What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IR radiation and tempeture

OldPhart

Ok... I saw a post about this recently, and have spent over an hour trying to find it, and can't find it. Any way, someone was wanting to know if the IR radiation would change the effective temperature at the canopy level. As near as I remember, someone was talking about using an IR gun to take the temp of the canopy, and it was concluded that the IR had no effect. This got me thinking, and doing some reading on the matter. As I am sure most people around here would tell you that the 'ideal' temp is around 77-78 degrees. Well, that is assuming having the IR radiation from the sun or a HID lamp. I read a few things that would lead you to believe that the 'ideal' temp is closer to 85, if you don't have the high IR energy. does this mean that LED growers should be ramping the temp into the mid 80's? From what I put together, it sure sounds like that would be the right thing to do. Thoughts?

OP

Latest posts

Latest posts