Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Mid Western Hemp breeding.

Thread Title Search
Mid Western Hemp breeding. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2020, 02:05 PM #61
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
This reminds me of an older thread here called Seed bombs or something like that.like Leahy would say "a preemptive liquor strike!" LMFAO
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2020, 03:00 PM #62
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Then again farmers can't use Hemp seeds if they produce plants with over 0.03% THC.
Hope none of those Trailer Park Boys pollute Hemp crops with random high THC plants.
Won't take many males to ruin Hemp crops either.
Most hemp grown is monoecious.
mexcurandero420 is online now Quote

Old 10-17-2020, 07:28 PM #63
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
I definitely value your input mex.if anybody would know on the subject it's you.i didn't mean in a sarcastic way.didnt you start the awesome ultimate sativa thread?

Old 10-17-2020, 11:27 PM #64
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Then again farmers can't use Hemp seeds if they produce plants with over 0.03% THC.
Hope none of those Trailer Park Boys pollute Hemp crops with random high THC plants.
Won't take many males to ruin Hemp crops either.
Don't know about the States but in Canada, Hemp crops must be planted with fresh breeder seed every year. No farm-made seed allowed to be grown. So pollinating a field of Hemp with THC males would do nothing to change test results.

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2020, 06:49 AM #65
Big M

Big M is a jewel in the roughBig M is a jewel in the roughBig M is a jewel in the roughBig M is a jewel in the roughBig M is a jewel in the roughBig M is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
Very good post Big M but at this point I don't see a cure in sight.the damage is done.in my opinion.what you said is a good idea but it would take a couple hundred years no?
I was talking more about incorporating some wild genes into domestic strains to give the domestic stuff a better shot at surviving and maturing outdoors on a local basis. Something like making my sativa finish earlier, or my indica being more mold resistant, while mostly resembling the domestic genes. Should be able to get close to that goal in 15-20 generations.

You're right. There really is no cure for wild pollen, at least not a quick one. It would take a long time to change the genetics of all the wild stock into something smokeable. Even then, if it's still growing wild everywhere, wild pollen will still seed our buds.

I think instead of eradicating ditchweed, we should just accept that it will cause some pollination. By using various cultural methods, such as filtered greenhouses, we can minimize pollination. The genetic variation is too valuable to lose by totally eradicating it in my opinion. Still nothing wrong with killing any and all you find within a mile of your grow, but I feel it's important not to drive the beautiful and annoying stuff to extinction.
Big M is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2020, 07:25 AM #66
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexcurandero420 View Post
Most hemp grown is monoecious.
Who said anything about using Hemp as the male pollinator?

Waiting for Government approval sucks.

Terpene Amplification
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2020, 09:36 AM #67
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivormexcurandero420 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
I definitely value your input mex.if anybody would know on the subject it's you.i didn't mean in a sarcastic way.didnt you start the awesome ultimate sativa thread?
Thank you :tip hat:, but it was mota who started the ultimate sativa thread I believe.Originally some hemp varieties in the past could have a THC content of 1-2% and a CBD content of 4-5%.Saw an analyse of 1978 of some Ukrainian varieties, but pity that doesn't count for todays varieties.

Quote:
Who said anything about using Hemp as the male pollinator?
Done that, but pollinating a whole field of monoecious hemp will make no difference since that seed will not be used for the next crop.
mexcurandero420 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:16 PM #68
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M View Post
I was talking more about incorporating some wild genes into domestic strains to give the domestic stuff a better shot at surviving and maturing outdoors on a local basis. Something like making my sativa finish earlier, or my indica being more mold resistant, while mostly resembling the domestic genes. Should be able to get close to that goal in 15-20 generations.

You're right. There really is no cure for wild pollen, at least not a quick one. It would take a long time to change the genetics of all the wild stock into something smokeable. Even then, if it's still growing wild everywhere, wild pollen will still seed our buds.

I think instead of eradicating ditchweed, we should just accept that it will cause some pollination. By using various cultural methods, such as filtered greenhouses, we can minimize pollination. The genetic variation is too valuable to lose by totally eradicating it in my opinion. Still nothing wrong with killing any and all you find within a mile of your grow, but I feel it's important not to drive the beautiful and annoying stuff to extinction.
You don't have to worry about midwest hemp ever going extinct. Millions of seeds lay on the ground in hemp stands. Cops been trying to eradicate it for 50+ years. Birds spread it around in the wild. It would take a nuclear explosion to stop it. You can literally drop seeds somewhere and come back to large plants.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:59 AM #69
shithawk420

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
You don't have to worry about midwest hemp ever going extinct. Millions of seeds lay on the ground in hemp stands. Cops been trying to eradicate it for 50+ years. Birds spread it around in the wild. It would take a nuclear explosion to stop it. You can literally drop seeds somewhere and come back to large plants.
Exactly.if you guys want hemp seeds I got em.for bad or for worse.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:39 AM #70
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant futureG.O. Joe has a brilliant future
The 100% elimination of ditchweed from 95% of rail, creek, ditch, and private areas nearby that it was in 35 years ago suggests someone is wrong.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote