What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 S1 test Thread

THC123

Veteran
Hi guys,

The seeds Karma sent me have arrived at my safe addy. I will go collect them tomorrow.

Today I will be assembling my homebox and making preparations.

It has been years since I was able to grow indoor so I am really excited, I finally feel safe again at my place so it is time to stop reforesting our woods and go indoor again. This grow will be done with a Fluence 345 Watts lamp. I am hoping these lamps will allow me to control the climate better, so the top buds stay sticky and smelly.

Normally I was planning to do an indoor grow with my selected white og f2 cut because that weed is one of the best I had in years. But then Karma decided to drop the A5 S1 so he ruined my white og plans!!! Thanks Karma :laughing::laughing:

I will grow the A5 seedlings on direct 12/12 in 10 liter pots using organic soil, bacteria and fungi. This should still deliver reasonable size plants as even on 12/12 they will veg for a month.

This grow is all about selections and not yield. Hoping to find something close to the original, or at least something real hazy, churchy, incensy.

It has been so long since I smoked the A5 (pre 2000) that I almost forgot the smell. I remember the intense incense smell and the effect.

Big thanks to Karma for making these beans and for making the elusive A5 available to the general public.

THC123

Veteran
Thx

I am having a bit of a slowdown in the planning. I wanted to start today but I still have to get my beans.

They are currently at my FWB's house, and shit happened and well let's say I told her to fuck off.

So now on wednesday I am gonna collect my seeds (awkward...) and start next weekend.

Lets hope the crazy bitch didn't destroy the seeds lol

Too bad I lost my safe addy :(

big orno

very cool news :dance013: A5 s1 in organic it seem very good for the final product !

I take a seat to :)

:lurk:

All the best

THC123

Veteran
Welcome everyone!!

I recovered the seeds and she was not too crazy at the time luckily, so no boiled rabbits or anything!!!! My cellphone is broken atm but they came with an awesome A5 HZ logo very cool.

The ones I received are: A5 s1 x6 and HPH x Skunk x A5

Thx Karma for letting me try these out! You know how long I have been wanting the A5 in some form so thx!!

This weekend I will set up my growtent. The soil has already been prepared 2 weeks ago.

It is a mix of organic potting soil, perilte and mycorhizzae. After 4 weeks I will add one Flower Tab to the 11 liter pots.

They contain the corret NPK ratio for flowering, more myco and bacteria. Once per week they will receive Bacto which is a powder dissolved in water containing a mix of bacteria.

Maybe, but I am not sure, probably not, I will add some organic PK booster. The thing is, even though it gives great weed, I do notice it makes weed sweeter. All strains get a similar background taste, so I will probably skip it.

First I will test my organic cubes and my climate with guerilla gold 3 seeds. The cubes are 6 months old and the package was opened. I don't want to risk any mold or pathogens so first I will test my gg3 seeds. If no mold or anything forms I will start Karma's seeds. I dont want to risk it cuz I have been waiting 10+ years for A5 lol. I will plant the seeds directly in the cubes in a propagator. I have been germing in water for 15+ years, I don't know why but recently(2 years ago) my seeds always started to rot when I presoaked or germed in water, even when using hydrogen peroxide. WHen I plant directly in the cubes I don't have this problem anymore but I risk using cubes for duds.

After my guerilla experience I am again also open to try chemical ferts, but not on this grow. I used solid chemical ferts and had real smooth tasty weed just like the organic I grow. I just have to find the right brand, because Canna, Plagron and BAC all give my weed an unnatural taste, smooth but weird. Even with flushing. So if anyone can recommend a chemical fert line which doesn't ""improve" (for me fuck up) the taste???

Can't wait to get started and smell that incense in the air!!!!

THC123

Veteran
SO I reovered the seeds from my now ex fwb and I set up the tent and prepared the soil.

At the moment I am germ testing guerilla gold 3 seeds to see if conditions are optimal and to see if the cubes don't contain any harmful fungi to avoid having a problem I used to have.

I will report back once there is anything interesting to report with the a5 and cross.

Should be in about 10-14 days. :tiphat:

THC123

Veteran
All 4 guerilla gold 3 seeds have germinated already so I am going to plant the A5 tomorrow or Friday. Good to know the pesky fungus is gone cuz it was a pain in the ass for 2 years!

After they have germed I will put them under the fluence lamp in their final container with the lamp at 1 meter height the first day and then slowly I will lower the lamp. It is my first time using this lamp so I am going to be careful with these babies!!! I am so excited to get them started :woohoo: After waiting 15 years you can't imagine!

Latest posts

Latest posts