What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Ace Gardener.

StrongTree

Hi all....here is the recently started Ace garden...

-100% germination within 5 days of sowing

- 12 seed / 12 strains
- bubba kali / bubba pck / kalichina / oenj / pck panama / tikal / zamal kc / pamama bangi haze /
congo kali / panamamalawi / haze kc / zamaldelica

- no humidity dome ! - no presoak - no paper towels !

- sowed direct (1.5cm depth)
- 16oz nursery pots containing: sphagnum, perlite, kelp meal, worm castings and well-aged compost.

- soil evenly warmed to 78 f / ambient air just above soil about 74f

-water adjusted to 6.5

-fulvic (bio-ag) 5ml per litre on first watering of soil

Attachments

• IMG_2058.jpg
    IMG_2058.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2057.jpg
    IMG_2057.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_2062.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 24

StrongTree

Nov 30 - 25 days since germination

some are coming on faster that others ... I see alot vigor in the panama x's and the BubbaKC is also bigging up rapidly as is Tikal....

_ there are some yellow zebra stripes here and there....seems to be the KC x's...i assume temp / ph / cal? maybe too much light...i backed off the light and fed a little and it seems to be moving along... you may be able to see it in the top down view

one oddity is the PCK x Panama lagging behing the whole group...having a hard time setting new leaves....it is sorta acting like a clone taken a bit into flowering does...or a reveg...is this a known trait?

not sure how i will mange this diverse group so any experienced suggestions regarding veg height / strech / canopy

i flower in 7 gal fabric...filled with coot style soils
right now the big question is straight to 7 gal...or just pot up to like 1/2 gallons....the staging for flowering will be as space frees up in the tent 8x4....
im willing to up or down the container size if there is a good reaso

deepwaterdude

Cool beans, Strongtree, welcome aboard the Ace train;) I'd just plan to flower a bit earlier than you usually do. I ran 7 of these in 25 sq ft and was easily, and happily, overgrown;)

I might even welcome the weird, runtish Panama x PCK as a sign to drop one plant and give the space to the others. Haze x KC could take a 1/4 of your space alone.

Welcome to the jungle baby;0) Check out some of Syd Barrett's early multi strain grows in smaller format than yours. Good luck and keep the pics coming!

StrongTree

Cheers DWD ...thanks for the good words!

.i see your "6 Ace Fems" thread...that looks like what im going for... yes indeed i have checked out Syd threads in depth... very instructive in forming ideas about what seeds to choose... Im used to managing a lanky super silver haze....but i know this Haze / KC will be alot more expansive as will some of the other strains....i will continue to study the threads and use my intuition

StrongTree

im partial to 7 gallons of soil per plant during flower ....i see you and others transplanting during / after stretch while in flower.... does the small container limit the stretch much ? ...looks like it was 1gallon for veg into flower and then 5 gal for the final repot

i think of the 12 seedlings 6 will go to 7 gallon while they veg...the others will veg in a smaller pot

seems of the 12 strains i have going Zam and HazeKC are the tallest heights and longest flower....i will heed the advice to flower early

i will top and LST as necessary

due to usually staggered flower cycle (ie a new plant into flower every couple of weeks) i find the 7 gal easy to move around and adjust position ...easy with known clones to manage....but with this first set of Ace seeds...i feel like im working on a puzzle...trying to anticipate a tent with up to 12 different strains is a real change for someone used to two or three strains of clones...it's easy to have an army of plants ready to fill the space and being familiar with the strains habits makes it easy...
but dealing with such venerable genetics and their intricacies is a fresh challenge i welcome

Attachments

• IMG_2013 (1).jpg
    IMG_2013 (1).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19

deepwaterdude

im partial to 7 gallons of soil per plant during flower ....i see you and others transplanting during / after stretch while in flower.... does the small container limit the stretch much ? ...looks like it was 1gallon for veg into flower and then 5 gal for the final repot

i think of the 12 seedlings 6 will go to 7 gallon while they veg...the others will veg in a smaller pot

seems of the 12 strains i have going Zam and HazeKC are the tallest heights and longest flower....i will heed the advice to flower early

i will top and LST as necessary

due to usually staggered flower cycle (ie a new plant into flower every couple of weeks) i find the 7 gal easy to move around and adjust position ...easy with known clones to manage....but with this first set of Ace seeds...i feel like im working on a puzzle...trying to anticipate a tent with up to 12 different strains is a real change for someone used to two or three strains of clones...it's easy to have an army of plants ready to fill the space and being familiar with the strains habits makes it easy...
but dealing with such venerable genetics and their intricacies is a fresh challenge i welcome

You'll be fine, having some experience already. My first Ace grow I flowered way early and still got some primo plants at about 4zips per. Second, I went WAY big, vegging outdoors, and crammed my 5x5. Less plants, terrible soil, big yield. 3rd was an aborted clone run, when 4 Panama clones ate my tent during stretch. I farmed those out and started over, I think with beauteous ZAm x KC testers.
I went coco with big pots, 5-7 gal, and this may be unnecessary with that medium. ZAm x KC, Haze x KC, Panama Haze-all these got massive fast.
You're in for a ride, hang on and enjoy;)

StrongTree

cheers Deep !....im inspired...gonna pot em up tonight !:tiphat:
will update after transplant and a bit more veg

StrongTree

potted up 7 seedlings to 7 gal:

• Bubba Kush x Kali China
  • Kali China
  • Oriental Express x NepJam
  • Tikal
  • Zamaldelica x Kali China
  • Panama x Bangi Haze
  • Haze x Kali China

5 seedlings still in small pots ...but not for long....will sort them quick ( both Zam and Panamalawi are vigorous and need to be potted up....congokali and Bubba xPCK are doing nice but much more diminutive than the rest of the pack will pot them up too...and then there is PCK x Panama.... it's just having a hell of a time unfurling itself ....white streaks throughtout it's few leaves... i will leave her in the little pot and be patient

• Zamaldelica
  • Bubba Kush x PCK
  • Congo x Kali
  • Panama X Malawi
  • PCK x Panama

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2082.jpg
    IMG_2082.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 23

StrongTree

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2072.jpg
    IMG_2072.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16

StrongTree

8x4 7 ft high...2 x 315 cmh

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2084.jpg
    IMG_2084.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 18

StrongTree

Hey Red...

super silver haze and SAGE are currently flowering

Attachments

• IMG_2089.jpg
    IMG_2089.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2091.jpg
    IMG_2091.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 18
R

red23

StrongTree

Fantastic stuff N.Thanks for giving me the full picture.I predict an excellent result:)Keep the photo updates coming
Nice one Red....i see from your journal you are meeting the challenge of lanky sativa in an indoor environment .... looks great!

!

:tiphat:

R

red23

Nice one Red....i see from your journal you are meeting the challenge of lanky sativa in an indoor environment .... looks great!

!

:tiphat:
The importance of posting photos, and,thank you for doing that N.
OE was spotted by the boys as something of a novelty,so I'm letting her do her thing.I think you'll find that Ace's strains give you a lot of room to experiment with growing techniques and subsequently you acquire knowledge for furure use.Thread reading, very important
Great stuff once again N:)

StrongTree

30 day old seedlings - potted up to 7 gallon

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2094.jpg
    IMG_2094.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg