What's new

Another Blackberry

After seeing the Blackberry pix put up by 3 legged dog I'm almost embarrased to post this.
A friend gifted me a BlackBerry clone. I vegged it for 6 weeks then thru it into flower. The lower branches were pollinated by my Northern Light male.
The top got so heavy that it broke last night, not a good start to my morning finding this. I'd planned to give it another week, but at least the seeded branches can continue working.
For some reason the purple doesn't really show in this pic but I will shoot more.

G

looks pretty good bro, greener plants prolly pack more punch. looks greyish to me. lmk on the smoke when ya can. real interested in how these BB plants are smokin.

all the Blackberry crosses around these days almost have to break down and hunt some myself. Subs BR plants are some serious eye candy, as was 3lds.

nebus BR line would be awesome to get hold of.

CBF

BullsNBowls

The tops can get quite heavy and wobbly, even with a thick stalk. Mine never broke but sure did teeter for a couple of weeks. With seeing BB becoming more of a popular strain, I grew mine out last yr., I would be interested in getting it again and crossing it with a White Rhino or even a Widow. Any ideas or anyone working this aspect right now? Good looking cola.

G

BullsNBowls said:
I would be interested in getting it again and crossing it with a White Rhino or even a Widow. Any ideas or anyone working this aspect right now? Good looking cola.

I have my eye on some of the Black Russian F2s from Sub. its known that they need a boost in potentcy, if the BR comes around id like to knock up the OPT i have with it and see what the results would be.

pipe dream

CBF

BullsNBowls

Seen the Black Russians for a brief time come through a local dispensary in Northern Calif but never tasted it. Never seen anything on the Black Rhino but with the Black Widows gaining notice in some areas (which is a very subtle expanding smoke with a smooth Crown Royal taste) I would love to see it. Hell, I'd jump on that bandwagon.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I haven't had a taste of this yet but the smell is awesome. I'm really looking forward to growing the seeds from this. The NL used to pollinate it has been an ongoing project for a few years now. It produces a short, full plant that finishes in 60 days and delivers a very respectable yield. The high is a hard hitting couchlock that comes on fast and lasts a good long time. I think I'll call it Black Lights, takes me back to the day.

valk

CBF said:
I have my eye on some of the Black Russian F2s from Sub. its known that they need a boost in potentcy, if the BR comes around id like to knock up the OPT i have with it and see what the results would be.

pipe dream

CBF

If you need moral support to see this project through, count me in! :yummy:

BullsNBowls

Black Lights

Black Lights

Love the way that NL sounds and will be a great contribution to the subtleness of Blackberry. I found that the only place it was lacking was in potency and a full smoke. The smell does'nt get any better than from those babies. Git R Done, Rocky.

est1977

There ARE BB Widows and a Blackberry Rhino I have Both !!!, I recieved them as Gifts theyre a breeders friends personal stashand he thru a couple my way and yes the breeder has seeds available just not of those two crosses. He probably would of released them had he not caught Hell releasing the BlackberryS1's Last year. PS There are also BlackberryX Bubba Kush S1's, yes OKid did Make all of the above mentioned . BUT I Doubt he'll be Online anytime soon trying to slang em' Im sure other ppl have made some of the same crosses, I said all of that to say they're are some in exsistance you just gotta find them out there (and dont be all dramaful posting Bs about Okid after my post,I dont care who he got whatever from if its good ima grow it!! )You might wanna check out some of the auction sites,I also recently purchased a version of BB widow in an auction (it was a11xak47) for pretty cheap and I think Cbf made the seeds I purchased from auction.As for the potency BBxbubbaS1's are off the chart I grew those my last grow and have some Currently germing now They yeilded nice for me like 4oz per plant (I had 2,wish i had 1 now!!)Here are Two pics from my homies last grow of the blackberryXblackberry phenoed S1's

here's another one (pics by CX)

There are 5 phenos, so you wouldn't get bored with it. From my understanding(inside info :yoinks: ) the seeds Gypsy has are all S1's but a mix of the 5 diffrent phenos so there is a grab bag of possibilities with each Freebie.

The phenos are as follows:

blackberry x blackberry ( crystal heavy almost sick smelling berries )
Blackberry (green pheno) ( its THEEE best )
blackberry ( with a bubba kush back cross )
blackberry - berry smell ( party high nice smoke )
blackberry x Rhino kush ( got beans have not grown them out yet )

Last edited:
bad wizard it has a very fruity, berry smell and its god awful strong. When I sat trimming this top it made the whole house reek in minutes. Thank Jah for ozone generators.

est1977 is there any way a person could get a few of those? Are any being sold anywhere?

BullsNBowls

I was getting curious myself about if those might be available. Have you been running with the BB for awhile? See, now I kick myself in the ass for not hanging onto it. Could of pollinated at least one branch with the Salmon Creek Big Bud male I had at the time. I can be an idiot.

est1977

dont worry get requset some vbs from gypsy its in there, I grew a couple and have just started some more a couple of days ago i planted 4 of them
so i can take clones make mommas i have a plan of my own with the Blackberry x bubba s1's x some banana ogers (remember those?) Bomb heavy yeilder also another 4oz plant a few ppl got lucky and copped em but i dont
think there are too many floating around out there bomb smoke helluva flavor
and the high is way up there veggitation status aka that knock out good for insomnia

Last edited:

3legdog

thanks rocky

thanks rocky

Those buds look DAM nice & i've heard the green pheno is the best smoke anyway. I dont know how in the hell i got so lucky w/ a few that turn color in the heat of summer & 1 might just be a Dank winner...we'll see as they are not even dry yet. I can tell though that 1 really has a chance at being a keeper. I have so many different varities going now that it's going to be a real "trick-or-Treat..s.....! Amongst my friends & family this all hallows eve ! :woohoo: Im' like the candyman w/ 4 or 5 varities to hand out for halloween this year. Lovn' that since some of my fam/friends are really sick & look forward to my jar presents.

Let us know how she smokes rockymtn when all is ready as im curious myself how these will smoke :chin: . Peace all & have a nice weekend :wave: 3ld :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts