't assume any degree of stability or similarity by default.

dank.Frank

calisun

Even if from the same clone, to suggest they will be close or similar is NOT an accurate statement.

Feminized seeds have just as much variation in them as standard seeds. The only difference is the variation seen is only coming from one source, the female. It gives you insight into how stable or refined a given female is.

To the best of my knowledge, the Harlequin is still just an F1 line, not something that has been refined or worked for successive generations to bottleneck certain traits.

I wouldn't assume any degree of stability or similarity by default.

dank.Frank

From what I have seen. When working with stable genetics and making fem seeds properly the seeds will be similar to the parent. Yes there is some variation. Similar is not the same as exact.
I've seen feminized seeds that were mutants,duds and with crazy variation too. I'm not disputing that. But a good breeder with stable genetics can and will produce seeds similar to the parent.
My hq cut is a stable one. There are plenty of people working with harlequin.
Anyway good luck AKSS. The results of your seeds depends on the work the breeder did and a little luck with the expression of phenotype