What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suggestions

Lilcoco

I wanted to do a side by side but not sure....

Any suggestions. I have an 8x8 Flower room with a 1000 and 600 hps. The veg room is a bit smaller and have 8 t5s and a few compact floresents if needed. I can do dwc or soil. All suggestions are appreciated. Also, I have 4 haze and 4 white widdow popped (still seedlings) so time may be of the essence. Also, I am willing to give anything a shot that makes any sense to me. I am by no means a pro but I have grown enough times to basically know how certain plants wiill react.

Thanks

C

Lilcoco

Also I have haze belladona white widow green crack and pink grapefruit. If that helps. By the way I am willing to do a really strange side by side. I have the seeds and plenty of light and room as I grow for mostly my self. As long as it is either funny or educational.

StitchMonkey

You could try out individual ingredients and see if they make a difference.

For instance Advanced Nutrients publishes their (disclosed) ingredient list and many of those ingredients are available on their own.

Rhino Skin is just Potassium Silicate which you can get on it's own. You can get a lot of the ingredients on their own (I have recently been looking at Kelp4less.com but others may not other/similar options.

It might be neat to give the plants a very basic/popular course of neuts (or no neuts) and each plant one extra item, (within reason, not sure a single amino acid or B vitamin would be worth it unless it was more in depth, I could see an argument for humic and fulvic acid) and see if it does make a difference and/or do what products with that ingredient claim too.

Along the same lines, Big Bud appears to be mostly amino acids and a Potassium Sulfate, & Monopotassium phosphate (and some acids at the end that I wonder if are more for mixing, I know citric acid is often added to foods for stability purpose). It might be neat to do one plant on Big Big, one on nothing, one on amino acids (Kelp4less does have an amino acid blend FYI, not sure how common that is), one on Potassium Sulfate and one on Monopotassium Phosphate and see how the each turn out. Or go all out and try to recreate the full recipe and compare to the store bought one.

So many products have overlapping ingredients, I can't help but wonder if a few selective additions rather than a full cocktail might not be the better option in some cases. Looking at the generic equivalent of the active ingredient could be useful.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
start w something simple like a DWC/Soil side by side using clones. It's possible you'll discover some weaknesses with your methods and then show whitch method you are more versed in. ;)

Its important, imo, that you are interested in the show.
There's a suggestion thread already running. Maybe you could peruse it and find something that suits your fancy.

Gogo8

Start with DWC and soil and see how it goes. Experiment with it and see which is the best for your conditions.

Latest posts

Latest posts