What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to New Mexico. need help.

mazesnake

hello, My wife was offered a job in New Mexico and im trying to find out if i qualify for MMJ. I shattered my femur right below my hip in 2007. I have a rod that runs from my hip to my knee. It gives me a lot of problems mainly severe pain along with not being able to stand or sit for prolonged periods and my balance is easily thrown off. i also suffer from chronic depression, Ive been on antidepressants for twelve years. both of these problems seem to affect one another...if that makes sense.? What i was wanting to know is...would i qualify for MMJ and how do i go about registering .my wife and I are ready for a new start and this would help me immensely. thank you for your time.:)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why is property in NM twice that of CO & AZ?
It doesn't make sensi to me.

I'm speaking of raw acerage, btw.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
depending on where you're from be prepared for some culture shock...and some lack of culture shock as well...and make sure to get your ppl along with your med card as most of what i have seen in the dispensaries sucks...and learn to love green and red chili...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raw land... In the sticks...
Actually... I was looking up around the Mtns around Tous between CO southern boarder & Santa Fe. Also looking down south near the AZ boarder way away from the big Indian Reservations closer to Mexico.

Prices for property are just about double those in the neighboring states along those same boarders.

I already live in the SW, not far from the big reservations, so thinking I've got the culture already.
Not really interested in what the state says concerning my ganja needs. They'll be met regardless.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taos, Santa Fe are tourist areas, so higher.

Middle of the state, S. NM doable.

You'll find your place.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm like the Mtns better than the desert.
Gotta be close to/IN the snow in the winter time.
HEHE...

At this point I'm still just looking.
I'm going to have to make a decision in '17 though... CO or AZ or NM... I'm leaning toward CO or AZ just because of the land prices.

Thanks for the insight folks.