You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Lets grow some weed

Thread Title Search
Lets grow some weed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2020, 10:15 PM #1
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Lets grow some weed

Hello everybody!
Just got a new led (mars hydro TS1000), so let's grow some weed.
I wanted to grow 4 plants and since I want this to be simple and take little of my time I've chosen autos.
We'll use Critical Kush for this first go.

Since the pack had an extra seed in it and to be sure I get at least 4 plants I've put 5 seeds to germinate.

As you can see we got 100% germ rate, so I decided one pot will hold 2 plants. I don't usually do this but 4 pots fit perfectly under the light, 5 not so much.

Pots are 12 liters each, organic soil mix made from lots of good stuff (unfertilised potting soil, peat, coco coir, spaghnum moss, earthworm castings, perlite, vermiculite, pumice, lava rock, zeolite, EM fungi starter, organic pellet fertiliser). Basically I've threw everything I got in there. I may have even forgot some amendaments I used.
As I think I've seen a fungus gnat when I opened the potting soil bag I put some sticky traps up to make sure they won't be a problem. I also sprayed the soil with neem oil mixed with water hoping it will repel any gnats that may be around.
Here is the whole set-up:

Light will be on for 24 hours a day for the first 2-3 weeks. For now it is 12 inch apart from the soil surface and since plants have not come out of the soil yet it is dimmed to 12W (almost minimum power).
I will soon add some vents and an extractor, some soil humidity sensors and maybe other stuff too. We'll see!
Everybody is welcomed here with advice, opinions,questions or just to say hello.
I will try to update the thread about once a week or if something interesting happens.
exploziv is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:36 PM #2
bibi40

bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
Pretty cool mate ,

just run the same and really happy for now !!!
- Sweet seeds 7th competition ( active ) : Killer Kush Auto

- HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

bibi40 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:13 AM #3
DARKSIDER
Official Seed Tester And

DARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant futureDARKSIDER has a brilliant future
Nice clean tidy set up with some nice genetics by the sound of them good luck and happy growing my chair is seated.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:39 AM #4
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Thank you and welcome! My aim with this thread is to show weed can be grown with relatively cheap stuff and not much attention. My patience is not as available as when I was younger, and I learned less is more when growing weed. So hopefully I can just set it up properly and just watch plants grow.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:32 PM #5
exploziv
pure dynamite

The fugnus gnat i wasn't sure I saw was real, there are 3 gnats on the sticky tapes already. So I continued spraying with neem oil and water mix and also ordered 10 liters of pea gravel to put on the soil. If any of you know any other organic gnat control method please share.
The neem oil and water mix seems to stop the flyers in an instant, dunno if it works on larvae too, tho. Hopefully I can control them before they can harm the plants. I can't see any larvae on the soil yet.
I'm starting to regret my decision of not "quarantining" the potting soil like I always do, but I already put the seeds to germ before I realised I don't have enaugh unferted potting soil to fill the pots, so I had to buy some. But I'm sure I can get rid of them.
And for good news.. 2 of the seedlings are already above ground. I expect the others to follow soon. Once they are all out I will post some new pictures.

Later.edit: 4/5 are out of the soil, I only seen one more gnat and no larvae yet. The neem oil seems to work for now. Once the pea gravel is delivered and plants are all out of the soil i will cover the soil so that should end the problem for good.
I set the light at 40W for now.

Last edited by exploziv; 10-07-2020 at 12:20 PM..

Old 10-08-2020, 05:26 PM #6
exploziv
pure dynamite

As I said, 100 % germ rate.No sign of any more fungus gnats flyers and no larvae seen yet. The neem oil seems to work for now. Also, the pea gravel is ready to be put over the soil surface once the seedlings get a stronger stem. I don't want to risk breaking them with the gravel, especially since the gnats seem to have dissapeared for now.
I have installed soil humidity meters in 2 of the pots and I am reading room atmospheric pressure, relative humidity and temperature and also calculating VPD.
I have been lazy, no ventilation yet. But it will come.
See you laters!

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:45 AM #7
bibi40

bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
Cool !!!
babies start their life !!!
- Sweet seeds 7th competition ( active ) : Killer Kush Auto

- HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

bibi40 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:09 PM #8
dimodz
Elite StrainCloneHunter

dimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud ofdimodz has much to be proud of
i will take a seat here

H
ybridsFromHell

dimodz is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2020, 12:41 PM #9
tobedetermined

tobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv View Post
and I learned less is more when growing weed.
That's the best advice you can give any new grower. But I guess we all just have to learn it for ourselves.

Nice clean setup. Good luck!

Old 10-09-2020, 01:29 PM #10
Chevy cHaze
Out Of Dankness Cometh Light

Chevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant futureChevy cHaze has a brilliant future
Sooo subbed good Sir!
Nice one and keep them coming. Cheap and not much attention? Tell me about it hahaha, so good.
Regarding the VPD... 15 seems a hell of a lot?

Best of luck brother
CC

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is online now Quote