What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any " one hit weed " back in the 1970's ?

DrDee

from what I have read it seems the cia was heavily involved in a lot of those "sub culture" magazines like High Times, Surfer Magazine, Guns and Ammo etc.

I'm sure the CIA was deeply concerned with the activities of those 1970 surfers. That would include the Beach Boys...always felt something was off about those guys. Spies!

OK go east a bit to Minnesota. Actually it was 1967, I had just graduated HS and started college. I lived with a buddy in a loft in an old Whorehouse. Had a tunnel to escape the ATF guys. lol

My buddy came home late one night...shook me awake and said, "Try this weed man." and stuck a tiny joint in my mouth. One hit...I mean seriously, one hit and reality was sparkling at the edges. Panama Red.

We also got great hashish...but that was later in 1968 when I moved to Minneapolis...where everything was available.
Peace,
JD

ningning

talk about this,i'm wonder what does Nepal asectic monk smoke?i can't imagine the picture that they said to weed guy,give me some california orange or lemon haze...

try this,maybe they gonna grown themself,it's means maybe they will watch this forum,maybe is the mamber here,and he's a monk,maybe he has already get satoried!!!maybe he is the net firend who just reply your post,and he is satoried!it's odd isn't it?

Last edited:

DrDee

ningning,
I've also wondered what sort of weed experience those east Indian saddhu's and various mystics have.

You have to take their normal mental space into consideration. I'm sure they have very little in common with a contemporary Westerner...for example. They meditate and chant and fast to enhance their spiritual life...and it should be no surprise that they incorporate ganja. But I suspect ganga is just an ajunct for them. Not the whole meal.

Sativa...as a taxonomic phrase merely means cultivated. But because if the history and nature of life in various eastern cultures...indeed they did use sativas to obtain satori. And many still do.

Cloud hidden, Whereabouts unknown
DrDee

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If so what was it? Nothing I smoked back in the 70's was comparable in strength to the plants I have grown in the last few years. I was a teen lacking in connections and probably lied to about what I was getting anyway in the 70's . Some of the best I got back then was less than half as strong my present stash.
I think the strongest and most potent marijuana I tried “ hit for hit” would be the Chocolate Thai a.k.a. the Buddha Thai late 70s

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i don't know. when you are smoking an ounce or more a week, your tolerance level would render even good pot down to "meh", wouldn't it? i suspect that what might be one-hit shit to someone that does not get high regularly might be just plain old pot to someone else...

i don't know. when you are smoking an ounce or more a week, your tolerance level would render even good pot down to "meh", wouldn't it? i suspect that what might be one-hit shit to someone that does not get high regularly might be just plain old pot to someone else...

Traditional varieties had high ceilings. You had to smoke more, but the high was always stronger the more you smoked, always. Today's weed the first hit and last hit are identical, always. Modern cannabis is like driving in a circle.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

I had friend that ran out for month and took 6 hits off joint of GG4. He passed out in chair, and came too a few minutes later.

I was smoking some under bud of GG4 for a couple of weeks, since cheap bastard and do not like to throw anything away, then did one bong hit of top bud and had to lay down.

Did not see the 70's part. No we had Columbian crap, and even thai sticks and black hash we could function. Maybe if we did not smoke 5 times a day.

azbudman

The best was called wacky weed in 1972 we got some Columbian that was brown had been pressed probably for shipping. High times did a article on it. A field in Columbia went polypoid" advanced state of growth", plants produced so much resin it oozed out and covered leaves suffocating the plant. Tasted like hash oil. Cost 100.00 per oz when the best Santa Marta gold was 30.00 in Massachusetts, awesome stuff, 2 hit!!!