What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Cannabutter yeild?*

sweetsensi

I'm going to bake some cookies for the first time i'm yet to make the cannabutter but was wondering what the ratio is after you strain the cooked ganja/butter through the cheesecloth for example if i use 4 sticks of butter (one lb.) how much cannabutter will i be left with for cooking once all is said and done? i'm worried i wont have enough cannabutter left to cook with.

i plan on using about an ounce of fresh buds and about 3 and 1/2 sticks of butter roughly how much cannabutter will i be left with? if the recipe calls for a lb. of butter and i only have a half lb. of cannabutter can i do 1/2 canna and 1/2 regular butter or will it affect the potency?

any help would be great thanks.:1help:

E

EvilTwin

Hi SS,
One area that most cannabutter reciplies are weak on is advice on how to get the butter back out of the leaf material. The butter will mostly absorb into the leaf and you need to aggressively persue it.

If you don't squeeze and merely strain...you'll lose well over half of the butter.

The technique that I used to use involves a piece of strong fabric like from an old T-shirt. Then ball up the greenery and twist and squeeze to get as much of the butter out as possible.

A potatoe ricer works well too. And I usually run more hot water over it and then squeeze twice.

You'll still lose about 1/4 of the butter. Just can't be avoided.

yes, you can add some regular butter but it will lessen the potency of the cookies.

The butter will only be as good as the material you put into them. so don't just use a bunch of crappy stems and expect good cookies. I leave all stems out and use top leaves and even some popcorn buds.

Have fun...
ET