What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Romulan vs American Romulan

RomulanJake

150 for a 10 pack, worth it?

All packs are 10+.. and what this usually means is you get between 15-20 beans. Ive set the pricing so that almost every time, you're paying $10 per bean at the most. ;)

Reports from those growing the seeds already are showing 100% germ rates, and very healthy plants. I think they are worth it, but if you're on the fence, I would say wait about 2 months until September when we release feminized seeds of our special clone cut. That will be 100% worth it, no matter who you are and what your tastes are. Everyone that has grown our clone cut has raved about how amazing the plant and the smoke are. Personally that plant makes my favorite herb, and when you test as many strains on a regular basis as I do (I do consultation and genetics testing for many breeders and large scale growers), its no small feat to have one strain that always stands out above the rest. Of course I am biased, but I am being honest when I say if there was only one strain that I had to choose for the rest of my life.. its this one, and in particular this single plant.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Money orders are the biggest hang up (imo anyways) for ordering from you, hopefully you have a good way to supply someone else who can accept different payments.

RomulanJake

Money orders are the biggest hang up (imo anyways) for ordering from you, hopefully you have a good way to supply someone else who can accept different payments.

Im sorry that that is a hang up for you, but I get it. I personally have used, in the past, many seed banks that would only accept cash. Or only money orders. Not very many seem to accept other forms of payment. I only had an issue with one of them, in using dozens.. but that was a seizure at customs. ;)

However, we do accept paypal now along with cash, and money orders. Most of our customers have paid in cash. They are all sent a tracking number as soon as their package is dropped off with the USPS for priority delivery, so they know exactly where their order is at all times.

The reason I do not accept credit cards as of right now, is only because that is a whole other issue. It is a planned thing down the road, when we get this whole ball rolling better.

We also will have several other seed banks that will carry our seeds eventually, it just takes time to get all of the deals inked out and things shipped off. We have more than enough stock, and the parent plants will be kept alive and around for successive rounds of seed making over the next few years.

Last edited:

RomulanJake

Fem'd seeds almost ready.. :woohoo:

picture.php

MedFaced

:clock watch:

Tell the ladies to hurry up! Some of us non-breeders want to take that trip down memory lane...maybe even create some new ones. I do suppose that anticipation is part of the fun. But yea, hurry up girls, grow faster.

RomulanJake

:clock watch:

Tell the ladies to hurry up! Some of us non-breeders want to take that trip down memory lane...maybe even create some new ones. I do suppose that anticipation is part of the fun. But yea, hurry up girls, grow faster.

:laughing: :biggrin:

They are done actually.. but logistics and stuff makes it so I wont be ready to properly release them until next week. Official release date is 9/11/19 on our site, but we are planning open sales up before that for the feminized seeds.

MedFaced

Great news! Released right after my birthday...cough cough cough. It’s dusty in here.

But really, very excited. A few years ago I was diagnosed with children so no more trips up north...for now. So excited you guys are going to make your goods more widely available.

I’ll be looking for your posts.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diagnosed with children.

Nice. Nice.

Not the extra lead weight to keep ya back, just the wording.

purpleplayer007

Romulan is an old strain. I remember an article in ht in the nineties how it was clone only in Vancouver. A whole article with pictures.. in the mid 2000's it was around the bay a lot. the taste is one of a kind unique

Thesearch

My personal experience with Romulan on Vancouver island was always the fruity pheno. Blueberry with more of a piney tropical fruit flavour, like tutti frutti or hawaiian. I've heard a version of the story where hawaiian was crossed into it but otherwise a similar story. Strange that all the Romulan I have tried in BC, including Romulan crosses, were all fruity tasting. They tend to have indica relaxation with a psychedelic head high, great for stimulating thought. One of my personal favourites for quality of high. Is this similar to the effects of the piney Romulan? It seems strange that we would be getting the "american" version here. Never seen it in Ontario until a few years ago too. Always the fruity version.

Last edited:

CodyPomeray

I guess I was late to the scene, and got the "american" cut of it. Very little pine terps on the cut of rom I ran, made me actually not like it as it was just as you say, so diverse it was hard to nail down what it actually was. Thought it would be a nightmare to breed with that so left it be.

Very interested in this.

RomulanJake

My personal experience with Romulan on Vancouver island waa always the fruity pheno. Blueberry with more of a piney tropical fruit flavour, like tutti frutti or hawaiian. I've heard a version of the story where hawaiian was crossed into it but otherwise a similar story. Strange that all the Romulan I have tried in BC, including Romulan crosses, were all fruity tasting. They tend to have indica relaxation with a psychedelic head high, great for stimulating thought. One of my personal favourites for quality of high. Is this similar to the effects of the piney Romulan? It seems strange that we would be getting the "american" version here. Never seen it in Ontario until a few years ago too. Always the fruity version.

Read this: https://romulan-genetics.weebly.com/roms-history.html

And this: https://romulan-genetics.weebly.com/about-rg.html

RomulanJake

Looks dank man . I see that regular
beans are listed . What male was used ??

Old seed stock was hunted through, and a stud male was selected along with a female that differed slightly in growth structure (to preserve the genetic lines, while still producing a fairly homogeneous crop [rather than open pollination]). The old seed stock (f1) is what created the original Romulan, aka PA Pinebud. :tiphat:

Thesearch

Old seed stock was hunted through, and a stud male was selected along with a female that differed slightly in growth structure (to preserve the genetic lines, while still producing a fairly homogeneous crop [rather than open pollination]). The old seed stock (f1) is what created the original Romulan, aka PA Pinebud. :tiphat:

Thank you. I had read the story as you wrote it here. Can I ask, is the Romulan that Ace seeds is selling from your cut?

Koondense

Veteran
I see fems are available at the romulan genetics site, ace has the regular version only. I assume ace is more focused on the european market, RomulanGenetics more on US/Canada.

The line looks really interesting, i think i may try some next year if i find some space. A bit pricey though so will take the time to think about it.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts