What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

your favorite utensil

vanilla dutch

mine is either a steak knife or a grapefruit spoon.any unique utensils you guys like.i got the munchies and this is the best idea i could come up with.especially considering this is an international forum

Last edited:

Gry

George Washington had terrible teeth, which always haunted him.
Ice cream gave him relief. He was a very wealthy man,
can recall reading there was one year in which he spent more
than 200 dollars on Ice Cream. Can not even imagine what that would have represented in that era.
The spoon gets my vote.

Last edited:

Nannymouse

No idea, we use so many gadgets. The turkey baster wins the prize for best implement for both kitchen and houseplant use.

Strainers get used a lot.

Betterhaff

Veteran
A spatula I paid less than a buck for on a camping trip years ago. She’s about run her course but I’ll tell you with the flip she has I’ve turned many, many dozen eggs. Has the flex and blade, and I’m going to miss her...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
No idea, we use so many gadgets. The turkey baster wins the prize for best implement for both kitchen and houseplant use.

Strainers get used a lot.

Yup. Standard equipment for making butter. I have figured out to put the strainer down into the butter/mash (in the rice cooker), and just draw the butter with a baster from the inside of the mesh. Add more water, heat a little longer, butter rises to the top, repeat as needed. No need to try to squeeze the liquids out of the mash this way (no cheesecloth, no squishing mash in the strainer.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have two. My trusty kitchen knife and some tongs, which are really a medical instrument that looks like a giant pair of tweezers. I forget what they are called, but they are awesome for grilling or grabbing small things with precision. If I had to give up all my gadgets but two, those are the two I'd keep.

shithawk420

Veteran
Chopsticks.handsdown.and a good chefs knive.all you will ever need.good thread dude! Oh! And a seasoned cast iron skillet.oh,I thought I was in the munchie mansion for a sec! Lol I still stand by it though!