You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Sexing question

Thread Title Search
Sexing question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2020, 06:16 PM #21
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
... I'll buy that

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 10-17-2020, 09:45 PM #22
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeperpark View Post
If those seeds are from the same mother I would say the plant on the right is a male and the one on the left is a female. Females tend to spend a lot of early productivity on making roots to anchor the plant to handle a heavy load of flowers. Males on the other hand spend their early productivity above the ground for a lighter load of flowers.
That works sometimes, but not all the times. If you grow numbers big enaugh of any strain you will find individuals that don't fit the rule on both sexes. So it's best to wait and see.
exploziv is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:40 PM #23
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv View Post
That works sometimes, but not all the times. If you grow numbers big enaugh of any strain you will find individuals that don't fit the rule on both sexes. So it's best to wait and see.
Absolutely!

OTOH, it is nice to have a "clue" to watch for in the early stages as those plants are still babies!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Old 10-18-2020, 12:09 AM #24
praxis13

praxis13 is on a distinguished road
What's next?

Hi,

The insight here has been great, thank you. So many questions I have to ask but I'll try to keep it straightforward. Here is the latest pic. I'm thinking that the tall one is the male? I have a condurum of what to do? Or do nothing and let nature take it's course.

Best,

P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201017_220029938.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	550613
praxis13 is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2020, 12:35 AM #25
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis13 View Post
Hi,

The insight here has been great, thank you. So many questions I have to ask but I'll try to keep it straightforward. Here is the latest pic. I'm thinking that the tall one is the male? I have a condurum of what to do? Or do nothing and let nature take it's course.

Best,

P
Unless you plan on letting them have sex, you can't smoke him. You have ample time to decide, they're babies. He will be strutting around waaaaaaaaaaaay before he blows his load. Relax enjoy the coffee

Old 10-20-2020, 12:33 AM #26
praxis13

Hello all,

Sorry, don't mean to over post but I'm quite intrigued by all this. I've attached another photo and have noticed that the tops of both plants are lightish, white color. Does this mean anything?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20201019_222428444.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	550748

Old 10-20-2020, 06:56 AM #27
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
New growth is always a bit lighter in colour than the rest of the plant. It usuqlly fixes itself in 2-3 days.
But your plants might have some defficiency too, they look a bit too light coloured overall. Unless it's from the camera.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:29 AM #28
praxis13

Color

Hi,

Thanks for the info. They might have a good color, but here is another photo with some different light. They're a fairly dark green color but there's also the houseplant in the background for comparison.

If they do have a deficiency, what would it be of? How would I correct it?

Best,

P
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20201020_222054157.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	550828

Old 10-21-2020, 08:29 AM #29
exploziv
pure dynamite

They are ok for now but look for them getting yellower or showing spors on leaves. It's usually either a lack of nutes (for example nitrogen if they are light green/yellow) or sometimes too much nutrients (for example if they are too dark green, almost with a blue tint). There are charts or pictures that describe all that online. Some threads on the forum as well. Or you can post in the infirmary and get opinion of more experienced growers.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:02 PM #30
praxis13

Would these be spores?

Hello,

Thoughts on the attached? Spores? Do I need to take action?

Thank you,

P
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20201027_205232426.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	551391