What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where are your favorite places to buy CBD oil?

yeonwoo

Help a brotha out... knowing where to buy organic CBD oil can be a challenge. Some areas have it more readily available than others, and you may need to spend more in order to get the type of oil that you want. What tips do you have for people who are looking for CBD oil for the first time? Do you have a favorite place to shop for organic options?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Is there a place that I could send a sample of CBD isolate to get tested?
Just a normal closet/tent grower. Non commercial, non licenced.
I just want to know if im getting what I paid for.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Grow your own strains and make your own :)

Yeah, I tried.
Well I only tried one pheno of Tiger Beat and 2 phenos of High Voltage. Both have THC.
I would love to get my hands on a CBD only strain.
Tiger beat was supposed to be 1:1 ratio. It tasted horrible.
High voltage was advertised as more towards a CBD only. It says some phenos are 13 to 1 CBD to THC. But i actually get higher from the HV than the TB, so I didn't get one of the ratios I was looking for.

But even if I did make my own, is there somewhere I could get it tested even though I'm in prohibitionland?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yeah, I tried.
Well I only tried one pheno of Tiger Beat and 2 phenos of High Voltage. Both have THC.
High voltage was advertised as more towards a CBD only. It says some phenos are 13 to 1 CBD to THC. But i actually get higher from the HV than the TB, so I didn't get one of the ratios I was looking for.

But even if I did make my own, is there somewhere I could get it tested even though I'm in prohibitionland?
I hear ya good buddy. I grow AC/DC, Har, and Dt. They all have THC which, btw, a necessary component. If I would chose a word for it, it is nitrous oxide for your CBD.

I make mari-pills out of my buds. Dependent on the cap size you use, you can mitigate the "unwanted" high for the lack of a better word. That being said, as THC remains in your system for weeks/months (medical users) all you need to do is keep fuel in your gas tank so to speak. CBD in your system is only used at the cellular level as required.

I'm in correspondence with another mbr here on the medical side of the house, re: a family mbr requires CBD. There is 2 distinct markets here: medical; and recreational and the two are polar opposites. Medical cannabis is in its infancy. My doctor says you guys and your CBDs, thinking it is the cure all for every ailment. There is no .... yadi, yada. What they call 99.9% CBD is pretty much neutered of all the "required" terpinoids" of x, y and z. That treat x,y and z.

I have been using for 2 yrs treating my diabetes. Went from an AIC of 9.3 to 5.1 I told my wife I had forgone my mid day pill and was thinking of taking a cleanse, e.g quit for a week. The wife said you know the outcome. I didn't quit for a week but, onlu took a pill on Sat, none on Sun, and sure enough Mondfay my blood sugar was up. This is amidst taking my normal diabetes meds. Resumed Tues, and all is well again.

If I was to recommend a CBD strain for you that is 20:1, That would be AC/DC. Very little psychedelic effect but, you can feel the tingle of CBD growing through your body.

It is 2 different beasts, and I am sorry, there is a lopt of BS out there. e.g Cw (Charlotte's Web) is less than 3% THC and high in CBD. It doesn't work for me. Yes high in CBD but it aggravates the shit out of me. Why? It was designed to treat Charlotte and ikids/people who suffer from her ailments. My doctor was right in a way. CBD is not the answer to everything. She is right but, she is also wrong. The proper strain will cure what ails you :)

FWIW, breeders have bred CBD out of strains in support of higher THC. Higher THC increases anxiety and paranoia but, the high is great. It is the terpenes you seek vice a strain. Here is a pic of the marijuana CBD tree. The true one, so I'm told. Anything else are copy cats, because CBD has been bred out. And breeding is done towards x, y z characteristics. Regardless what the rest shows. If it doesn't meeet x, y or z. It gets culled.

picture.php

The grand daddy of them all is Ringo's gift and Harle Tsu. I will breed those one day! Hope this helps :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything else are copy cats, because CBD has been bred out. And breeding is done towards x, y z characteristics. NOT TRUE!
The CBD 'family tree' has expanded greatly. Loving Durban Potion crossing with P3. To date, nearly 23% CBD. Numerous breeders in CO, OR, WI are coming up with great CBD hybrids. We just take those a step farther.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Anything else are copy cats, because CBD has been bred out. And breeding is done towards x, y z characteristics. NOT TRUE!*SNIP
... and you would be correct. OTOH, there is a ton of info out there wrt my statement, that, for a period folks were more intent on growing for THC content.

Yes there are breeders that continue to develop/improve CBD strains. As stated I have used straight CBD with mediocre results at best. Do I trust everything out there? No. So perhaps my terminology wasn't the greatest, but I have found strains that work for me, and, I know what's in them, based on their published "medical" strain profile.

X, y, z characteristics could be many from mold resistance etc... I support the work being done by the "true breeders" Yes I know that is a loaded statement, for which there is no pun intended. Where, my statement refers to "the medicinal component become 2nd (or an after thought) after THC content, frostiness or aroma.

The medical community is pretty much in its infancy. We don't know all the ins and outs (as previously discussed) but, as discussed on medical sites, it is going to be a long road ahead and, that is for the same reason many want to go back to "the roots" of certain strains, especially those that want to improve the medical component over all the other "let's say growing characteristics".

This work is also important. To the medicinal component of cannabis users. :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I tried.

Yes, however 0.3% for CBD Hemp strains, generally under the nano limit of testing.

While not tasty smoking, edibles, tinctures (which our customers love) make a great alternative.

We have several CBD Hemp strains for personal use vs. acreage hemp.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yeah, I tried.

Seriously! Is it good? Does it do the job? Does it do the "voodoo" it's supposed to do? Who gives a rats bottom about testing!

I rock AC/DC 20:1. Love it!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
To the OP, I use isolate oil I get from the pharmacy. $55 for 1000mg in a standard 50ml bottle. Comes from "Medterra", which is in KY. It is clear, as opposed to "full spectrum", which I think comes from trash.

I have read that CBD will counteract a buzz, maybe it can if occupies the EC receptors. I dunno, cause the CBD does a great job on joint pains, and the vaped flowers and cookies do a great job of making me stoned. I also take fish oil caps, cause granny Stormcrow says they help the EC system.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
To the OP, I use isolate oil I get from the pharmacy. $55 for 1000mg in a standard 50ml bottle. Comes from "Medterra", which is in KY. It is clear, as opposed to "full spectrum", which I think comes from trash.

I have read that CBD will counteract a buzz, maybe it can if occupies the EC receptors. I dunno, cause the CBD does a great job on joint pains, and the vaped flowers and cookies do a great job of making me stoned. I also take fish oil caps, cause granny Stormcrow says they help the EC system.
That's a fact Jack@ :tiphat: Should one green out, a quick squirt under the tongue and within 5-10 minutes you will feel the relief and come down :)

Digit

Pure Life, isolate, and then make my own, adding to hemp seed oil.

Recently(ish) Pure Life changed their pricing, so can get 1g for £14, and then other saving as you increase, up to their upper ranges 100g for £400, 250g for £600, 1kg for £1800 (means £1.80/g!), and they'd do wholesale deals above that too.

I have heard there's cheaper out there yet... a rumour I've yet to follow/find of 1kg for £500. (£0.50/g!!!)

When you need 1.2g a day, and are on low level disability benefits, these savings REALLY matter.

I recently heard the statistic that 70% of CBD products on the market are mislabelled. So it feels a lot safer going for isolate, with 3rd party testing, than any of those other products with the CBD mixed in.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I like the isolate tincture @1000mg from Medterra. I just got 30% discounted by a code I found on the web "PURE".

Next on the list of things I want is a bunch of CBD crystals, and make my own hand creme. If I could get a destroyed thumb joint to numb, life would be good.

There is abig 100+ yr old commercial farm nearby growing hemp for the CBD oil. That stuff is vacuuming up 100 years of agricultural pollutants too.

St. Phatty

I'm trying to find a place to buy CBD oil - or a good replacement.

I called the local health food store.

It was about $50, for an amount that sounded ... less than 1 cc.

Maybe I didn't understand the unit of measure right, BUT.

If you want the equivalent amount of CBD - and you have pot plants - can you get some good pure CBD from the leaves ... or something ?

Digit

If you want the equivalent amount of CBD - and you have pot plants - can you get some good pure CBD from the leaves ... or something ?

largely depends on the cultivar, and what method you use to purify.

leaves are good medicine to eat a little of, according to animals/nature/instinct. n_n