What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Industrial Hemp in Oregon

PDX Dopesmoker

One of the folks who grows Industrial Hemp in Oregon dropped me off a sample of their product. This is Pineberry CBD, its good tasting stuff with a sour berry candy kind of flavor in the smoke thats not too strong, but strong enough to give it some character to go along with the pretty colors. Pretty much buzz free smoke as far as I could tell after only one bowl, it might have caused a little delayed onset of the big THC edible I ate before smoking the hemp.
25yX5BA.jpg

slUqdK7.jpg

Absolutely A+ product. The CBD end of the cannabis breeding world has really come far over the past 5 years or so.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats cool as can be. I want to grow CBD hemp so I don't have to pay for oil. Thanks for sharing your experience pdx! :smoke:

R

Robrites

Hemp Or Weed?

Hemp Or Weed?

BOISE — Idaho State Police officials say troopers made the biggest marijuana bust in the agency’s known history after a semi-truck allegedly filled with nearly 7,000 pounds of marijuana plants was stopped between Boise and Mountain Home.
ISP spokesman Tim Marsano said Tuesday the truck from Portland was stopped on Jan. 24 as part of a routine, random commercial vehicle safety inspection. The driver’s bill of lading — a document that details the cargo in the shipment — said the trailer was carrying 31 bags of hemp.
Hemp and marijuana plants look and smell very similar to one another, but hemp plants typically contain less than 0.3 percent of THC — the psychoactive chemical in marijuana — while marijuana plants generally contain anywhere from 15 to 40 percent THC. The plants also have different uses: Hemp can be used to produce a variety of products including food, industrial oil, paper, flour and clothing. Marijuana plants are often grown for their THC content, and are legal in Oregon, Washington and several other states but illegal in Idaho.
The trooper detected a strong odor of marijuana during the inspection, and so opened one of the bags and performed a field test, Marsano said. The field test showed the plant to be a marijuana plant, and a subsequent team of K9 drug-detection dogs that arrived also indicated that marijuana was present, he said.

Marsano could not say how low of a THC content will generate a positive result by the field tests or whether the dogs were trained to differentiate between marijuana or hemp, however. Still, he said transporting anything containing THC is a chargeable offense in Idaho.
"Between the field test and the K9 indication, Idaho State Police feel strongly that the load was actually marijuana and not hemp," Marsano said. "However, we have sent a sample of the load to an independent laboratory for further analysis."
The driver, 36-year-old Dennis V. Palamarchuk of Portland, has been charged with felony drug trafficking, Marsano said. It was not immediately known if he has obtained an attorney.
"This is the largest seizure of marijuana by the Idaho State Police in anyone's memory," Marsano said.
In total, the plants seized from the truck weighed 6,701 pounds, he said. If the plants do test positive as marijuana, the seizure will dwarf totals seized by the ISP for each of the past five years. For instance, in 2014, the state police seized roughly 319 pounds of marijuana. Total seizures remained below 1,000 pounds for the next two years, reaching a total of 2,131 pounds in 2018, Marsano said.
Marsano said he did not know when the independent lab would complete testing on the plants.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-.../idaho-state-police-make-35-ton-pot-bust.html

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its illegal to transport anything containing THC in Idaho? Enough of the reefer madness! Make America FREE Again! :smoke:

Thanks for sharing!

Is there anywhere online that sells spagyric extraction of Oregon CBD Seed's plants?'

I really like the Washington's Reserve oil! Lots of terpenes and flavinoids in it! Much better than Charolette's web oil which has no terpenes.

www.washingtonsreserve.com

Tavish

Is there any thread for outdoor hemp equipment experience or recommendations?

Tilling, sowing, harvesting combines etc.

>100 acres

gorilla ganja

There are a few good vid's on you-tube. They are mostly geared toward harvesting for seed or fiber though.I see a lot of innovation and opportunity in the next few years in this area.
A dedicated thread on this subject sounds like a good idea,

Peace GG

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
My weed farm is Black Owl Farm but I was lucky enough to grow those purple pineberry buds from Oregon CBD with Willamette Valley Hemp Farm last year. We grew it all organic and it came out amazing. Smells like dank chronic. Thank you Oregon CBD! Hands down best fucking CBD genetics around.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

R

Robrites

Company sues over seizure of product it says is hemp

Company sues over seizure of product it says is hemp

BOISE — A company has filed a lawsuit against the Idaho State Police and Ada County after authorities seized nearly 7,000 pounds of cannabis from a truck headed to Colorado.
The Idaho Statesman reported Friday that authorities say the product seized was marijuana but Big Sky Scientific LLC says it is industrial hemp.
Hemp is a non-psychoactive cousin of marijuana and is protected under the recently passed 2018 Farm Bill.
The Idaho State Police has sent a sample of the product to a lab for testing.
https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-.../idaho-state-police-make-35-ton-pot-bust.html

Idaho State police make 3.5-ton pot bust
The truck from Portland was stopped on Jan. 24 as part of a routine, random commercial vehicle safety inspection.

The truck's driver, 36-year-old Dennis Palamarchuk of Portland, Oregon, has been charged with a felony.
Palamarchuk told authorities he was on his way to Colorado with the shipment.
Big Sky wants its product returned and wants an admission of wrongdoing from the Idaho authorities.
-- The Associated Press

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For heaven's sake! Like someone would take medicinal cannabis and leave it in bags in the back of a truck! Thats industrial hemp when you do that. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been taking Washington's Reserve spagyric extracted cbd twice a day and it helps! What a blessing to have this plant! I just started taking cbd at the beginning of the year. My dogs all love it! Its a treat to them, the unflavored cannabis hemp oil on their food! I know its good medicine for them. We do long walks and it reduces joint inflammation.

Wow! Thanks for sharing the shots of your farm and the pineberry CBD hemp! Plants look really productive! I want some of those buds! Does anyone extract Oregon CBD seed hemp? I wonder if CBD buds are legal here. I think its just the oil.

I have been having a few firsts lately. Hemp milk is amazing. Its like almond milk only much better! Mix it with whole milk its great!

I also bought some hemp seed oil to cook with. Its darker yellow/green and tastes a little nutty, but its not overpowering at all. Essential proteins and Omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids are in there!

I have been eating hemp protein regularly for a few years now and I have gotten a lot stronger and healthier! I eat organic hemp protein powder all day every day. Helps keep your energy up doing hard work. Its great in home made trail mix of peanuts, organic raisins, organic oatmeal, and organic hemp powder! After dinner I always have organic oatmeal with organic hemp protein powder, peanut butter, organic raisins, and organic greek yogurt. I love HEMP! :smoke:
picture.php

picture.php

OregonBorn

Boycott Idaho!

BOISE — A company has filed a lawsuit against the Idaho State Police and Ada County after authorities seized nearly 7,000 pounds of cannabis from a truck headed to Colorado.
The Idaho Statesman reported Friday that authorities say the product seized was marijuana but Big Sky Scientific LLC says it is industrial hemp.
Hemp is a non-psychoactive cousin of marijuana and is protected under the recently passed 2018 Farm Bill.
The Idaho State Police has sent a sample of the product to a lab for testing.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-.../idaho-state-police-make-35-ton-pot-bust.htmlView Image
Idaho State police make 3.5-ton pot bust
The truck from Portland was stopped on Jan. 24 as part of a routine, random commercial vehicle safety inspection.

The truck's driver, 36-year-old Dennis Palamarchuk of Portland, Oregon, has been charged with a felony.
Palamarchuk told authorities he was on his way to Colorado with the shipment.
Big Sky wants its product returned and wants an admission of wrongdoing from the Idaho authorities.
-- The Associated Press

PDX Dopesmoker

My weed farm is Black Owl Farm but I was lucky enough to grow those purple pineberry buds from Oregon CBD with Willamette Valley Hemp Farm last year. We grew it all organic and it came out amazing. Smells like dank chronic. Thank you Oregon CBD! Hands down best fucking CBD genetics around.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Great looking photos, great looking farm, that Pineberry looks like a real performer.

OregonBorn

WTF? They sell hemp seeds and hemp oil here at Grocery Outlet. Edibles are all over Oregon, Colorado, Washington and California. I would buy pure CBD crystals if you cannot buy edibles in Maine. I buy pure CBD isolate crystals (100% CBD) through the mail from Colorado from CBDistillery.

I wonder if Grocery Outlet sells hemp seed and oil in Idaho as well? Then the state police have a lot of busts to do there! And Maine will have to pull all the hemp food products from shelves, as they contain CBD.

F'ing governments...

OregonBorn

This is snowballing now

This is snowballing now

Other states and cities are following suit on banning the sale of edibles with CBD now. Likely THC will follow. Ohio and North Carolina are now banning sales of CBD in food. Also NYC did the same thing today, along with DC. The FDA is also taking matters into their own hands raiding some stores selling CBD edible products. They did that at a store in Arizona in January.

So it seems that we have a new gov't war on Cannabis edibles on our hands, this time with the FDA. According to the FDA (sounding and acting much like the DEA):

"It’s unlawful under the FD&C Act to introduce food containing added CBD or THC into interstate commerce, or to market CBD or THC products as, or in, dietary supplements, regardless of whether the substances are hemp-derived. This is because both CBD and THC are active ingredients in FDA-approved drugs and were the subject of substantial clinical investigations before they were marketed as foods or dietary supplements. Under the FD&C Act, it’s illegal to introduce drug ingredients like these into the food supply, or to market them as dietary supplements. This is a requirement that we apply across the board to food products that contain substances that are active ingredients in any drug.”

Last edited:

Yatramanu

Is this the invisible hand of Big Pharma? CBD cutting too deeply into their "pain" med sales?

In Maine you can still purchase CBD products as part of the medical marijuana program as long as you have a medical card.