What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What fumes kill mold on harvested buds and dissipate completely?

capnCõno

Thanks. I'll research Prokure. This is strictly for extraction to make edibles and topical application for arthritic pain. For personal medication only. I never sell.

So it sounds to me like you are not gonna smoke it anyway??? If that is the case n u just want to extract it n don't plan on smoking the oil but use it in edibles n topicals ??? I would not worry nearly as much ... and from what u say spot here or there??? Just cut it out and you should be fine ... post a pic of the moldy bud it will be easy to tell u how bad it is nbest way to go bout it... how do u plan on extracting it ???don't sound like u got the shit to run bhu n filter it properly ... Regardless how u extract it is make a alchol was

royson

Shit!!!:cry:

I, my brother, and a dear friend were counting on this medicine for various medical conditions. I let all of us down... again. And spent a ton of money and time just to fail... again.:mad:
Education is never free unfortunately,I know it sucks but it's how we learn,don't make your selves sick by using it

I Care

@experienced Someone gave me a jar of bud that smells wrong fucked. Probably gave it to me thinking that at some point I’ll give then a jar in return. I’m pretty sure most ppl don’t know the difference between contaminated weed and uncontaminated flower.

Anyway I told them I’ll see if I can come up with a way to make use of it. This vinegar thing is the best think I’ve seen yet., I was going to try a water wash and was thinking.. is really worth spending the money on the hard liquor I need to buy to save that garbage and assume health risk. Probably not.

What you suggest with vinegar though, it could save people who have invested in their crop and had some issue leaving it otherwise not consumable. I am imagining a good vinegar wash, then a good water wash, then a really fast dry with clean air and a fan. Then do some form of oil or alcohol extraction with the washed and dried flowers.

I think the trick is to really make sure to to a good vinegar soak and then do a good water cure until you have clean and clear water. They you should have gotten any harmful level of contaminants out that would be unsafe for oral consumption and tinctures.

Actually just dawned on me, that you could safely use this method to extract moldy buds for hair or skin products 🤑. Maybe contaminated bud isn’t garbage after all.

Ca++

Mold isn't just on the surface. It's rooted into the green. There is no washing it off. Killing it is less use than it seems. It's pretty much dead when burnt or cooked, or it's been through the wash with solvents. It's bad for us when dead. As are products it created. Even the micron sized filtration is more theoretical then practiced. Such filters require pressure or vacuum to let anything through. Then the rate they block is very high. It's not worth the effort, and while spores might be a known size, there is just more going on. People are kidding themselves really.
It's trash. The weeds value is less than that of human life. Some people are going to die after their next cheese sandwich. We can't let it be after our product instead. I have a couple of copd friends around me now, who still smoke, though are close to needing oxygen. A decent lung infection could finish them off.
It's trash.

I Care

Very true, it’s not the mold itself. It’s the toxins. Same thing with spoiled food, you can kill the bacteria or whatever but the toxins they produce; they are what pose a long term danger. Hard to identify if an any mycellular organism is toxic or not. Not that it will cause an infection cause that is unlikely, but the toxins are what is something to concern for. The chance of those toxins making it through an acid solvent and then through a neutral solvent. The amount of whatever that would make it through acid solvent (vinegar) and then neutral solvent (water) and then actually make it into the acidic alcohol would still be nominal. I wouldn’t go giving it to grandma or anything, but I’d still rather rely on that if it was all I grew. Rather than some black market weed and possible research chemicals or whatever other crap.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Grab some of this for whatever might be buggin your leaves
IMG_20240421_230807121.jpg

I Care

I successfully stopped PM from taking over my crop with 48hrs lighting and above 107 degree temps after removing all affected plant material. My VPD hit high 7s. It was the difference between having a small useable crop and having to trash everything.
I threw all the bad stuff away with no hesitation, but able to salvage 90% of what was there when the issue started. I did what I did to avoid any sort of fungicidal contamination.

I Care

Doesn’t matter your environment. You wash away all terps and any other water soluble contents over the course of days. It’s really only necessary if you have contamination. It’s also only really practical if making edibles, but you can look it up. There are people on the form who do it for medical reasons and report that they lose all flavor/smell when smoking but they have their medicine they need. Also read that it increases potency(THC), because water soluble compounds are washed away during the water cure process.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts