What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what am I doing wrong....I have no clue please help

leon25

I built my own low pressure aeroponic system
5 seeds germinated an put in rockwool
After 1 week they stopped to grow and look the top is little bit burned and the leaves tend to be down
After 2 weeks I some some roots coming out from the net but not as fast as it should be
PH is about 6
Humidity is 55%
Temperature outside 25-26C
Temperature water 28.7
TDS is 693ppm
Nutrients is Cellman Hydro Grow X+Y

what could it be?

Attachments

• 20200918_175925 (1).jpg
    20200918_175925 (1).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200918_175815 (1).jpg
    20200918_175815 (1).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200918_175800.jpg
    20200918_175800.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200918_175751.jpg
    20200918_175751.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200918_175729s.jpg
    20200918_175729s.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200918_175715 c.jpg
    20200918_175715 c.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Bicchiere per emergenza
    Bicchiere per emergenza
    52.2 KB · Views: 41

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I built my own low pressure aeroponic system
5 seeds germinated an put in rockwool
After 1 week they stopped to grow and look the top is little bit burned and the leaves tend to be down
After 2 weeks I some some roots coming out from the net but not as fast as it should be
PH is about 6
Humidity is 55%
Temperature outside 25-26C
Temperature water 28.7
TDS is 693ppm
Nutrients is Cellman Hydro Grow X+Y

what could it be?
I'm not a hydro dude but, from what I have read here and elsewhere on the topic. It appears to me that although your room temp is a little high 26 vice 20-25, your VPD is out of wack raise RH to 70%.

PH about 6. How are you measuring it?

ElGato

Veteran
aside form your water temps, your TDS is way too high for seedlings imo, 693ppm is full size/big plant strength

...try lowering it down to about 250-350ppm

ElGato

Veteran
i don't know anything about Cellmax, but 693ppm is way too strong for seedlings

as far as your plants symptoms, it is probably mostly the PPMs, it sounds like your plants are in shock.

Those stumpy-lettuce leaves look like broad/russet mite damage to me :/

I had them a couple months back. After I topped and cloned, all my clones damped off, and my mother's turned into that ^^^ by that I mean your new growth that's short and thick. Then I burned the leaves with pesticidal soap ):

Sevindust is debatable for smoking, but it's gentle on the plant.

ElGato

Veteran
PPM Levels for Cannabis
Seedlings Stage: 100-400
Nutrients aren’t really needed during seedling stage. A little Root Juice is always helpful.

Early Vegetative Stage: 500-800
This includes clones. Nitrogen is the key nutrient at this stage.

Late Vegetative Stage: 800-1200
Plants require a mice mix of N-P-K. Mixing a grow/veg solution and a flowering/bloom solution is a good way to get the balanced N-P-K you want at the end of vegetative stage.

Early Flowering Stage: 1000-1400
The cannabis plant will stretch at this point. The need for Nitrogen begins to decrease while the need for Phosphorus start to increase.

Mid Flowering Stage: 1200-1600
This is the stage when a cannabis plant needs the most food. Maintaining moderate levels of Nitrogen, while boosting Phosphorus & Potassium to boost flower growth.

Late Flowering: 1000 – 500 – 0
Late flowering starts with a decrease in PPM. During the ripening week, PPM may be around 500. Finally PPM is dropped to zero.

leon25

Thank you sooooo much I added other water an balanced ph now I am at 480ppm...since I am quite new to that i thought that 10 days of germination +1 week in rockwool could be enough to sustain 700 (early vegetative)...but probably is toooo much early

ElGato

Veteran
480ppm is still borderline high for seedlings, if it were me - I would drop the ppm down to about 325-350 max. You can always add more Nutes once they start to bounce back and recover.

as I said earlier they are probably in shock, so what they need right now is very gentle treatment untill they show some signs of recovery.

also, since your solution temps have been a little high you may want to add some 3% H2O2 at about 2ml per liter to stave off any Root Rot that may be occurring.

...and remember -it's all a learning process, don't get discouraged, just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it

good luck to you

leon25

Thank you so much...i will drop down to less concentration adding water ...even the trick of H2O2 is amazing..i will check root rot ...maybe being aeroponic will save me a little bit ;)
Sure the temperature is influenced by the pump that now is running 24/7 ..unfortunately where I live cyclical timers are rare to get...I ordered it and sure it will make temperature go down :)...wish so

If your aero sprayers are hitting that rockwool multiple times per day, you're likely keeping it way too wet, which could also lead to that droopy look.

Just saw you're running the pump 24/7. You'll definitely keep them too wet, probably too warm, and most likely will lead to rot. You could surround the rockwool with hydroton, to help control moisture from soaking the rockwool. Rockwool is best used in systems that have a couple soaks per day, but more air time than water time, by far. You want either bare stems, or hydroton for a 24/7 running system.

leon25

I was suggested 3m on and 3m off ...by your (the only rele I found support same amount time off and time on) experience you think is too much right? In your opinion what could be optimal?

If you're using rockwool, 3 minutes isn't nearly enough time to dry out. Rockwool holds a lot of water for a long time. I didn't think you had a cycle timer, but if you do, you could set it to 1 minute on, and hours off, and still be ok. I do bare stems in my aero cloner 1 minute on, 1 hour off, and they don't dry out.

leon25

I think at the end was a mix of things...mostly too much water...rockwool was absorbing too much...now I passed them to normal hydroponic with a "protection" of hydroton
now i want to start a new batch with other seeds...in your opinion i think rockwool as medium is wrong for an areoponic that can switch on/off for the same amount (only XX mins of and same XX off)...which medium would you suggest?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I think at the end was a mix of things...mostly too much water...rockwool was absorbing too much...now I passed them to normal hydroponic with a "protection" of hydroton
now i want to start a new batch with other seeds...in your opinion i think rockwool as medium is wrong for an areoponic that can switch on/off for the same amount (only XX mins of and same XX off)...which medium would you suggest?
Just my opinion... I wouldn't start anything else until you have brought this run to fruition or death. Which ever comes 1st. Learn from your mistakes (we all made/make them) and apply lessons learned :)

leon25

update and new batch

update and new batch

After a lot my plants are looking like bonsai, i took away the rock wool and put it in a normal net+bottle. Roots are super small...now it started to be a little bit burned but ppm is only 500, light now is VEG+FLOWER at 32k lumen..maybe too much?????

Attachments

• 20201014_155535.jpg
    20201014_155535.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20201014_155554.jpg
    20201014_155554.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 26