What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

무당님 물 많이 줬죠...

squib

So these are my low matinence little ones: Korean landrace (pure wild) no ferts, Scotts premium potting soil (lowes...cheap) N .07%, Phoshate .01% and Potash .03%, mixed with some topsoil from our garden and watered with brita filtered water about every 4 days. 2 weeks old here and the leaves are drooping...And they are under the sun which hasn't been overly bright.

Overwatering right?

Blackmelo

The leaves don't really look too droopy yet to me.

The plants do look extremely weak though...

Although cannabis is easy to grow, you cannot just grow it, expecting bud, without any knowledge at all.

It sounds like you have no knowledge about it yet so try and read a cannabis grow book/guide first.

G

They look slighty ovwerwatered to me. IE if you keep doing whatever your doing they will get worse. They also look like they need more oxygen at the roots. Are you letting the soil dry out a little before watering?

stealthballer

brita water filter may not be best thing to be using, there are trace minerals in tap water that can actually be quite helpful at times. And yes its looks to be over watering a touch.

squib

ummm...Blackmelo dont you think it's a bit soon to throw down the "you have no knowledge" line...?
Simply because I'm growing without your setup dosen't mean I am void of knowledge. I studied this as seriously as anything. Throwing comments around about people's knowledge levels based on their growing setup is ridiculous. Please try to keep in mind there are endless other factors that work into a grow, class being a main one.
Regardless of my knowledge unless you send me one of your personal bottles of biobizz grow and a squirel fan Im limited to what my $$$ allows.
Thought about Not calling you out, but I'm not going to simply 'rise above' your statement and hold my tounge because Im tired of this elite view of cannabis. This 'grow right or be criticized' mentality.
And lastly, calling you a bit further out, have you ever seen Korean landrace or heard about it...:confused:...the online community is literally overlooking landrace genetics. everyone wants it, no one's has it, no one gets it. If it is found I bet the authenticity is questioned. So from someone that has seen Korean landrace at fall harvest provide year round for us, I should let you know that you CAN just grow it, expecting bud. and we do. Yes Im new to indoor growing. I didnt need a book. I needed advice.
:rant:

HazeToker, Verite: I will airate the soil when i transplant and hold off on the water a bit thanks for the help.

here are a few side by side between korean and a genetically selected grapefruit. The korean is on the right and you can see that it is not the cookie cutter cannabis leaf we are used to seeing. the leaves are gritty and not so crisp as the gened is. Is that what makes my plants look weak? Or are they actually weak?

Last edited:
G

Honestly, in those new pics they dont look so bad. I was looking at the stems and thought they were kinda weak. Could be cause im used to hydro(havent grown in soil in years) with 1k mh and my stems are fat as fuck by the time they get to their true leaves. When are you planning the transplant? They do need more airation. Fix that and watch your watering and they should be quite alright.

stretchpup

Still under sunlight?

Did you germ the seeds under a small flouro? They look good now, and ready for a little food I'm thinking.

squib

so if I boiled some brown kelp and added some molasses would that do he trick for feeding? Not looking for anything store bought, I want to see what these can do without the 'pumping' effect of store bought nutes. Trying to understand the limits of these beans so $$$ aside I think I can glean a lot of knowledge about them through this run.
I will transplant them straight into the earth in about 2 weeks. Do you think I should transplant and airate before then?
also completely off topic and this thread is becoming awkward in this forum any way to move it to the grow section?

Last edited:

Blackmelo

squib, what i said was meant in your best interest. I still mean what I said and I meant no offence. Others have just elaborated a bit more which is what I should have done but seriously, in my opinion knowing a little bit about the soil you are using is worth more than investing in all kinds of expensive equipment not knowing what you are doing.

I could just tell by your pics you have not researched the soil enough and hence my advice.

Put your pride aside and listen to me. At the end of the day it is your plants, I am not affected, you are. I just wanted to help you out.

Here is mel frank and ed rosenthals grow guide in case you are interested:

http://www.marijuanagirls.com/MarijuanaFree/MarijuanaGrowGuide.html

boyojoo

안녕 하세요.방가 방가

안녕 하세요.방가 방가

조금 허전 했는데 이 사이트에서 한국분을 접하니 너무나도 반가워요. 저는 가입한지 얼마되지 않아서 아는게 별로 없어 내가 원하는 성과는 없지만 이것이나마 다행이라 생각하고 있어요. 지금 자라고 있는 종류는 white widow, ak48, 불루 미스틱, 파파야, 화이트 롸이노,덜반 poison,바블리슈,and the skunk1 인데 모두다 암스터댐에서 보내온 씨앗들 입니다. 네가 있는곳에 가까이 계시고 관심이 있으시면 나눠드리고 싶고 나도 다른 좋은 종류들을 try 하고 싶네요. 내가 영어가 좀 부족하니 post 에 한글로 올려주시면 서로의 암호로 알고 관심있게 살펴서 자세한 정보 교환 하고 싶네요. 지금 try 하시는것 잘기르세요.

squib

cheer on the noob...

cheer on the noob...

Im sure you will see this bumped often due my own lack of treating problems.

So after some bites on them I did the neem treatment. Problem is that I didn't know the ratio of neem to water when I sprayed them. So now I've destroyed some of the leaf tissue with concentrated neem. Yellow spotting where the oil residue is still on the leaf as well as 3 who's leaves have totally curled and dried a bit after the treatment. Is this likely? The 3 small ones in the overhead shot are the curled leafers. 2 of the larger ones have the yellow spots with the dead leaf.
Also gave them some molasses and human urine (just a dash) with their last watering.

Diagnosis based on the pics and backround?

and I will take care of the soil in 1 week.

DarkGreen

from my observations using glucose for your plants

from my observations using glucose for your plants

I'm still pretty new to this as well as you are. However, I killed some of my plants with too much sugar in the water. I think that you may have added too much molasses to your watering mixture. When I added a little table sugar (1 teaspoon per gallon water) to my plants with some N/P/K mix, the plants took off and grew well with a good healthy lush dark green look. But when I added a little too much sugar (5 teaspoons per gallon), the plants seemed to droop, yellow, and dry up. Later on they just died! I posted that I killed off my plants in an earlier thread. I read that giving glucose to your plants with some N is like giving it anabolic steroids. A plant makes sugar when it's given light, food, and water. So why not give it a little of what it makes(like our testosterone). But in the end I gave it too much. There is term called osmosis. A plant's roots contain a lot more sugar than plain ole water. When you add too much sugar like molasses to the water, it is greater than the amount in the roots and therefore will not absorb. This is similar to when you have hard water or too much salt in the water. You know when you definately used too much molasses or sugar when you see that your soil is getting white or fungus like.

However with all this abuse I gave my plants, I had one plant survive. It's stunted a little, but it must be a strong plant, but it's a male. Since it's one tough customer, I plan to breed it to some skunk#1 for some strong offspring.

Also, it's probably not good to use human urine on your plants, as it can change the PH of your soil a little soo much for the little seedlings. I think that you can add urine to larger more establised plants in very diluted amounts like 1 part urine in 10-20 parts water. Urine would probably work better on plants that were outdoors too, and it might be a good idea to deter dear and other wild animals.

For a test, stick a little urine in a bottle with some molasses/table sugar with some water and let it sit for a few days. The mixutre will get pretty nasty and gross. Imagine what it's doing to your plants.

And I think I overwatered my plants as well. One thing with sugars, is that it holds water really well just like salt. One glucose molecule will hold three molecules of water along with it. So by using molasses, you are saturating the soil more. I would just use a good basic ferting mix, and back off the watering to let the roots breathe.

I am still new to this as well. This is just what i've noticed as far as seedlings. So treat molasses (sugar) like a salt or other strong nutrients. Where did you get the Korean Landrace? From Korea? My grandmother was from Korea, and she used to talk of marijuana growing in her backyard. But nobody would take the plant away???

squib

they are about a month old, so I thought it wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the info. Wont be using urine any time soon although they are outside. People like your grandmother are the reason that a cannabis culture still exists in Korea. wonderful
-squib