What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ideal conditions for drying

So I was wondering what are the ideal temperature and humidity is supposed to be at for drying after chopping down. And also how to tell when it is done drying.

T

Teddybrae

Unless you can control the drying environment you will have to learn how to dry in all sorts of conditions.

One thing I do to ensure the bud does not retain excess moisture is when I think it is dry I put the gear in plastic bags and place those bags on the porch in the morning sun. If after 10 minutes there is no 'fog' on the upper part of the bag ... then the gear is dry enough.

If it's summer and the sun is hot maybe 10 minutes is too much.

Anyway ... the learning is in the doing ...

(PS: Totally dislike yr username.)

Unless you can control the drying environment you will have to learn how to dry in all sorts of conditions.

One thing I do to ensure the bud does not retain excess moisture is when I think it is dry I put the gear in plastic bags and place those bags on the porch in the morning sun. If after 10 minutes there is no 'fog' on the upper part of the bag ... then the gear is dry enough.

If it's summer and the sun is hot maybe 10 minutes is too much.

Anyway ... the learning is in the doing ...

(PS: Totally dislike yr username.)

What I usually do is set the ac as cold as I can and humidity for 40% for the first two days and then 55% for the next 3-4 days. Was curious about what other people do.

overbudjet

Veteran
I consider mine ready to jar when the branch (the one that holding bud) snap instead of bowing .I hang up whole plant for 6 to 9 days before dry trim and jar for curing.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
What I usually do is set the ac as cold as I can and humidity for 40% for the first two days and then 55% for the next 3-4 days. Was curious about what other people do.
Sloooooooow. Maintain tent at night time temps and reduce humidity to 60%, air exchange/circulation is of the utmost importance here for 7-10 days. The when the branch holding the nug snaps (just snaps) you can jar them and start the cure for the next couple of months.

Your method will not get to the interior = major problems while curing, which is where most people fail