Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Cannabis grafting

Thread Title Search
Cannabis grafting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2020, 05:16 AM #401
Acannademia

Acannademia will become famous soon enoughAcannademia will become famous soon enough
Very interesting.

FWIW, I found that tissue culture which were rooted stored for much longer at 4C. Maybe if you root the cuttings first (e.g. in aero cloner) you could store them for longer. Not sure if that would be advantagious to your needs.
Acannademia is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2020, 06:30 AM #402
JKD

JKD has disabled reputation
Grafting on to a larger rootstock is very interesting to me. If we have a four plant limit I am hoping for 3 mothers and a multi-grafted, perhaps perpetually flowering rootstock. Thanks for your info Darpa.
JKD is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 07:20 PM #403
H e d g e

H e d g e will become famous soon enoughH e d g e will become famous soon enough
Tomacco bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I'm a horticulturalist. Have been for 10 years. Qualified anyway. I have grafted many plants. Give me links to these plants that have been grafted to other families?
https://phys.org/news/2020-09-scientists-enzyme-grafting-families.html
H e d g e is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2020, 07:39 PM #404
ozza

ozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by H e d g e View Post
Well that is cool but was published after my comment. That is real cool.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:43 PM #405
ozza

ozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to allozza is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by H e d g e View Post
After reading it though it seems like the grafts may not have lived much more then a month

Old 09-25-2020, 08:32 AM #406
H e d g e

H e d g e will become famous soon enoughH e d g e will become famous soon enough
‘After reading it though it seems like the grafts may not have lived much more then a month’

Hi ozz! You had me worried for a minute.. tobacco seeds and scalpel in hand .
Just re read it and cant see what you mean?
It says they harvested a tomato from a three month old daisy and that they have worked out the mechanism involved. I suspect we will see inter species grafting gel before long.

"Our latest results regarding the key molecules involved, not just interfamily grafting itself, could help improve plant grafting techniques so that the variety of root systems available to aid crop production can be increased with minimal destruction of ecosystems."

I’m currently attempting to stop a zamal bliss scion that makes you want to roll one trouser leg up and put a gold chain over your t shirt from semi autoflowering by grafting her onto some photoperiodic roots.
But I do like the idea of grafting buds onto hops in the tree tops.
H e d g e is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:28 PM #407
ozza

Quote:
The results showed that Nicotiana, used as either scion or rootstock, succeeded in maintaining grafts for more than a month with 73 species in 38 families.
Its says more then a month. I would love to read the paper.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:32 PM #408
zif

zif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud ofzif has much to be proud of
They’re doing some funky work at Nagoya U!

Check out this seedling grafting ‘chip‘: https://youtu.be/mPArXH3gt7s

Here’s the paper, hopefully: https://sci-hub.st/downloads/2020-08...ce.abc3710.pdf
zif is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:41 PM #409
aliceklar

aliceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nicealiceklar is just really nice

Great thread! Cool science, really informative and innovative. Mind blown
aliceklar is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2020, 03:55 PM #410
Mr.Soloverdi

Mr.Soloverdi is on a distinguished road
One of the best thread i'd ever seen!thanks for sharing your experiments guys!!

Mr.Soloverdi is offline Quote