What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD Diagnosis

Feijao

Anyone know of any friendly docs out there that will help you get approved with a PTSD diagnosis? For anyone that has been approved with PTSD. Can you tell me about your experience?

Thanks,

rolandomota

Veteran
Hi i dont know anything about ptsd but new mexicos residents will vote next november (2016) to tax and regulate for adults 21 and over. So you might not need a medical card unless the voters mess it up.

FCDobbs

Hi i dont know anything about ptsd but new mexicos residents will vote next november (2016) to tax and regulate for adults 21 and over. So you might not need a medical card unless the voters mess it up.

Dude,
Where did you come up with that? Please show me any documentation that indicates a 2016 vote. New Mexico is not an initiative state. As of 3/14/15 the senate passed a decriminalization bill, but it still has to get through the house. I dont have hi hopes as that sack of shit Gov martinez is a former DA and her husband is LEO. She would veto anything like that within her power.

rolandomota

Veteran
The internet is a marvelous thing. I sometimes look for marijuana news and read all the latest news about weed. Look up "srj2". The legislators did this so the people can vote on it their was no initiative since like you said new mexico doesn't have that.:tiphat:

Theirs also a federal bill for regulating and taxing marijuana like alcohol. And another that imposes a federal excise tax on marijuana sales. Just type it intoyour internet search bar.:tiphat:

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
2016 is a long time to wait for somebody with ptsd. There is an MMJ program already in NM. http://www.theweedblog.com/new-mexico-medical-marijuana-growers-sue-the-state/

There are dispensaries in NM. Arizona has reciprocity with all MMJ states, so NM patients can also go to Arizona collectives for meds. NM patients cannot go to AZ dispensaries though.

Also Dr. Carola Kieve office may able to help, they are leading the charge for ptsd patients in New Mexico.

Last edited:

motaman82

Hey guys seriously check out nm brief relief. I was there today and have an app with a doc to get my recommendation on fri. David is very professional and can answer any questions you might have.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also Albuquerque Integrative Medicine
http://abqmedicalmarijuana.com/

Dr. Rosenberg is awesome.

Yeah, the initiative will be tabled until Guv'nah Martinez leaves office. She's not been proactive nor helpful with Dept. of health trying to review applications. However, it will continue, MMJ licensure...just takes a while.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read the applying conditions for MMJ...PTSD is on the list.

When I lived in NM, for chronic pain/MMJ card/licensure to grow...had to have 2 consults. Probably the same (although just guessing) for PTSD.

There's a doc in ABQ that has been scrutinized, so went through above mentioned center and had exemplary results/support. If in Santa Fe area, go w/ M.D. mentioned.Perhaps contact NM Dept. of Health to see if they recommend this guy.

motaman82

update 4/1/15

update 4/1/15

Actually David Valdez of new mexico brief relief in abq informed me that the laws just Changed. Only one sign it up is needed for ptsd and now we r allowed 8 ounces every 3 mos.just thought I'd share that.

Feijao

So do I need to have a PTSD diagnosis from another NM psychologist before I see one of the aforementioned PTSD docs? I am kind of confused on that point as I have read that I do and that I dont. Sorry for all of the questions is just kind of nerve racking as Im already nervous about talking to someone about what might be PTSD and figuring out the MMJ part as well.

Thanks again guys for all of the help.

Feijao

Hey guys seriously check out nm brief relief. I was there today and have an app with a doc to get my recommendation on fri. David is very professional and can answer any questions you might have.

How did your appointment at NM Brief Relief work out?

Duk of Deth

In order to recommend cannabis in NM, they have to have the ability to prescribe medicine Psychologist vs Psychiatrist. For example I go through a private Psychiatrist who recommends cannabis. My VA Psychiatrist cannot prescribe or recommend cannabis (hopefully one day). You can ask current medical providers if they would sign the forms

Feijao

Thanks Duk, i'll try again ;)

So do I need to have a PTSD diagnosis from another NM Psychiatrist before I see one of the aforementioned PTSD Psychiatrists? I am kind of confused on that point as I have read that I do and that I dont. Sorry for all of the questions is just kind of nerve racking as Im already nervous about talking to someone about what might be PTSD and figuring out the MMJ part as well.

Thanks again guys for all of the help.

Duk of Deth

You only need one for PTSD. You can go to Dr J and he will do the full diagnosis. It's not an interrogation and you won't be accused of being a stoner. The front desk receptionist isn't the most customer service oriented. You can fill out paperwork on line and they can give you an answer.

I would contact whichever organization you want to deal with. They will help.

I hope someone else can make it clearer

Latest posts

Latest posts