Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

Thread Title Search
Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2020, 09:48 PM #311
calaveras

calaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the rough
Report from the frontlines: The sheriff apparently has plenty of money for helicopters again this year. Last week a nice shiny blue chopper came to pay me a visit and make sure I was doing alright. They stayed long enough to get a head count (12) and a few pictures. They next flew to a abandoned formerly legal site that got a lot of attention last year but has remained empty. Next, get this, they came back to my patch , apparently believing there must be more, flying around but finding nothing. Most years one flyby is normal. They definitely have my GPS coordinates. It is funny they never check my neighbors who have more growing than I ever have.
The big surprise came today when I heard distant helicopter sounds and they went straight to my patch, hovered for a while, flew to the abandoned site previously mentioned and then, yes once again, flew back over my grow site the checked out my orchard to look for plants. There was nothing for them to see or find, just tomatoes.
Growbusters usually raid sites with at least a few hundred plants so I feel fairly safe that they would not mess with getting a search warrant for 12 plants but all the attention is somewhat worrisome. I have plenty of land where I could move the potted plants and leave the big ones in the ground. This is a option but I hate to move them from the best , sunniest spot on the ranch.
Growbusters continue to be busy. 4 sites raided last week, 500 to 3000 plants. It is the same almost every week in grow season.
Roadside signs wanting the raids to stop and calls to defund grow busters have popped up. This just shows how grow busters have farmers on edge.
The county supervisors are wanting to put a cannabis tax measure on the ballot.
calaveras is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:52 AM #312
Chunkypigs
have clones, will travel...

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
how many can you grow in Cali now per med card?
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 08-16-2020, 07:00 PM #313
calaveras

calaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the roughcalaveras is a jewel in the rough
Calaveras supervisors recently approved recreational sales from dispensaries which had been medical sales only. This is huge for dispensaries that have been struggling with medical sales. Tourism is big here and tourists love to get a buzz while enjoying nature or a glass of primitivo.
Calaveras county is experiencing a real estate boom. People burnt out on bay area covid and other liberal big city problems are heading for the hills. Working at home is a option for many people and they can sell their S.F. home , buy a nice home on acreage here and bank half a mil. or so. Homeless are few and syringes and feces on the sidewalks are non-existent. Come to think of it there are not a lot of sidewalks either. For me, the bay area is just a place to avoid. The only reason to go to the bay is passing through to get to the beach. San Francisco is a place I hope to visit in the future. I have had lots of good times there. Modern liberal policies have totally ruined a once great city.
Growbusters continue with a record setting year. It seemed last year had about 3 busts per week. This year sometimes cops get 2 per day, all big ones, greenhouses, light dep and full term outdoor crops. Sheriff got over half a million$ for chopper time. That buys a lot of hours in the air. They even brought in a big military helicopter for a inaccessible location.
We are currently experiencing the worst heat wave ever. 104-110 for a week +. I am giving my plants 25-30 gallons of water a day but they take the heat better than I do. The high sierras are one hour away and always a cooler option. The beach is 3 hours away but I don't know what is open with widespread closures.
Plants are budding well and I am looking forward to some fresh smoke.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:41 PM #314
dramamine

dramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to alldramamine is a name known to all
I like reading your reports, calaveras. Hopefully the heat means less pest pressure this year? Best of luck to you.
dramamine is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:07 PM #315
calaveras

Here's what Calaveras sheriffs growbusters do in 3 days. Bust #1 1229 big plants outdoors. Bust #2 201 plants, 7 pounds processed. Bust #3 116 plants, 140 pounds processed, 3 grams heroin, 3 guns. Bust #4 83 plants. The busts have been going on like this all summer.
With all this going on there are a few people who have apparently completed getting approved to grow a legally registered crop again. One former grow site only 100 yards from a highway expanded its area of fencing by double and now has plants visible above a six foot wood fence.
This summer has been particularly hot and smokey. Lots of 105 degree days. The plants take the heat well if watered heavily. The plants are stacking buds nicely with first harvest of Humboldt seed co. Amethyst at the end of the month . I can't say enough good about this variety.

P.S. Kamala likes to lock up pot smokers and growers.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:59 PM #316
calaveras

The county has approved 35 out of the 190 available marijuana grow permits with 75 more in the works. This years commercial harvest is the first legal in 2 years.
Rural residential areas have been complaining about the high helicopter activity this year freaking out animals and just being annoying. A helicopter doesn't need to spend a minute hovering on top of homes with 6 plants looking for more.
I sort of witnessed Calaveras grow busters in action recently . A eradication convoy drove by and went up a neighbors road. 7 or 8 cars and a couple of trailers. I could barely see the site from home a few hundred yards away but I could hear a loudspeaker/bullhorn and see deputies through the trees. There was a lot of smashing sounds like doors being knocked down and things being destroyed. I didn't see the operation when it left to examine their haul but they were at it for a while. This site was a previously registered grow location. This will make them ineligible for new legal operations since they will not be in good standing with the sheriffs dept. New growers that do not try to fit in with their neighbors usually do not stick around long term.

P.S. Kamala hates marijuana when it is politically advantageous to her, and Joe Dementia hates weed also but doesn't remember it

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:34 PM #317
MountZionCollec

MountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of light
https://www.instagram.com/madbfarms/

Licensed farm in Calaveras, they got a late start due to licensing it seems but still looks great, looks like there using a few licenses, both for outdoor and light dep
MountZionCollec is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:16 PM #318
calaveras

Calaveras sheriff grow busters team is still at it. Big poundage of processed buds now confiscated at grow sites since it is harvest time.
One recently raided site has been busted 5X in 3 years. Another site has been busted 4X in 3 years. Apparently the sheriff does not try to confiscate land. Maybe these frequent offenders help the sheriff plump up bust numbers which help justify grant money. Most, but not all of the busts are asian or hispanic names.
There is a marijuana tax measure on the local ballot. A new dispensary has opened on the highway 4 corridor and is located perfectly to intercept touristas looking for some recreational to enhance their wineing and dining and nature walks.
Next year commercial growers should have plenty of time to complete paperwork , jump through hoops and fork over large amounts of $$$ to restart operations placed in limbo for a couple of years. I do not anticipate large problems between growers and locals like the first time commercial growing was implemented. Things will be on a much limited scale than the first time.Some trim work was available locally if you know the right people. The large influx of smelly people apparently found work elsewhere.Greener pastures.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:39 PM #319
Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud ofCrazy Chester has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by calaveras View Post
Report from the frontlines: The sheriff apparently has plenty of money for helicopters again this year. Last week a nice shiny blue chopper came to pay me a visit and make sure I was doing alright. They stayed long enough to get a head count (12) and a few pictures...The big surprise came today when I heard distant helicopter sounds and they went straight to my patch, hovered for a while, flew to the abandoned site previously mentioned and then, yes once again, flew back over my grow site...
Sounds like the other growers who they are not bothering paid them off, but you didn't. Keep those plant numbers correct - that's for sure! Perhaps a lawsuit to deal with the damage caused to you by their gratuitous harassment is in order - or at least a call to LE - saying "Obviously, the plants I have out there now are the only ones that can finish this season - so, you have no legitimate reason to be checking frequently at this time. Do it again and I'll have no choice but to sue you to recover for the damages you caused me."
Crazy Chester is online now Quote