What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PM on mother plants

I brought PM into my mother/cloning room. These are my genetics that I’ve had for years and can’t lose them. I can’t toss them. I’ve been spraying Actinovate every other day but I’m still seeing tiny (I mean almost invisible) PM spots on my moms. Should I try Eagle 20? I have to save these plants. Any help would be appreciated.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I always used greencure for PM on my outdoor plants and the garden. It's 85% potassium bicarbonate by volume I think. Organic rated in the US and works as preventive and if you already have it to try and knock it out.

Dollar

I’ve tried many things for pm over the years. Lots of em work. The last few years I’ve been using sulfur dust from Lowe’s as a preventative. I spray every two weeks until two weeks into flower. Very cheap and effective against not only pm but all bugs. Mix 2 tbls per gallon. Lightly spray the top of medium and heavily coat all stems, bottom and tops of each leaf. I have never seen pm since. The only downside is the odor initially but you get used to it after awhile. Good luck!

I’ve tried many things for pm over the years. Lots of em work. The last few years I’ve been using sulfur dust from Lowe’s as a preventative. I spray every two weeks until two weeks into flower. Very cheap and effective against not only pm but all bugs. Mix 2 tbls per gallon. Lightly spray the top of medium and heavily coat all stems, bottom and tops of each leaf. I have never seen pm since. The only downside is the odor initially but you get used to it after awhile. Good luck!

Any negative side effects from the sulfur?

Mattbho

Start feeding asa (asprin ) half a tab works for every couple gallons soup .

Then e.m. or labs foliars will burn actually kill the mildew . It leaves brown burnt marks where the mildew used to be. Its mostly lactic acid but that shit is strong read the label 1000-1 im pretty sure is the foliar rate.

Follow this with sulpher or neem oil worked for me. I would use sulpher and then wash it off (method 1, plant wash , ect )leave them bare for couple days then neem the shit outta them b4 flip

. Also sulpher burn or ozone the equipment/growspace to kill every last spore. There was or is probably something wrong in the mother area as well.
Healthy plants dont typically let pm take over . There is life after p.m.(powdered mildew) and its all about Pm (preventative maintenance)

Also i now keep 20 inch box fans with 20 inch higher grade furnace filter taped to the back. You don't need the top of the line filters just make sure it will pick up mold and mildew spores .

Last edited:

Dollar

Any negative side effects from the sulfur?

The odor is rather offensive. After spraying the plants look like they’re covered in pm but it’s just the sulfur protecting the leaves. The plants health is never compromised with the sulfur. I’ve never had any issue with it nor anyone I know. Plus the bottle is like $7 at Lowe’s. That $7 bottle makes something like 100 gallons of solution.

Start feeding asa (asprin ) half a tab works for every couple gallons soup .

Then e.m. or labs foliars will burn actually kill the mildew . It leaves brown burnt marks where the mildew used to be. Its mostly lactic acid but that shit is strong read the label 1000-1 im pretty sure is the foliar rate.

Follow this with sulpher or neem oil worked for me. I would use sulpher and then wash it off (method 1, plant wash , ect )leave them bare for couple days then neem the shit outta them b4 flip

. Also sulpher burn or ozone the equipment/growspace to kill every last spore. There was or is probably something wrong in the mother area as well.
Healthy plants dont typically let pm take over . There is life after p.m.(powdered mildew) and its all about Pm (preventative maintenance)

Also i now keep 20 inch box fans with 20 inch higher grade furnace filter taped to the back. You don't need the top of the line filters just make sure it will pick up mold and mildew spores .

Thank you for this info. I’ll try this. What is e.m.?

SupraSPL

Unfortunately once PM is in the system the only thing you can do is manage it. You can take clones and treat them with Myclobutanil (Eagle 20 and similar) and they will be CURED but then you have to sanitize your grow and start over from those cured clones OR move the cured clones to a new grow area while you finish your current crop and closely manage the PM until harvest. 1% organic milk, diluted works awesome for PM control.

Some people just accept it and manage it in their perpetual grows, but it is extra work and cost a lot more if you have to constantly fight your humidity. When I am PM free I let my RH drift between 55% and 85% with no problems.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
I brought PM into my mother/cloning room. These are my genetics that I’ve had for years and can’t lose them. I can’t toss them. I’ve been spraying Actinovate every other day but I’m still seeing tiny (I mean almost invisible) PM spots on my moms. Should I try Eagle 20? I have to save these plants. Any help would be appreciated.

Dealt with the same problem, had great sucess with “CX Horticulture - PMT” & “CropGuard - DustOFF” Besides I spray once a week Cannacure on em, since then I never seen pm anymore...

I wood

Does anyone have any experience with UV-C light for pm control??

I tried it for a while with mixed results.
Works well in veg and even early flower but the denser buds would hide small pm spots in the folds and crevices where light cant reach.
Much better results have been had with a mint oil based product called Plant Therapy, foliar, sprayed until entire plant drips. If used within a week of harvest plant is sprayed with a 1% h2o2 solution at harvest to rinse. These days most plants get a peroxide spay at harvest anyways as a precaution.
The uv light is nice for seedlings, especially cacti seedlings that are mold prone.
Also useful to sterilize seeds before being put into storage.

medicalmj

Veteran

I’ve tried it all. If mothers Eagle 20 is the only thing, that you can get at a grow store, that’s gonna work. If you’re in or about to flower it’s battle to manage safely. So do yourself a favor and wipe it out now.

issack

Veteran
Wetable sulfur smokes pm every time. It's all I use to deal with pm. 1 tablespoon per gallon. Spray once every 2 weeks. It kills it fast