What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregonians smoke the second most marijuana in the U.S.

R

Robrites

http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/06/oregonians_smoke_the_second_mo.html#comments

Oregonians smoke the second most marijuana in the U.S.

20635778-mmmain.jpg

Edgar Diaz of Salem takes part in the march. Hundreds marched in Portland's 17th annual Global Cannabis March, May 7, 2016 through downtown Portland. Although medical and recreational marijuana are legal in Oregon, activists say there is still much work that needs to be done to "free the weed." (Kristyna Wentz-Graff/The Oregonian/Oregonlive.com)

Print Email
By Lizzy Acker | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 23, 2016 at 3:45 PM

In a development that will come as a surprise to basically no one, 24/7 Wall St. said today that Oregon smokes the second most marijuana of any state in the United States. Guess who's number one?
Yeah, it's Colorado. Don't worry, guys. We'll get there.
To determine who smokes the most cannabis, 24/7 Wall St. looked at "the percentage of people 12 years and over who reported smoking marijuana in the past year" in surveys from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, conducted in 2013 and 2014.
Those years might have something to do with the fact that Oregon isn't number one yet. It's only been legal to sell cannabis in Oregon since Oct. 1 of 2015.

24/7 Wall St. throws in a few other weed-related stats, like number of drug users, first-time marijuana users, use in the past month, perceptions of risk and maximum fines for possession.
About Oregon, they write that "nearly one in five people aged 12 and older in Oregon have used pot in the past year."
In Oregon, the perception of marijuana is also much less negative than it is elsewhere in the country: "Only 18.3% of state residents 12 years and older perceive a great risk in using marijuana once a month, far lower than the 27.8% nationwide share."
If you want proof that marijuana use is becoming more and more acceptable in Oregon, look no further than today's ruling in Eugene that Lane County was wrong to fire a 60-year-old prostate cancer survivor for his off-the-clock medical marijuana use.

Keep it up guys. Maybe next year we'll be number one.

http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/06/oregonians_smoke_the_second_mo.html

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colorado will always be the highest state in the nation... it doesn't matter how much we consume. Jejeje

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im rihgt there with you, oldchuck

im willing to doing my part to put california on top

Betterhaff

Veteran
Where did Vermont come in on that? We should be pretty high. Well, I am anyway.
To determine who smokes the most cannabis, 24/7 Wall St. looked at "the percentage of people 12 years and over who reported smoking marijuana in the past year"

1 - Colorado
2 - Oregon
3 - Vermont
4 - Alaska
5 - Washington
6 - Maine
7 - Rhode Island
8 - Massachusetts
9 - New Hampshire
10 - New Mexico
11 - Michigan
12 - California

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2016/06/23/states-smoking-the-most-marijuana/

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i live in the eugene, oregon area and i can ride my bike in any neighborhood in town any time of the year and smell fresh flowering bud.

forget about the end of summer and early fall when this entire end of the valley reeks.

when you can do that you might have some bragging rights!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I can grow outside year round in san diego...yeehaw suck it hatrz...cali is #1.......but I guess if your stuck inside due to the cold you might toke more,,,its really hard to surf/kayak and smoke but hey we get it done...

oldchuck

Veteran
So, we are number three. I thought we must be right up there. I'll point out that weed is legal in Colorado and Oregon and here it is not. I also see that California is far down the list. All New England is higher, and higher.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ha ha and having lived in maine ,Vermont,.mass I can def say there are plenty of tokers there too...yeehaw..almost everyone I knew in mass smoked and donated their money to me lol

Latest posts

Latest posts