Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Operation Green Merchant-1989- (part 1, long)

Thread Title Search
Operation Green Merchant-1989- (part 1, long) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 03:11 PM #11
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
I remember it very well.

Used to go to Berkeley Indoor Garden.

I took mass transit anyway so not hard to stay anonymous.

October 26, 1989 is the date I remember, for part of the gov. attack on growers.

Also, about the same time, Bush 41 was visiting Colombia, and the Colombian president complained that the US was going after Colombian cocaine and leaving NorCal pot growers alone.

So Bush41 sent a small contingent of US troops, helicopters etc., into Mendo/Humboldt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1lY5jFNcQ

The "Debate".
St. Phatty is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:50 PM #12
gaiusmarius
me

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
Would like to see 11-13 pulled, it contains nothing except the names of innocent people who had the misfortune of dealing with a compromised outfit.
you are of course 100% correct. i deleted the 3 jpgs with the names etc.

we don't allow outing of peoples info at ic mag.

"it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!
gaiusmarius is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:23 AM #13
dr feelzgood

dr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud of
Can someone post up the pics.
dr feelzgood is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2020, 01:24 AM #14
OldSSSCGuy

OldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really nice
Really sucks because at the same time that snitch was shipping for Seed Bank I was shipping from the USA for SSSC - and never ONCE risked any buyer's security or my own. Never ever ever ever.

And ironically given the original thread topic - I was running a hydro store when Green Merchant happened and got visited by the DEA & served with one of their "administrative subpoenas". They were much more concerned with ruining innocent people's lives than anything else.

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:38 AM #15
AspenGas

AspenGas has a spectacular aura aboutAspenGas has a spectacular aura aboutAspenGas has a spectacular aura about
what a nightmare
AspenGas is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2020, 03:12 PM #16
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Paragraph 15 is hard to read. Over a 6 month bid this guy was too weak to do, he squealed and screwed up how many people's lives?

I am trying yo envision the kind of people who become DEA agents and go after pot and potheads. I probably went to HS with some.

The snitch says he started because of back pain, yet the bastards kept dope on schedule I because it has no medicinal benefits.

Why am I never called for jury duty? I would try to talk the other jurors into nullifying a dope law they had somebody charged with.

Edit: This is what the war on drugs has morphed into, a bunch of hiway bandits who steal to support their department budget, their salaries, and pensions. The popo steal more than all the burglaries combined. i wish Trump would deschedule pot.

"Perhaps the rights most abused in the execution of Operation Green Merchant involve personal property and the right to be innocent until proven guilty. The use of forfeiture during the government's prosecution of the Operation has absolutely shredded these basic rights. That store owners could have their businesses seized by federal agents, without there being enough evidence to charge those owners with any criminal activity whatsoever; is a terrifying concept; that people found to be growing marijuana in the privacy of their homes could have those homes seized by government agents before they were ever brought to trial is unconscionable. And yet this was one of the recurring themes of Green Merchant: confiscate property; threaten charges which would bankrupt the defendant to defend; and then make an offer to withdraw the charges if they agree not to fight the forfeiture."

Not just dope. They did something similar to Flynn.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2020, 11:00 PM #17
OldSSSCGuy

OldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really niceOldSSSCGuy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Boggled View Post
Tom Alexander, mentioned above in part one was the publisher of "Sinsemilla Tips" magazine and owner of Full moon garden supply at the time and is now currently founder, owner and editor in chief of Growing edge magazine.
Tom got screwed purple by Green Merchant. As I remember it he had to forfeit his shop and forfeit any revenue or allegiance to Sinsemilla Tips Magazine; his baby and a stellar mag unlike any other publication at the time.

I was managing a grow shop on the day that Green Merchant was launched and got served one their administrative subpoena. Took the job when I stopped shipping SSSC seed.

Almost all the grow shops & hydro companies rolled over like whipped puppies. They gave up their customer records, their shipping records, etc. without fighting at all. All companies except for Worm's Way, who fought every step of the way; and paid dearly for it. They tried to file 100% forfeiture against his multi-store company steal all of his investments, etc. Hell when the DEA raided his home they even searched his kids underwear drawers. Found nothing at all. Not even a single bud or pack of papers. Cost him a very fat 5 digits of $$ to fight the evil scurge; but he did, and ended up doubling the size of the company in a most majestic way.

I handled all their computer equipment at the time. For some wacky reason the DEA was not able to get even one byte of customer info, digitized shipping records, or the mailing lists (cough). Golly gee willikers, data storage was just a mystery to me (cough). I guess something like a sun flare must have happened to all them floopy disks (hey - it was the 90's) with which held said golden bytes of data (cough). By total geek error I fear that all the companies hard drives became irretrievably corrupted somehow (cough). Like someone had run the NSA's blackhat drive wipe protocol on all of them (cough). Danged if data wasn't hard to retain in the 90's (cough). [I should stop smoking I guess.]

Ended up in a deal for him to plead guilty to some lame, made up charges but keep his company. He actually ran the company while in work release. He was a stand-up and fight back guy all the way. Other small store owners just could not afford the legal fees, some big ass companies (like Hydrofarm) rolled over so fast it would spin your head.

The DEA's figures of seizure and operation results were SO off as to be absolutely comical.

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:46 PM #18
dr feelzgood

dr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud ofdr feelzgood has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSSSCGuy View Post
Really sucks because at the same time that snitch was shipping for Seed Bank I was shipping from the USA for SSSC - and never ONCE risked any buyer's security or my own. Never ever ever ever.

And ironically given the original thread topic - I was running a hydro store when Green Merchant happened and got visited by the DEA & served with one of their "administrative subpoenas". They were much more concerned with ruining innocent people's lives than anything else.
Do you know what south african sssc used in there south african x haze.
dr feelzgood is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2020, 09:41 PM #19
Skinny Leaf

Skinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to allSkinny Leaf is a name known to all
The grow shop I was using back in the 90's made it into High Times when the DEA came harassing. It was my first store bought hydro kit. Really nice couple just trying to make a living. The topic of Operation Green Merchant gets brought up from time to time when I am in the shop. Although, I haven't visited with him in a year.

He told us about the DEA. But, we used our company vans during the middle of the day to pick up supplies. Then drove all over the city running service calls with the equipment. If they were going to follow us they were going to be driving alot. We were just personal growers anyway.

https://archive.hightimes.com/articl...erchant-update

Need a subscription to read the article unless you have a touch screen to blow it up.
Skinny Leaf is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2020, 11:49 PM #20
OldSSSCGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr feelzgood View Post
Do you know what south african sssc used in there south african x haze.

You must be thinking of some other seed bank my friend. I do not remember SSSC ever offering any Haze variant at all.