What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixing FFOF with dolomite

Explorebc

So I was exploring through some threads here and read that it takes about 6 months to start seeing the benefits of dolomite lime. I’m just about to transfer into my 2gals for 4 weeks then into 7 gals for another 10. Is it worth even adding at this point. All my FFoF is still sealed. Also if anyone has an alternative solution that would be dope.

JohnR171R

I have always added dolomite to FF OF and i get good results. I add about 6 tablespoons to a three gallon pot. The stuff is cheap. Sometimes i add a little perlite too.

T

Teddybrae

Some of that Dolomite will be water soluble and available immediately. The rest is acid soluble ... like yr nutes or decomposing organics are acid ... and this will take a little time. I 'd mix now and keep an eye on what's going on with a Soil pH test kit or probe. Take care you don't add too much! It is very hard to get the pH down again. Like John above ^^^ says ...

Rodehazrd

:tiphat::smoke out:If you have room mix soil for next run when you start flower. I mix 50 gal at a time in a little garden trailer. I put in 6 cups lime. I prefer non dolomite as it has more calcium. 5 cups calphos and 3 cups gypsum. Put it in two 30 gal tubs and wet with worm tea. It's pretty good in 4 weeks I try to go 8 and pot up 2 weeks before flower. Just keep it closed and damp.

Latest posts

Latest posts