What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

John Sackler, co owner of Purdue Pharma, dies. Press S to spit on his grave

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-06/jonathan-sackler-co-owner-of-purdue-pharma-dies

Stamford, Conn. (AP) -- Jonathan Sackler, one of the owners of OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma, has died, the company confirmed.

Sackler died June 30, according to a court filing. He was 65 and the cause of death was cancer.

He was the son of Raymond Sackler, one the brothers who bought drug company Purdue Frederick in 1952, and served as an executive and board member for the company that was later renamed Purdue Pharma. Like other members of the Sackler family, he has stepped off the board of the company in recent years, though family members retain ownership.

The company is seeking bankruptcy protection as part of an effort to settle nearly 3,000 lawsuits brought against it by state and local governments that blame the company for sparking the opioid crisis that has killed more than 400,000 Americans since 2000. Hundreds of the lawsuits also name family members.

The company's settlement plan calls for the family, which has been listed among America's wealthiest, to pay at least $3 billion and give up ownership of Purdue.

~~~The Sackler family is Jewish. Not that it's relevant. I just thought I would mention that. Greatest ally. Chosen People, God Bless Israel, etc.

troutman

Seed Whore
Oxycontin is from GMO poppies and that's no conspiracy. :tiphat:

The genes that code for the enzymes that convert Thebaine to Codeine and Morphine in normal opium poppies are non-functional in opium poppies
used to make Oxycontin. Thebaine level in those GMO poppies increase beyond usual levels and that's what is used to make Oxycontin in a laboratory.
Those have been genetically modified. I never liked Oxycontin. Morphine to me is much more superior when you're in pain.

My biggest issue with Big Pharma is they are the major players in why Cannabis has been made illegal.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May his grandchildren find "healthcare" the same way so many of us unfortunately did, at a pain clinic.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Zionist Tribe... burn in hell ... you sent an entire generation 6 feet under ... I grew up with so many of them

roybart

The company is seeking bankruptcy protection as part of an effort to settle nearly 3,000 lawsuits brought against it by state and local governments that blame the company for sparking the opioid crisis that has killed more than 400,000 Americans since 2000. Hundreds of the lawsuits also name family members.
By extension, can all the alcohol producers be held liable?

igrowone

Veteran
who is 'S' of the grave spitting?
i've had oxy's a few times, thought they were crap didn't do shit for pain and disrupted sleep

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They should grab the corpse by the ankles and shake every last nickel out so they can dump the money into rehabs.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Docs prescribed it pretty easy, cause sales people incentivized them to. Pharmacy guy never said be damn careful taking these when they handed them over. A lot of blame to go around too.

Gry

Text book illustration of a medical system in which profit motives eviscerated integrity.
Had me on the crap when I came down with cancer. Their refusal to get me off it
resulted in my moving from FL to the LA area so that I could have access to cannabis
so I could get away from the stuff.
Always wondered why they were so insistent that I not be allowed to get off of the crap or to at least
have a different pain med. Later found out that the company had a scheme whereby the dr was paid 70 dollars each time he wrote my prescription.
I have contempt for a system which not only protects the likes of that corporation but encourages this kind of behavior. The damned sentencing reform bill the administration loves to speak well of gives jackasses like Sackler even more protection.
Yes indeed, no shortage of blame what so ever.

roybart

The Doctor is the ultimate responsibility to manage any medication. The checks and balances should be the pharmacy. Today electronic prescriptions help keep it under control.
17 year ago I trained a bunch of Pharma reps on new software and hardware. They had week old data on all scripts except for Walmart. The pharmacies all except Walmart sold the data.So now the drug companies knew which Dr's were prescribing their products or the competition products.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ Reps had IPAQ's that synced the data between their laptop and the IPAQ. Most reps had aircards so they can update their laptops anywhere.
They could pull up a Dr and see the prescribing history of that Dr..

All the reps we trained were no older than 25 and 90% were very attractive. Yes all had at least a science degree so not just pretty faces but sharp also.

A slick marketing machine that provided pens donuts for the office and trips to exotic locations for "training" and CPE credits for the Dr's

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I now believe that I am the ultimate responsibility for the meds I allow them to give me. These days I reject almost all of them. That includes vaccines, except for a tetnus booster and an antibiotic shot, when I injured myself recently.

Latest posts

Latest posts