What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

H

Hal

Thanks chronic50...

They ain't the baseball bats that atmosphere grows...but they should keep me on the happy side of the street for awhile.

G

Hal said:
Hey rkrone...

We love the experiments! what are the dimensions of your cab? What kind of light? Hopefully that little tike turns out to be a girl, eh?

i wanna say the dimensions are 5inx5inx12in, i dont have a tape measure

the light in there is 1 23watt red spectrum cfl

and fingers crossed for it to be female

G

hal, nice plants man.

did you coerse them into growing straight up by trimming or is that their natural growth pattern under 12/12

H

Hal

Hey rkrone...

Thanks my friend, thats just the way they grew, which is the tendency for plants grown under 12/12 from the get-go.

Lofty

Hi stihgnobevoli, wat i mean is than these seedsa came out of wet tissue and went in to my VEG room for out 5 days as i was just going to grow them big b4 putting them into flower. then wen i say the thread i thought i'd hav a go and put them in my grow room on 12/12. however i read later in the thread atmosphere saying that its important to get them under strong lite from day 1.

i didnt do this as mine were under 4 18w flo's, thats the 5 days i'm talking bout. i know there still vegging on 12/12 but the lite is much stronger. :wave:

Lofty

nice bubbles there hal, u cud hav an average 1oz each, i'd b happy with 20g per plant in mine doing 12/12 seeds.

H

Hal

Hey rkrone...

That is, without a doubt, the SMALLEST cab that I have seen to date! Keep us posted, damn dude, you can write up a sticky on growing inside your glove compartment in your car.

Lofty....

All I can say is "I hope like hell that your are a good guesser!!!" I would be so happy to get a zip off each one. Happy happy Joy joy.

G

rkrone's micro cab

that is the link to my grow diary of the micro cab

and another pic to get a sense of scale

thats a standard 80mm pc fan

glove compartment grow sticky to follow :D

Last edited:
H

Hal

'Sup Supa...

22 days sprout to showing sex + 63 days flower = 85 days, for this strain.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i cant tell just how big those plants are with nothing to reference it Hal. but my eyeball skills say prolly about a 1/2 oz dry from each plant. maybe up to 3/4 you can expect to lose 75% - 80% of weight to water.

H

Hal

they range between 39" and 31", I put that in the report. I'm also guessing between 1/2 and 3/4 of an ounce. It is always depressing watching the plants shrink as they get dry...I guess you probably get used to it after a while, but this is only my 3rd harvest...and it hurts so bad.

Lofty

but doent shrink and they dont lose water, it's stoner mice i'm sure of it, wen i hang my stash up i've got enough for months but the little f*****s get in there some how and party on, they spend a week getting stoned every nite and my stash is about a quarter of wat i started with HEHEHE lol.

i once did some tests years ago where i put a but on the scales straight off the plant then dried and trimmed it, out of 4 of the biggest buds they all ended up between 6-8 times lighter than they started. i've tried drying them in water, made no diff.

@ Hal : Are you sur eyou didn't harvest to early ? Your plants should at least show some yellow leaves. deep green leaves on th eplant show that they are still doing lots of fotosyntheses . In thier last weeks it might look like they don't do very much ,buts thats not true because they are producing more raisin . Its the raisin that will detemine the dry weight for an important part !!

Those Northern lights are real Indica's , so thats why they did grow so different i believe .

When you use fluro's jou can do a good job in the first 3 weeks when you bring them very close to the plants , at not more than 1 inch distance !

G

green leaves could also mean an abundance of nitrogen still left in the plants,

-HAL, did you flush or just chop?

H

Hal

Oh...the shrinking continues. Much worse on these than the Northern Lights I grew last time.

Atmosphere...

I might have harvested a bit early, but not by much. Given the rate at which the plants added bud weight toward the end, I doubt that they would have added much if I let them go one more week. Part of the reason I harvested at day 63 was impatience, I ran out of good bud a few weeks ago....although that isn't a good reason, because I have stopped smoking for a few weeks while I am looking for a job and might be required to take a drug test. I think the main reason the bud development was lacking on these plants is 1) the plants got too tall and wide for the CFL's to penetrate with any intensity, and 2) the containers I was growing in were too small. That is interesting what you say about the weight being the result of resin build up on the buds, and not the actual bud greenery growing to add the weight. How would you know that this is true...has anyone ever measured this?

Still, I'm guessing that I will get about an average of a half ounce per plant, and that will get me stoned for a while, I don't need to smoke much to catch the buzz I like.

rkrone...

The leaves had just started to turn yellow, only some of them, but I guess that is how that process goes...certain leaves begin turning yellow before others. I did flush, 3 weeks at least, so that wasn't the problem. I was surprised that the leaves didn't yellow more considering the long flush I gave them. Elephant Man seemed to think that when using organic nutrients the yellowing doesn't happen to the same degree as when chemical nutes are used, at least in his experience.

G

1/2 oz off those plants each...very nice

a friend of mine after seeing my 12/12 micro cab and this thread has decided to dedicate his first hydro grow to be a 12/12 from seed. a bit different setup but 12/12 from seed nontheless.

i wonder if there will be a major difference in growth in a DWC as compared to your soil pots??

Latest posts

Latest posts