What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

REPORT: DOJ WANTS BANKS TO CALL POLICE ON CUSTOMERS WITHDRAWING $5,000 OR MORE

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i need 20k in the bank to buy this house. Tell me a good way to get it in there safely. I can't bring 20k to a closing in cash they want a check.

sprinkl

Veteran
i need 20k in the bank to buy this house. Tell me a good way to get it in there safely. I can't bring 20k to a closing in cash they want a check.

Give cash to close relatives, let them transfer money from their bank account to yours. Maybe a good accountant can help you as well. I don't think there are many legal options...

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I want to add to your point Ronbo :tiphat:that Gold and silver values trade every day in the market and nether will rot in the ground like cash.
With inflation cash plain and simple looses it value.

mowood3479

Veteran

This is how the banking system and irs collude to ensure u can't own property without rendering unto caesar..
Really the only way to do it, is to deposit cash in small amounts 1-2k over a period of time... Trading cash to friends for checks would also work ok... But either way u can't deposit all that cash into the bank without paying income tax on it at the end of the year...
Any $ u put into a bank acct is $ the irs is aware u have and expects u to pay tax on.
So now u pay the 20k closing.. The 4k to the lawyer and another 5k to the irs...
It's only a 45% markup to play their game... (Sarcasm)

Last edited:

SwampyTHC

I remember when i was younger i went on the whole conspiracy theory towards the government and banks and i recall reading that currency was only introduced as many many moons ago the wealthy handed out gold and silver as wages but soon came to realise they were fast running out so introduced the currency we have now, allowing them to keep there extra wealth as you never get the true value of our services in currency.

Keep yourselves as legit as possible keep the tax man off ya back and float under the radar people

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
What's fucked up is if it want to drive a Bentley i need to claim over 500k yearly and with that goes 40% of my cash fuckin crooks it's either you live simply have nothing and float below the radar or pay ridiculous taxes to have the things you wish to have.

Skip

Veteran
I can't remember if this was mentioned before but this line...
such suspicious activity includes, “Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more…”
Means you don't need to take $5,000 AT ONCE to raise flags.
You just need to deposit/withdraw that amount in cash out over a period of time.

So if you deposit/withdraw $1,000 in cash five times in a month, you'd probably raise a flag.

I remember bringing a big international money order to EUROPE from a vehicle sale in the US. My European bank insisted I fill out a form for the US government about the transaction, stating where the money came from. My banker apologized profusely and said it was a new law they had to comply with, even though it wasn't a law his country had passed.

So if you think the problem is only in the US, it's not. The US has forced nearly every country on earth to play its money game.

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
fuck banks. especially bank of America, more like bank of Nigeria. I keep an account with 25.00 in it. I need to pay a few bills, deposit said amount (normally 2-300 max), pay bill and done. granted I pay a 10.00 svc fee now, since I don't have a bull shit 9-5 job and no direct deposit. but its worth it. cash rules, and so do safety deposit boxes :)

You are not allowed to keep cash in safety deposit boxes, at least not in a chase bank

Ph-patrol

Veteran
If you have a business that deals in cash then it may be acknowledged but not flagged.
Even if you work in the food service industry its cash pay (Tips).
If you deposit with repetition and reasonable amounts no red flags.
a bartender will pulling down 800 a week or more in cash.

iBogart

Veteran
Pfft. This is bullshit. 5k is nothing, unless you bank in the ghetto. You think the cops are being called when 5k gets thrown around on Wall Street or Rodeo Drive?

sprinkl

Veteran
What's fucked up is if it want to drive a Bentley i need to claim over 500k yearly and with that goes 40% of my cash fuckin crooks it's either you live simply have nothing and float below the radar or pay ridiculous taxes to have the things you wish to have.

Or own a big company and pay close to 0% taxes using all kinds of loopholes... Then it's just the accountants that will cost you.

It's a system meant to keep the poor poor and the rich rich, same as it ever was and always will be...

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Ugh, I didn't know this was a problem but I've seen it before. I used to get my paycheck in the mail, and depositing close to 5K was a pain.. I assume this type of deposit is for cash, I'm sure there would have to be some type of trigger for these guys to call LEO. Heh, I just pulled 4G last month out, I'm thinking my legit income should wash away most large transactions.

I know they asked alot of questions when I pulled out 10K to buy a car. I know they have to report that.

mowood3479

Veteran
Ugh, I didn't know this was a problem but I've seen it before. I used to get my paycheck in the mail, and depositing close to 5K was a pain.. I assume this type of deposit is for cash, I'm sure there would have to be some type of trigger for these guys to call LEO. Heh, I just pulled 4G last month out, I'm thinking my legit income should wash away most large transactions.

I know they asked alot of questions when I pulled out 10K to buy a car. I know they have to report that.

Yes, it's for cash transactions... If it comes from a check they know exactly where the $ came from.
And they don't actually call the cops. They file a form with the irs... And if u get audited they have all those forms on file to fuck u with or if u have enough forms filed on u they might audit u just because of that.