What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aptus vs FloraSelf! Organic slow release pellets

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Yields before curing:
FloraSelf - 216 gram
Aptus - 178 gram

I will post the numbers after some humidity balancing in about 10 days.

Thanks you very much for joining my journal and adventure!

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Cannawolf, I haven't checked yet, I need to.
I really doubt they changed much over the curing period.

Ghostmade, thank you for tuning in :)

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I just finished curing the buds and let them dry further for the night, lowering the humidity from around 80% to around 60%. Should be good to smoke today.
I'll be back later today with numbers and hopefully an answer to your question.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The smoke is the same, but the FloraSelf yielded more and it is my winner :-D

cannawolf

nice one, i am looking where i can find the floraself and the floragard soil. If you know any special place please pm me :)

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I bought them at Hornbach, a huge store chain in Germany.
The FloraSelf was the cheapest organic fertilizer I found.

If I was to do it again I would use 70% of the fertilizer amount a non-fertilized soil base and add mycorhiza on the first watering for most strains.
For hardcore american strains I would add a cup of calk per 50L bag of soil - I had some cal-mag issues showing up.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Great grow, Fonzee!

Aptus has been getting a lot of buzz recently at the hydro shops. I am very interested in their time release pellets.

Golden State Organics on Amazon has a similar organic time release fertilizer that is 6-3-14 as well. I wonder if it is the same product.

Last edited:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I've been working with several slow release organic fertilizers and find them all to be quite similar. Currently, horse poop pellets work best for me. And it also the cheapest option I found so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts