What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I don't think edibles are compatible with my body

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
You are my twin (cannabis wise, anyway LOL).

My dose is about 1000mg so I know where you are coming from.

The simple answer is that your tolerance is simply too high. However, what you said about having high tolerance to other drugs is exactly my life as well. I always took 4 hits of acid while everyone else did a half hit. I could easily kill a fifth of booze in my drinking days. Everyone else was trashed on a few shots.

Bioavailability

Your body simply does not process like other people's. A few things you can do.... make sure you take your edibles on a full stomach (take with food). Fatty foods if possible.

If you make your own edibles, make sure you use plenty of lecithin and maybe some myrcene. Both help with bioavailability.

Try sublingual instead of swallowing the edibles. Cannabis will enter your bloodstream a lot quicker and better through the blood vessels under your tongue than through your stomach.

Good luck. High tolerance is a pain in the ass but other than quitting for a while, increasing dose and bioavailability is about all you can do.

Enjoy

Ringo, you just reminded me of something.

I don't really drink that much. Don't really like it. Maybe once or twice a year, if that.
But, I have never had to drink alot to get a buzz. I can take massive amounts of drugs. 8-12 drops acid, fifteen 10 mg. Methadones, 20 Percocets, 100 mcg. Fentanyl patches, whatever - it is I took alot.
But alcohol- one mixed drink or a beer and I'm tipsy.
So I guess my body has no problem with alcohol, unlike other substances.
So.... I wonder if this is because alcohol is just different, or if it's because it's a liquid. (Like the slushie)

Have you ever tried shilajit?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
How much do you smoke/vape/whatever?

It might simply be a tolerance thing (or a combination of tolerance and bioavailability).

I was smoking about 3 ounces a week+. Now that I am about 80 to 90% vaping I have cut that in half. However, I have increased my rosin consumption 2 or 3 fold. Suffice to say, if I am awake, I pretty much have cannabis in my mouth in some form.

With that said, certainly part of my problem is tolerance but, again, bioavailability is definitely an issue with me.

EDIT: And, yes. There is water soluable forms of cannabis out there. I have read about a number of companies that are doing it.

I smoke alot less than I used to. I stopped smoking before and during work. Usually don't smoke till around 3 - 5pm, unless I get off work early. And I got to bed kinda early.
Maybe 4-10 bong hits, and maybe a dab or three if I have any wax laying around.

I used to pull on my Yocan wax vape all day at work. I've really slowed down. My cannabis addiction has shifted from consuming, to growing and learning.

Don't get me wrong, I still have to have it, just not so much.

Gry

You asked about the slushies , no idea what route they
use, but there is a good deal of potential in the following,
which was left us by badkittysmiles;
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
I enjoy it in both tea, and lemonade.

Incredibly effective for
those with chronic pain issues.

Sign

This is something I don't ever see mentioned anywhere, but the next time you defoliate or harvest or whatever gets you fan leaves chop them up, add to a pot with a small amount of boiling water (just a mm on the bottom so it starts steaming) put your chopped fan leaves in and sauté them for a bit on high heat. Once the water is mostly evaporated add some butter and salt or whatever strikes your fancy and drop the heat to medium for a couple minutes. Eat like spinach. It messes me up, nothing but fan leaves. Let me know how you like it if you try it:)

Sign

Oh and about the delay of onset I think it has to do with your bmi and metabolism. So if you have a few extra pounds hanging out on you it'll be slower for the effects to come on. But if you use a carrier oil that is metabolized quicker like MCT or to a lesser extent coconut oil the goodness rides on that oil so will work faster.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I recently heard a podcast talking about your digestive tract being covered in a mucous membrane and that on some people the membrane is thicker, and causes less nutrients to be absorbed by their stomach.

I wonder if this could be related to my problem?