What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden *coco* vs Age Old Organics *Org Soil mix*

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Triple Diesel Cut. same same. Been working with it for 2 years now. USed H & G / coco perlite, for the whole period.

THis is a pic from a previous grow, with the H & G line. Right before harvest, day 69+.

I am on the fourth week in this comparison, and surprised that the Age Old Nutrient Soil plants seem to be keeping up, with less stretch. (and maybe a bit more aromatic, no surprise there).

Attempting this because I grew the most awesome Hawaiian Pineapple TOmatoes with AO organics this summer. THe plant was a monster.

Will fill in with details and pics later tomorrow.

stasis

Veteran
Soil Mix is Black GOld NAtural and Organic mix
Fox Farm Ocean FOrest
Perlite, large grain
Mykos Myco at transplant

Coco Mix
Canna Coco
Large grain Perlite
Mykos Myco at transplant

stasis

Veteran
May go over to the Age Old Organics and soil. Seems faster, and just as chunky..!!! Organic is always preferred. Can't wait to taste the difference. Plants are at day 62. Organic Trip D's looking a bit faster than the COco's.

With the one GG4 pretty much ready to take, and the Coc0 Trip D's doing their 72 day thing in tent 2. Building huge buds, but threatening to not fill in. They will though. Hence the 72 days. Some say the H & G Top Shooter/ SHooting Powder adds a week or even more.

stasis

Veteran
Going back to soil perlite and this Nutrient line in total. Couldn;t be more happy with the results.

Due to that ONE Hawaiian Pineapple TOmato plant I grew with the Age Old over the summer I tried this head-to-head. S0 glad I did.

Sorry for no pics. It's a survival harvest, I must admit, and photos are not the most important thing. I will get some when I take the last 11 down. 2 Organic soil plants and 9 house and garden coco perlite plants left. Day 63. The small buds taken from the one organic/soil GG4 one week ago are now semi smokable, and provide immense head rushes. Like when I was 18. Amazing. The remainder are Triple Diesels. Smelling like pure hash, and packing weight, when I add some more stakes for the final few days.

Not using Top Shooter, or Shooting Powder, as I ran out. Cha Ching is finishing out as the PK booster for the coco plants.

stasis

Veteran
As was expected. The H & G plants yielded more. Took an extra week too.

My logical guess is that the organic will taste better, but there is no difference in trich production. Both were stellar.

Age Old was much less expensive than H & G, but that is not a concern. I want what is best for the plants.

Did not use Top shooter or shooting powder. Replaced with Cha Ching, backed off the base nute a bit, and it all came out splendid. Photos to follow.

stasis

Veteran
<--- coco buds.... Yes, I'd say they did yield 10% over the organics.

This new computer seems to want to take my pictures somewhere I have trouble accessing them. I will use my old computadora to upload the comparison pics. As soon as I get a handle on the trimming, cloning and hashmaking that I must complete today and tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Some older pics of the Trip D.

The room with the one LED is the coco room. . About 58 days in on the run that I just pulled a week ago at 72 days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts