Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Do YOU Consider CBN Rich (Comatose in 15min after toking) Cannabis 'Potent' Cannabis?

Thread Title Search
Do YOU Consider CBN Rich (Comatose in 15min after toking) Cannabis 'Potent' Cannabis? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2019, 07:29 PM #1
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Do YOU Consider CBN Rich (Comatose in 15min after toking) Cannabis 'Potent' Cannabis?

Decades long toker, long time poster here...

I grew up in prohibition land, and my choices of cannabis were usually "Headies" or "Couchlock." Since I already suffer from ADHD, autism and a few other quirks, I've always pursued the more functional "Headies" strains.

The "Couchlock" strains I remember were super stoney, definitely non-productive for me, but did not "Knock you out" 15min after toking.

The last what... 5-10 years? I've noticed a growing trend of people calling overripe, horribly CBN rich cannabis "really potent." I'm talking cannabis nobody can stay awake from after only 2-3 tokes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this kind of cannabis when I'm hurt, sick or reaaaally need to sleep immediately. I just prefer staying awake through life and experiencing my cannabis throughout the day.

What's the deal? Does anyone remember growing up with CBN rich sleepy weed as "the potent stuff" when you were a kid? Did this trend start somewhere specific?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:33 PM #2
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivorSunshineinabag is a survivor
No in fact headies we're smoked at shows for an uplifting experience.....if I went to see Jerry and the boys and fell asleep 15 min into the first set I'd be really pissy!
Jerries berries for example....great headies cultivar back then

Old 05-28-2019, 09:00 PM #3
Cvh

Cvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivorCvh is a survivor
A few years ago I found some Amnesia Haze bud that I stored improperly in a baggie 7 years before.
I wanted to throw it away. I took it out of the baggie and it was brown, it also looked like that all the trichomes melted together in tiny dark brown droplets on the bud. I squeezed it and it smelled like hash. A very different smell then the typical sweet Amnesia Haze smell.

It looked like droplets of hash and smelled like hash so I smoked it.

I got hit with a heavy mind and body numbing sickly stoned unpleased (for me) feeling. I dragged myself to the couch and mere moments later I was K.O.

I didn't like it.
Cvh is online now Quote

Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 AM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Indeed, music is better with cannabis you can stay awake on. lol

CVH, that's definitely heavy CBN from the degraded THC. lol Keep that junk around for the next time you're super sick and just need to rest. I remember that superflu going around 5-6 years ago or something. All over body aches for weeks. That's when I want the sleepy stuff. lol

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:13 AM #5
festerous

festerous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud of
If you want couch lock you should try heroin.
If you want to get high and experience the universe you should find some real weed!
festerous is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:11 AM #6
Chunkypigs
have clones, will travel...

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Decades long toker, long time poster here...

I grew up in prohibition land, and my choices of cannabis were usually "Headies" or "Couchlock." Since I already suffer from ADHD, autism and a few other quirks, I've always pursued the more functional "Headies" strains.

The "Couchlock" strains I remember were super stoney, definitely non-productive for me, but did not "Knock you out" 15min after toking.

The last what... 5-10 years? I've noticed a growing trend of people calling overripe, horribly CBN rich cannabis "really potent." I'm talking cannabis nobody can stay awake from after only 2-3 tokes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this kind of cannabis when I'm hurt, sick or reaaaally need to sleep immediately. I just prefer staying awake through life and experiencing my cannabis throughout the day.

What's the deal? Does anyone remember growing up with CBN rich sleepy weed as "the potent stuff" when you were a kid? Did this trend start somewhere specific?
Can you show any test results for this "overripe, horribly CBN rich cannabis " you are describing?

I've looked at thousands of test results in the last 8-10 years, mostly from the emerald cup and other competitions, and never come across even one with high CBN numbers.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 07:56 AM #7
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
Can you show any test results for this "overripe, horribly CBN rich cannabis " you are describing?

I've looked at thousands of test results in the last 8-10 years, mostly from the emerald cup and other competitions, and never come across even one with high CBN numbers.
Nope, haven't seen any but I"m sure they exist. Can't see any reason competition growers would be entering cannabis like this. Can you?

Same effect with every late harvest plant I've seen with mass amber trichomes. Same effect from over decarbed cannabis, same effect from old, old (over decarbed again) cannabis.

I'm sure there are plenty of test results on these, just not from competition entries.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:19 PM #8
Chunkypigs
have clones, will travel...

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Nope, haven't seen any but I"m sure they exist. Can't see any reason competition growers would be entering cannabis like this. Can you?

Same effect with every late harvest plant I've seen with mass amber trichomes. Same effect from over decarbed cannabis, same effect from old, old (over decarbed again) cannabis.

I'm sure there are plenty of test results on these, just not from competition entries.
You're sure but can you show even one?

Over decarbed? Really? Thousands of edible tests on multiple sites, show me the over decarbed edibles high in CBN.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 05:11 PM #9
Drewsif

Drewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to beholdDrewsif is a splendid one to behold
Cbn? Dispensary weed is definitely Progeriated through heat and chemical npk attacks,but I recently smoked dispo weed for the first time in years:

Most people are getting faded on nitrate toxicity. I could smell the neem and kushy impostor pinesol perfume haha, but the nutes slipped passed until it was too late.

Nitrate poisoning. You know, the stuff that kills cows out in the real world, but is a myth in fukushimaville? And the tests are cheaper than a thc test but no way to make money off that truth.
Drewsif is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:20 PM #10
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsif View Post
Cbn? Dispensary weed is definitely Progeriated through heat and chemical npk attacks,but I recently smoked dispo weed for the first time in years:

Most people are getting faded on nitrate toxicity. I could smell the neem and kushy impostor pinesol perfume haha, but the nutes slipped passed until it was too late.

Nitrate poisoning. You know, the stuff that kills cows out in the real world, but is a myth in fukushimaville? And the tests are cheaper than a thc test but no way to make money off that truth.
Yep.....toxins.....all the more rationale to GYO.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote