Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Sexing question

Thread Title Search
Sexing question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2020, 12:22 AM #1
praxis13

praxis13 is on a distinguished road
Sexing question

Hello all,

I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I'd appreciate any advice. Please see attached photo... Which is male and female? They were planted at the same time.

Thank you,

P
praxis13 is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2020, 12:31 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Below each pic in your album is a section called BB Code. Just copy and paste all that text into a post and your pic will show up.

I just saw your pic with those 2 little plants. There's no way to tell just yet.

Waiting for Government approval sucks.

Terpene Amplification
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2020, 12:41 AM #3
praxis13

Sorry, here is the images proper

Hopefully this is an easily accessible image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201009_220902161.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	549925

Old 10-10-2020, 12:44 AM #4
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Too early to see it.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:44 AM #5
praxis13

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've added another post with the image which maybe is easier to access (had some problems on mobile).

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on things and keep posting. One thing that's surprising is the size difference between the two. Both have been in basically the same lighting, etc.

Best,

P

Old 10-10-2020, 12:54 AM #6
praxis13

Sorry, one other question, on a tangent...

The plants, as all do, tend to grow towards to the sun... should I rotate the pot to keep them in balance...

Thanks,

P

Old 10-10-2020, 12:55 AM #7
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
How many hours of light are you giving them?
As far as size goes there can be many causes for the difference. May be genetics, may be sex (males tend to be taller and less compact), but there no clear rule. Just make sure they are in 12 hours per day lighting in you want them to flower and then in about 2 to 3 weeks you should see the sex of the plant.
There is no need to rotate them, but there is no harm in doing that if you don't overdo it.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2020, 01:09 AM #8
praxis13

Thanks much. They're getting about 12 hours per day down here near the equator, nix the shadows from buildings. Both seeds came from the same chunk of bud that I bought... Though it was commercial and bricked out so I guess it could've been different plants.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:34 AM #9
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis13 View Post
Hopefully this is an easily accessible image.
Unlike babies (which they are) they don't come with their organs attached. Drop their nickers or boxers in 6 weeks or so and have a look

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2020, 03:42 AM #10
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivor
Don't worry about their sex, they'll make it clear in time for you to kill the boy/s if that's the plan.
GMT is offline Quote