What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"dont bug me"

G

im not exactly sure what it is that i got, but all i know is that its a white bug that jumps. im guessing white flies??
ok, well, today i bought this stuff, fox farm dont bug me spray, and i sprayed the plant a little, making sure to get any spot i could (she's only barely over 5", cant be too hard lol) (she's also about 5 1/2 weeks old, so im sure this is why she's that short!!)
anyway, i checked on it a few minutes later, and they were jumping all in the dirt, soming off the plant! this stuff is supposed to kill on contact, so im not sure if i should keep spraying the dirt, cause there still in there, but i dont want to roots or even the organic soil, soak up any of the bug spray. would that horribly hurt them or is it ok to spray the dirt too?
or is there any other way to get rid of them?

its obviously not that bad of a case, cause she still looks healthy! just not too vigourus in growth.

420guy

the spray won't hurt the tops of your soil...have been using "don't bug me" for a few years in hydro and dirt without any issues...one thing though, if dealing with spider mites,then ya might wanna switch up and use several different modes of attack as the borg tend to build up resistences to most defenses...stay safe

G

hey jeane get urself a hot shot no pest strip and prop it up against ur plant. all dead

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm quite shure they are thrips.....i have them now also...verry small white bug white 2 feelingsprites on there head and it jumps like 3 or 4 cm high.....they are in the soil and verry fast little buggers

from Mynamestichs's guide
11348788Bugs_problems_01flat.JPG

Last edited:
G

bingo, they are thrips.

i took a closer look, and noticed there little jumping larva type things with little entenas. whitish bodies with block eyes. yuck. how do i get rid of them?? there making my leaves look weird!!!

J

Jack Crevalle

Since you're in veg, you may want to solve the problem right away before it gets out of hand. Are you indoors? the strips are a bit toxic, but use them, because that kind of infestation indoors is a nightmare = no predators to keep them in check.
Once completely eradicated, loose the pest strips..
hey jeane get urself a hot shot no pest strip and prop it up against ur plant. all dead

G

thats what im trying to do, i refuse to flower it like this.
the dont bug me is supposed to help thrips but i dont think it worked very well, they attack the leafs the next day.
i dont know what else works, they seem to be hard to get rid of.

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well this is what i found.....

Organic Insecticides

Pyrethrum, rotenone, and ryania are effective insecticides which come as powders (dusts) or sprays. They are concentrated form of naturally occurring plant substances, and are considered harmless to warm-blooded animals when used as directed.

Ryania, which is found in the roots of a tropical shrub, is most effective against chewing insects, worms, and larvae, which it incapacitates, rather than kills.

Rotenone is a general-purpose insecticide with little residual effect; that is, it breaks down soon after application, and is therefore one of the safest insecticides. Two or three dustings during the seedling stages afford protection against most insects and bugs.

Pyrethrum is one of the most powerful natural insecticides, and is effective against a wide range of pests. It is also relatively nontoxic to bees and ladybugs. Pyrethrums are found in the pyrethrum plant as well as in chrysanthemums. They are non-persistent, and in small doses may make the insects sick without killing them. These insecticides are available at many nurseries and may provide the surest, easiest form of protection against serious insect attack

i'm hitting them with H2o for now and spraying the soilsurface with neem oil...
but i got a PM saying 2 use some safer soap but if you can find the producs from above i'm shure you'l be helpt ...

BowlPacks

pyrethrum is the active ingredient in DBM. When it says that it kills on contact it means, to be effective the spray has to be sprayed directly on the pest. SO just be sure to get every leaf surface wet with the spray. I would cover your medium, but i dont know if it matters. the next day give them a rinse with pure h20. next day spray with the DBM again, rinse second day. You can mix thing up and use SMC or SM-90 in place of the DBM. I use this cycle with SM-90 and SMC all the way through veg and until the plants start to show flowers. I only spray every 4-5 days though, when i dont have a visible pest problem.
Good luck bro...

G

im spraying them with water, and i put little sticky traps (its just rolled up yellow tape ha ha) on the inside wall of the medium. its getting a ton of them, i must of had this issue for a bit.
im going to alternate the dbm and the water, and i watered it a lot yesterday since they dont like wettness. (they all jumped to the tape for protection, ha ha ha dumbasses!) ill keep this up and see how it goes. ill be putting her into flower in a week or so.

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmh your wrong my friend they love the moisture...after watering you should dry out the pots untill its realy nessecary again...nway thats how i do it...

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
could be Jeane i'm no expert on the subject !
i need some help myself

i went to a garden store and bought some pyrethrum for the thrips i have....now the box is saying 50 ml for 10 L of water...that would be 5 ml a Liter....is that the dose i should use...?
also....can i appley it on flowering plants coz it stating not to...

also this is on the box side...
on basis from
20g/lpyrethrum = 2,2%
255g/piperonylbutoxide = 27,4%

ohw yea...as i understand its not used for soildrenches but for foliar spray is this correct....?
any info is greatly appreciated

PLz can some1 help me with this...i dont kno what the hell i'm supposed

Not hijacking the thread Jeane i just need a answer before i appley it on the flowering plants...did't wanne start a whole topic for it...

G

its all good, i dont mind at all.

i have no idea, dont bug me has pyrethrum, it doesnt say anythign about diluting it.
and yeah, you spray it. haha, thats the only part im sure of

Last edited:
G

with other plants i know people just take off all the flowers. but i doubt you wanna do that. im barely getting the plant, im spraying the soil where there all going crazy. i dont like the residue the pyrethrum leaves on the foliage.

mtnjohn

Veteran
i got 2 words for ya.......

hot shot no pest strips

they work
(i know...more than 2 words..so what)

mj